• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamingBolt: PS4 - 7 Years In Review

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's fair to say that Sony pulled it off quite thoroughly with the PlayStation 4. Whether or not the PS5 will follow a similar trajectory remains to be seen. Sony's first party is stronger than ever, plenty of major third party games have been announced as exclusives, the hardware is much more powerful and capable than the PS4's had been at launch, and even though the pricing isn't exactly cheap, it's not unreasonable either.

Early signs suggest that the PS5 has the makings of a great console- that might turn out to be completely untrue a few years down the line, or it might not. Either way, we're at least hoping that it gets off to a strong start less than a month from now.

Almost picture perfect execution of vision, and planning. A model to follow for others on how traditional consoles are sold, and supported.

It’s simply a case of it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Hardware, price, studios making more than one project/IP to bulk the portfolio to sustain momentum and excitement for the gamer of what’s available and what’s coming.

The greatest compliment I can pay PS4 is that I’m someone who is a passionate Xbox fan since the OG and whilst I always buy and enjoy PlayStation and Nintendo , my money and time was spent more with Xbox. This generation I spent more time and money on PlayStation 4 than the others. Considerably.

I know the PS2 is lauded , understandably however in my opinion PS4 is joint top with PS1 in being Sonys best console.

Top Bottom