• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming YouTubers have had their likenesses stolen and sold as NFTs

plushyp

Gaming YouTubers have had their likenesses stolen and sold as NFTs​

Alanah Pearce, James Stephanie Sterling and Caddicarus have so far been victims.

Gaming YouTubers have had their likenesses stolen and turned into NFTs.

The NFTs cropped up on auction site OpenSea, including an image of the content creator and a unique URL for the cards that's merely the YouTube channel address.

The user StakeTheWeb appears to be making NFTs of influencers across social media, including gaming YouTubers James Stephanie Sterling and Caddicarus who tweeted their disapproval.

The drama continues:

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
here we go batman GIF

But NFT's are the future.

There's this country where this kind of stuff is common and that likes crypto a lot. Who are the owners of these websites with no respect for copyright and basic ethics?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I can't put enough quotation marks around the word "victims" so I won't try.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Have to admit a fair degree of schadenfreude about Sterling getting NFT'd given their (sigh, pronouns) track record of cavalier disregard for other peoples copyrights :D

So much for the "property is theft" anti-capitalist/ Breadtuber rhetoric, too...

LOL

No PS5 in stock but at least we'll get tons of funny NFT stories in 2022. I mean the guys buying up all GPUs from the profit they make selling overpriced consoles to mine crypto have to do something with all the make believe coins.

nowhat

The end is near, and the stupidity is reaching unprecedented levels.
Whenever there's an article about NFTs with a "NFT? WTF?" sidebar I read those, because while the concept isn't that new anymore, I feel like there must be something I've missed. But no, already got it, I just feel stupider having read that.

I suspect that is by design. And the ultimate culprit is... aliens. It's Zak McKcracken all over again, they've just come up with a new scheme.

Honey Bunny

Who the f*** buys NFTs?
I actually want to meet someone to measure their stupidity
Me and I made a bunch of money off them. Holding some of the oldest ones from Ethereum/Counterparty because I think they'll do well long term and they're pretty interesting tech-wise as well.

Last edited:

Fbh

Ok business idea.

NFT's of various famous youtube personalities
But in video format
And you add a bit of voice over
If anyone complains go online and whine that it's fair use because of the voice over.
????
Profit

When I got the news I panicked. Me? My likeness? My branded gaming chair and 7.2 surround sound gaming headset. My t-shirt with an ironic video game graphic on it. These are more then just items, these are me. I can't possibly describe the feeling of having this commodified and sold on a shady gray market blockchain. A lifetime of therapy won't correct this. Expanding the array of psych drugs I'm prescribed will not be enough either. Guys... I'm starting to think I won't recover from this.

nkarafo

How does one even "make" an NFT?

I was thinking the other day, i should remove my stuff from devianart because of this shit.

Then i thought i don't give a shit really.

Valt7786

pikachu-belly-drum.gif

I tried to find one where a fat guy was sleeping and then he slaps a fly on his belly but doesn't wake up to show my lack of care but this one is much funnier anyway.

What a fuckin stupid world haha.

Sorry Alanah, its canon now that you've been Blacked.

Pff, you think she hasn't been already? >.>

Top Bottom