• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming opinions that are comedic

Ulysses 31

What-if-Zelda-was-a-Girl-TShirt.jpg

You mean great films and books.
I think the average story/narrative in mainstream games tends to be quite dull and not really that great, save a few exceptions. But some modern mainstream movies and shows make me want to jump off a cliff.

Yeah I mean the best versus the best.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
FF VII remake is better than original (specially the combat system) :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Ah yes, the old FF VII gameplay is better because it’s turn based and therefore strategic! You have to plan your moves out and use strategy.

Sometimes I use the strategy of picking “attack” from a menu over and over until everything is dead. Other times I use the strategy of 1-shotting the entire enemy party with a spell. Sometimes my strategy even involves using a healing spell when my HP gets low!

Shame we had to throw away that strategic gameplay just to appease the ignorant gaijin dudebro audience.

Davevil

Ah yes, the old FF VII gameplay is better because it’s turn based and therefore strategic! You have to plan your moves out and use strategy.

Sometimes I use the strategy of picking “attack” from a menu over and over until everything is dead. Other times I use the strategy of 1-shotting the entire enemy party with a spell. Sometimes my strategy even involves using a healing spell when my HP gets low!

Shame we had to throw away that strategic gameplay just to appease the ignorant gaijin dudebro audience.
triple-h-cant-stop-laughing.gif

Bragr

Banned
Emulating on Steam Deck is the same as playing on the Switch as long as I own the game.

Old games are better than new.

They don't make good games anymore.

The Dreamcast had a lot of good games.

It's enough to only game on a PC.

It's enough to only game on a console.

Playing PC games on the TV is like using a console.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
"Emulating games is piracy"

"There should be more legal repercussions for pirating/emulating a game"

"AAA games are better than ever"

And my favorite:

"Indie games are pixel roguelike trash"

Honorable mentions

"The 90s was the best era of video games" (these people have never lived through the 2000s)

"This game has a newgrounds flash style" (like that's a bad thing, somehow)

"Demoscene productions are boring" (yes ReBurn ReBurn , I still remember)

The CGI quality graphics motherfuckers, and you can't tell them nothing, motherfuckers are straight crazy. I'm personally a concept artist and I do get laughs sometimes by reading the posts here, but then you see Pixar name get tossed around and I'm just like "my god".

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
The CGI quality graphics motherfuckers, and you can't tell them nothing, motherfuckers are straight crazy. I'm personally a concept artist and I do get laughs sometimes by reading the posts here, but then you see Pixar name get tossed around and I'm just like "my god".
Ignorant Pixar should use some console and a game engine for their movies. Why waste so many hours per frame on their render farms?

Catphish

This scene is perfectly fine and if you think it’s retarded, that’s just proof that it went over your head

Nah, I’ve just been a part of that community for so long and find some of those people to be insufferable. Either the genre is being unjustly persecuted and is on the brink of extinction, or else it’s on the cusp of some renaissance and the second coming of 90s Squaresoft. Sometimes at the same time.

That scene is stupid as hell.

Forgot to list another lovely comedic quote...

"We have hit diminishing returns for visuals, future titles will never look better! This is ceiling!"

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
“Returnal is an indie game”.

Credits run for 18 minutes:

Housemarque is owned by Sony....how could it possibly be Independent.

Their last game was funded by Sony....again not independent.

Why would anyone assume Returnal is an indie game?

tommib

Housemarque is owned by Sony....how could it possibly be Independent.

Their last game was funded by Sony....again not independent.

Why would anyone assume Returnal is an indie game?
Nah it would just be another AA from an indie studio.

Sony had to give away All-stars for free because of how bad it is.

Returnal is an indie game.

Ratchet is the only game that you could call a proper PS5 game but it lasts 10 hours and it's a ratchet game.

So one game in a year, great job.

As much as I hate to admit it, Returnal just felt like an indie game compared to Ratchet which felt like an AAA title with incredible graphics, storytelling, and setpieces. Returnal is the better game, but in this day and age you gotta do more than just have great combat and level design.

I do like halo and horizon but I won’t buy a console for two games. Ratchet is boring, Demons Souls is a PS3 game and Returnal is indie.

People who say Returnal is indie are one of the following

A ) Fanboys of a particular plastic box
B ) Just silly trolls
C) Do not understand what is classified as an indie game and need an education

B ) All of the above

What is an indie game?

An indie game is when you have a much smaller team with a much smaller budget and not as many resources. That is what an indie game is. An average indie team can be compromised of as little as 10 people or even less.

There are also some larger indie teams out there that can go upto about 30 or so, but they are still considered indie just on a bigger scale.

Meanwhile typical AAA game usually has hundreds of people involved not just from 1 studio but also a ton of out-sourcing. For example - Blizzard does a ton of out sourcing for World of Warcraft and even Diablo when it comes to the art work. It's not just the in-house art team that works on their big games.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
“The Japanese audience always preferred traditional turn based JRPGs, it wasn’t until PS3 era that they started making action-based battle systems to appeal to the worldwide audience”
- some slimy goo dude around here

Wildebeest

"I wouldn't ever play a turn based RPG because it is too slow and everything takes too long."

Plays a real time RPG which is so padded out with repetitive brain dead trash battles that you have to play for hundreds of hours to get anywhere.

Top Bottom