• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War could be getting the ‘Master Chief Collection treatment’, it’s claimed (VGC)

Beardsalt

If they could remake Gears 1 & 2 In UE5, that would be ”Da Shit!” but fuck a remaster. Like most have already said, this would be a waste of time and resource!

MrA

Banned
What a waste of resources and time and I say this with gears of war as one of my fave/most played franchises ever.

The games are already 4k and 60fps on series X with backwards compat enhancements.

Just make gears 6 instead.

I didn't buy a series X to play a remake off a game I've already played to death and that are already readily available to play without any hassle.

if it does happen, I'll probably still end up playing it, imagine if every single games seriously acheivement made it in too, :'(

Edit: apparently gears 2 and 3 are not on PC, guess a MCC like collection isn't too bad an idea after all, if it helps introduce a different audience to the games.
Net code on gears 2 multi-player is still bad and popular, so a remaster that fixes it would be great

My stance on this is similar to TLOU remake, I don't see why it's necessary, but it's probably a pretty low investment to make it work and fills a game in the schedule, so why not?

I'd always prefer studios to make new content but remakes of games that already look and play just fine and aren't that dated is pretty unnecessary IMHO

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I've never been a big gears fan. If this news is true I'll definitely give it another go. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Microsoft's fall release. Otherwise their 2023 is absolutely barren.

Jennings

I've never liked the Gears games and won't actually play an MCC-treated version, but as a rule I welcome all game remasters and updates when they're done right (like Spyro and Diablo 2) and not poorly (like GTA and Warcraft Reforged). This will add even more value to Gamepass.

LordCBH

That would be pretty sick. But man I REALLY want Fable to get the collection treatment just so I can play 2 on PC.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't think it's needed, especially on XSX. I replayed those game pretty recently and they look and plays great.

Ozriel

M$FT
My stance on this is similar to TLOU2 remake, I don't see why it's necessary, but it's probably a pretty low investment to make it work and fills a game in the schedule, so why not?

I'd always prefer studios to make new content but remakes of games that already look and play just fine and aren't that dated is pretty unnecessary IMHO

I may not be a huge fan of this rumored collection, but I really don’t see the sense in comparing remakes of a PS4 game with remakes of early to mid life Xbox 360 games.

DavJay

Makes as much sense as Sony remaking Bloodborne and TLoU but I guess there’s oddly a market for it.

II_JumPeR_I

I dont see the Gears IP as relevant anymore.
4 and 5 were okish but nothing to get excited about.
And sry but the pc crowd doesnt give a fuck about Gears.

Man i rather see Fable getting some love.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I dont see the Gears IP as relevant anymore.
4 and 5 were okish but nothing to get excited about.
And sry but the pc crowd doesnt give a fuck about Gears.

Man i rather see Fable getting some love.
And people care about fable ?

itxaka

Defeatist
Should be fable instead. Bump that Rez, get them on 60fps with some nice lighting and update a bit the controls so they are not that cluncky and raise awarenessfor the next fable game.

Drew1440

Leave those games alone, I don't trust the modern Microsoft who will probably find these games to have problematic themes.

I would get it.

I wasn't historically a Halo fan and bought the MCC on Steam at the end of last year. For $16 (or thereabouts, price I paid for it on sale), it seems like an absolutely exceptional video game package.

Andodalf

Banned
This will be good as The Coalition have been consistently competent.

It’s amusing that it’s Halo, Gears and Forza again. Back to what made the 360 so tedious in the end.
AAA games take 4+ years to make these days and 4 years ago all they had was a studio for forza, gears, Halo, and minecraft, plus rare. what would you expect? thankful they’ve bought another couple dozen studios and we’ll see those games soon. we already have seen a lot of them they’ve just been under old contacts

JayDucker

I have a question for you guys. I got a Series X a few days ago and I've never played the GoW games so I'm gonna play them soon, do I play the old 360 original or the remaster? keeping in mind i'll be playing 2, 3 etc, after.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Yep.

If they're going to do it, I would hope Judgment is also in the package.

It's the only console Gears game that's stuck on 720p on Series S|X.
hAZSWca.jpg

sofia deserves better than 720p

AREYOUOKAY?

MS has been pretty good about putting their games on Steam lately. I don't see any reason this won't (if it's true in the first place).
While that's true it still sucks to give a platform a series that was once exclusive to another and not offer all their games even if the missing games may or may not suck. The only Microsoft Game Studios series which I can understand would have issues with older game ports would be the Forza games due to car or music licensing issues, but my point is there will always be those who would want to buy them if they missed out back on the day when they were new on Xbox.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I have a question for you guys. I got a Series X a few days ago and I've never played the GoW games so I'm gonna play them soon, do I play the old 360 original or the remaster? keeping in mind i'll be playing 2, 3 etc, after.
Gears of War Ultimate Edition is the remastered version of the original. You want to be playing that one to start with, it is the exact same source code / gameplay. Obviously 2 and 3 are old original versions so they won't look as nice after Ultimate.

Complistic

This isn't a project that distracts an entire studio, just a smaller sized team. So I absolutely hope they do this. MCC is wonderful now.

The Alien

Banned
Gimme all the mp maps, for horde & versus, remastered with Gears 4 or 5 movement and graphic, from every entry into a single package.

Then, you can take my money.

Top Bottom