• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: 15 Best Racing Games of All Time

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Racing games are an interesting genre, capable of appealing to all kinds of players. From realistic sims to arcade titles, there's a wide range of choices available with futuristic settings, open-world games, and so on.

Let's take a look back at some of the best racing titles, and what makes them so great.

#1 0:23 Burnout: Paradise Remastered
#2 1:04 Forza Motorsport 7
#3 1:40 Need for Speed: Underground
#4 2:16 DiRT Rally
#5 2:52 Gran Turismo 7
#6 3:30 Forza Horizon 5
#7 4:05 Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
#8 4:39 F1 2020
#9 5:13 Wreckfest
#10 5:39 WipEout: Omega Collection
#11 6:14 Inertial Drift
#12 6:46 Race Driver: Grid
#13 7:18 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
#14 7:55 Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix
#15 8:29 Project Gotham Racing 2

My all time favorite is Kinetica. Whenever i mention this game to my friends, they give me a blank stare because they have no idea what it is. Hidden gem in the ps2 library.

Hh4bz74.jpg

nxULvqX.jpg

RoboFu

One of the green rats
People sure like to hype up GT7 beyond what it is. GT really hasn’t been great since 3.

I don’t see Ridge Racer 7 so list is invalid.

edit:
seeing as my opinion has changed on GT7 after this necro bump I would like to point out that I have since started to love GT7 but it wasnt until after many hours of unlocking content.

Last edited:

Arachnid

This is by far the dumbest list I've seen.
Yeah, the entire list is all outta wack. Forza Motorsport 7 isn't even the best FM game. 4 is the pinnacle of that series. Horizon 5 should also be higher, if not number 1. Greatest arcade racer of all time.

Mario Kart should be on there too. It's the racing game with the most mass appeal. People who don't give a shit about racing grew up with and love that game. It was good to see some Dirt Rally, Midnight Club and Hot Pursuit love though.

intbal

I can't come up with 15, but here's my top ten list.

1. Daytona USA (Arcade 1994)
2. Racing Destruction Set (Commodore 64 1985)
3. Ivan Stewart's Super Offroad (Arcade 1989)
4. RoadBlasters (Arcade 1987)
5. Outrun (Arcade 1986)
6. Pole Position II (Arcade 1983)
7. Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box (PC 2009)
8. Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox 2004)
9. Indy 500 (Atari 2600 1977)
10. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox 2003)

TheMan

Best CONSOLE racing games. If you’re looking for hardcore sims you need to look at ACC, AMS2, and Iracing on pc

This is an impossible list. Best of all time is fucking hard to nail down. Racing games have come so far in the last 10 years that it is hard to put anything older on the list. Besides, what kind of racer? Kart racer, arcade racer, sim racer, rally car, etc..... There are way too many styles and types to compare all of them

A fan of modern games like GT7 but wtf shite list.

GT4? MCLA? GT3? FM4?

FH1 and 2? Before they went all purple tings with the new ones

Top Bottom