• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming opinions that are comedic

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
619.png

Jaybe

This is a NeoGAF classic and the first I thought of when I read the title:

Why I decided to limit my 144Hz monitor to 60Hz... Even when hardware is more than enough.​

- 60fps is smooth enough

- that feeling of smoothness is even more enhanced when you watch low fps stuff like movies, and series, many YT videos, or just from time to time games which are 30fps

- anything above 60fps is noticeably smoother, but that extra smoothness also ruins standard framerate in games

- 60fps as ideal standard for most people makes you more connected to your fellow gamers

- most people in the world will rarely, if ever, experience more than 60fps

- more fps requires more power, which means more money

- it's just a game; Metal Gear Solid, many Final Fantasy titles, Silent Hills (plural, not Kojima's thing), Pokemon, etc. are some of the most beloved titles in history of gaming, and they ran at 30fps, or lower

- fast paced multiplayer games suck anyway

- in life you learn that it is often necessary to lower your standards for happiness

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You mean great films and books.
I think the average story/narrative in mainstream games tends to be quite dull and not really that great, save a few exceptions. But some modern mainstream movies and shows make me want to jump off a cliff.

To be fair they had those in the 90's too.

sVxrnT2.jpg

ReBurn

Gold Member
"Emulating games is piracy"

"There should be more legal repercussions for pirating/emulating a game"

"AAA games are better than ever"

And my favorite:

"Indie games are pixel roguelike trash"

Honorable mentions

"The 90s was the best era of video games" (these people have never lived through the 2000s)

"This game has a newgrounds flash style" (like that's a bad thing, somehow)

"Demoscene productions are boring" (yes ReBurn ReBurn , I still remember)
They are though

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gaming’s never been cheaper.

Sure, if you’re only into ftp trash. And fuck right off with your stupid inflation calculator.
During the 16 bit era, high meg games with battery back up were $100 CDN. PS2 and Vermillion on Genesis were $120. I know because my siblings and I all chipped in. Genesis and SNES games had a standard price of $80 (+/- $10). SFII was $95. N64 games were about $100 standard.

CD games came about and prices right away dropped to $60. Went to $70, then during the global crisis went back down to $60 when currency pegged 1:1 with the US. Since then, $70.. $80... and now $90 the past year or two.

Canadian game prices are roughly back to where they were during the cartridge days 25-30 years ago.

Last edited:
DLC isn't a slippery slope
MTX is on game isn't an issue
X isn't an issue, just don't play game (Usually followed by complaining about how X is an issue in every game)
2FA stops hackers and cheaters, just buy a burner phone.

95% of opinions of gamers who weren't alive before 1995

Elysion

Banned
During the 16 bit era, high meg games with battery back up were $100 CDN. PS2 and Vermillion on Genesis were $120. I know because my siblings and I all chipped in. Genesis and SNES games had a standard price of $80 (+/- $10). SFII was $95. N64 games were about $100 standard.

CD games came about and prices right away dropped to $60. Went to $70, then during the global crisis went back down to $60 when currency pegged 1:1 with the US. Since then, $70.. $80... and now $90 the past year or two.

Canadian game prices are roughly back to where they were during the cartridge days 25-30 years ago.

Yeah, I remember SNES and MegaDrive games being ridiculously expensive in Europe too. The PS1 was a godsend in this regard; not only did new games only cost around 50 bucks (in €), but they were also much more likely to go on sale. Starting with PS2 the price went up to 60€, which sucked, but was still much cheaper than during the cartridge era. I also remember (physical) PC games usually being ~10€ cheaper than console games.

Top Bottom