• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamingbolt: Sony’s Decision To Make PSVR2 Over A PlayStation Handheld Is Baffling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Banned
I explained the reasons in the post you didn't read that was reposted 15 times.
Donald Trump Reaction GIF

LakeOf9

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-off-to-slow-start-as-metaverse-push-sputters

Sony Group Corp. is projected to sell fewer than 300,000 PlayStation VR2 headsets in its first weeks on the market, a slow start for company efforts to take a leading role in development of the metaverse.
The Tokyo-based console maker is likely to sell about 270,000 units of the PSVR2 between its Feb. 22 release and the end of March, according to estimates from the research firm IDC. Sony had a lofty goal of making about 2 million units for the PSVR2's launch window, Bloomberg News reported last year.

Not sure where else to put this since I can't make threads.

Anyway, looks like the central thesis of the article (that this won't sell enough to be made over something like a new handheld which even at Vita numbers would be much more successful) is definitely turning out to be accurate.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-off-to-slow-start-as-metaverse-push-sputters

Anyway, looks like the central thesis of the article (that this won't sell enough to be made over something like a new handheld which even at Vita numbers would be much more successful) is definitely turning out to be accurate.

Isn't that author known for making BS numbers and has been called out by Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft? I would take it with a massive grain of salt.

LakeOf9

Isn't that author known for making BS numbers and has been called out by Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft? I would take it with a massive grain of salt.
The author is only reporting numbers made by an independent respected third party market analysis firm cited by companies in their own internal projections and reports multiple times. No question Takahashi sucks, but these aren't his numbers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I made a thread for it, it disappeared in 2 minutes. Probably best to post it in other topics lol.

Last edited:

ironmang

Would be hard to sell another handheld with how quickly they abandoned the Vita.

Not that $550 PSVR2 is much better but at least they're the only ones in the console market going after VR.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Bloomberg ain't exactly The National Enquirer. It's a pretty respected news source, and I have a hunch they're not wrong about this.
gene wilder igor GIF

It really isn't though. They hired Schreier who is the biggest weasle and conartist in the gaming industry.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It really isn't though. They hired Schreier who is the biggest weasle and conartist in the gaming industry.

Opinions about him as a person aside, he's pretty much the most reliable news breaker for the industry at the moment.

Also, I don't know what exactly you're implying but I don't see why Bloomberg would need to falsify this. Even their last article about PSVR 2's production forecast wasn't exactly refuted by Sony, they just said they're on track to meet the production numbers, nothing about the production forecast, which they previously reportedly cut from 2m to 1.5m for the year.

Last edited:

Reallink

They don't even sell the hardware in stores, have communicated no software roadmap whatsoever, its sole exclusive is a middling Horizon themed "The Climb" from their D-Grade Indie-Tier developer, and the product itself is damn near fundamentally broken by its industry worst lenses, industry worst headstrap, and industry worst display artifacts (the mura and/or crystal diffusion layer). It's the worst hardware launch in SCE history without question, from top to bottom, and I'm not talking about sales figures.

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

It's sole exclusive is a middling Horizon themed "The Climb" from their D-Grade Indie-Tier developer, and the product itself is damn near fundamentally broken by its industry worst lenses, industry worst headstrap, and industry worst display artifacts (the mura and/or crystal diffusion layer). It's the worst hardware launch in SCE history without question, from top to bottom.
Huh? Is this true Minsc Minsc and Alexios Alexios ?

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Huh? Is this true Minsc Minsc and Romulus Romulus ?
I mean, it's clearly hyperbole. I was playing RE8 VR on it last night along with Puzzling Places (just picked up the full version), both games are amazing, I have no flaws at all to mention with Puzzling Places, it looks phenomenal, and RE8 VR is like a whole new experience for me, I've never seen a VR game so immersive. Every time I go back to it I end up having more fun than any other game I've played flat this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom