• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 6 is Being Prepped for Motion Capture

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

According to a new job listing earlier today, The Coalition is seeking a motion capture technician to work on its Gears of War franchise where the chosen candidate will help “ensure high-quality data capture/data quality assurance during shoots” and more for what clearly is Gears 6.

Last year, The Coalition announced that it will be shifting “multiple new projects” to Unreal Engine 5. While the developer never mentioned Gears 6 by name, it did assure that the Gears of War franchise will “always be at the front of Unreal Engine development”. Gears 5 will hence be the last installment in the long-running franchise to make use of Unreal Engine 4.

Fatmanp

2024 earliest imo which is fine. The last two games were three years apart and they never really felt too different apart from the semi open structure.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
fa283c1b-1993-4dca-8b58-48931767a291_rw_1920.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
My question is which ending is canon from gears 5

JD death or Dell death

( and if gears 6 are still crossgen with xbox one)

Last edited:

Little Chicken

Gold Member
My problem with Gears 4 and 5 is that they're shoehorning a whole lot of melodramatic story into it when there doesn't need to be.

I understand that the "lack" of story was the biggest problem with the first game but fuck me if it didn't flow well. More of that, please.

The Alien

Banned
In a bad way. I mean, Gears is a series about dude/dudettes shooting monsters made out of goo and shit. That felt incredibly pretentious and deeper than this series has any right to be. It was cringe. For me, anyway.
I didn't like that trailer either TBH. And I'm a Gears fan. I thought the initial trailer was pretty f'ing amazing tho. Then they released this and I didn't like it....I got it, but didn't like it.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Nice. Issue is I have to replay 5 again to remember what happened.. shoot I vaguly remember the dlc.

What were they doing the past 3 years?

Hivebusters, Gears Tactics, the Matrix demo, working with Ninja Theory and most likely all other 1st party devs using Unreal on tech/assets..all while working on 2 of their own games from home during Covid.

Btw, you know game development doesn't start with "mo cap" right?

Chukhopops

Hivebusters, Gears Tactics, the Matrix demo, working with Ninja Theory and most likely all other 1st party devs using Unreal on tech/assets..all while working on 2 of their own games from home during Covid.

Also supporting Gears 5 which has received a ton of post launch content including maps, classes, characters etc.

Would you guys still like Gears if they completely changed the movement, traversal mechanics? Because I almost think I want that to happen for this franchise.

MadPanda

Banned

Hivebusters was a 2 hours dlc, tactics was fine by splash damage, the matrix demo is a demo obviously. Nothing substantial for a team which used to pump out a full gaje every three years. Game development doesn't start with mocap but doesn't end too.

Fredrik

Hopefully the one with JD alive

No ofence to dell i think hes great but cant watch Marcus suffer another loss this guy already lost so much from his father teammates and wives losing JD could be the final nail for him
They clearly wanted us to save Dell going by how they set up JDs story in this game but I replayed it and saved JD instead and any fan of the IP will think it’s a better ending. Marcus has already lost his wife, he’s already depressed and angry, killing off his son too was such a bs ending just to get us emotional. Plus, where will they go with that? Having both Marcus and Kait go out on a revenge mission? It’s about as boring as a story can be. Really, having two endings was a shit idea, plain and simple. Now they have to deal with two story archs going forward, or pissed off fans if they kill JD, or Twitter noise if they kill off mr nice guy Dell who’re black.

Reactions: PJX

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I love Gears but I feel it need to sit out this gen and let Coalition do something new. Xbox also has a lot of other games to cover for Gears aswell.
I think they could do something new in the Gears universe. But I tend to agree. I'm not super excited for another rehash of the same gameplay.

Airbus Jr

Banned
They clearly wanted us to save Dell going by how they set up JDs story in this game but I replayed it and saved JD instead and any fan of the IP will think it’s a better ending. Marcus has already lost his wife, he’s already depressed and angry, killing off his son too was such a bs ending just to get us emotional. Plus, where will they go with that? Having both Marcus and Kait go out on a revenge mission? It’s about as boring as a story can be. Really, having two endings was a shit idea, plain and simple. Now they have to deal with two story archs going forward, or pissed off fans if they kill JD, or Twitter noise if they kill off mr nice guy Dell who’re black.

The Office No GIF

If JD dead you know what that means right marcus fenix bloodline is over

Sucks if true

I hope they make every act in gears 6 freeroam and with a much better story, gears 5 first 2 acts were some of the best in the series and then it just went down hill fast, in the minority that actually enjoys the multiplayer in 5 just for the fact that every gun is a decent which makes a change from using the gnasher 24/7

My question is which ending is canon from gears 5

JD death or Dell death

( and if gears 6 are still crossgen with xbox one)
I hope dell dying is canon, dell is just a shitty dom, atleast jd had some character development and was going to end up like his dad in some way, jd surviving took it way harder that dell died instead of the other way round, could have jd having flash backs of dell and him killing the queens daughter or something

Last edited:

Caio

Can't wait to play it on my future XBox mid Gen upgrade, in full glory on Unreal Engine 5 and my LG C2. It will be EPIC :D

Top Bottom