• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: 10 Recent Games With Smart Enemy AI

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Well-implemented enemy AI is characterized by the believability of opposing NPC movement, how they converse, behave, and react to any given situation created by the player. It’s an important ingredient in maintaining player immersion, with the success of combat-heavy experiences especially hinging on the perceived intelligence of the game’s enemies, and how they perform both individually and together.

0:30 TLoU II
1:15 Elden Ring
1:57 Halo Infinite
2:36 SIFU
3:26 Horizon Forbidden West
4:17 Returnal
5:11 RDR 2
5:57 Half Life Alyx
6:42 RE: Village
7:16 Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Interfectum

Elden Ring

Spider Man Lol GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Honorable Mention: Triangle Strategy
Yeah the enemy actually use the map to their advantage and even use items like oil to set part of the map on fire.

Elden Ring

Spider Man Lol GIF
I love FROM game but yeah the AI is dump as hell, even for the bosses, what makes them difficult is their attack patterns not because of smart AI.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I love Elden Ring (GOTY) but in what way is the enemy AI smart? The input reading isn’t that clever at all, you can cheese so many areas and you can do it the same way every single time. Zelda 2 from 1987 have better enemy AI with the shield mechanic. Edit: Recent games. Fine, there isn’t much to choose from I guess.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Elden Ring?

Hell the guy even mentions that the game is using relatively dumb input reading.
The first clip is him walking right past an enemy to stab them in the ass.

GymWolf

Some good choices and some terrible ones.

The guy seems pretty confused on what makes an ia good.

( i mean, it's gamingbolt afterall)

Last edited:
Top Bottom