• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War veteran reveals they've returned to the series for mysterious project

Draugoth

Gold Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/gears-of...eturned-to-the-series-for-mysterious-project/
Joshua Ortega has subtly announced they're back working on Gears of War

Gears of War veteran Joshua Ortega has quietly revealed that they've returned to the Xbox Games Studio's series.

In a tweet, which quote retweeted a previous thread from Ortega about their work on Gears of War, Ortega simply tweeted: "Once again it’s on!" Although this doesn't reveal exactly what the former Gears writer is working on now, it does hint to the fact that they've joined they're back working on the series once again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"Mysterious project"

clever-stare.gif

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They should just move on to another franchise. Gears has peaked with 2-3 and hasn't gotten any better since then. Time to work on something else.
I would definitely prefer that. Even if it's a gritty TPS that's similar. I have no need for it to be a Gears IP game, and honestly the IP is mostly a negative. They can make a better TPS without it.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
They gotta finish the second trilogy first. Gears 5 ended in a cliffhanger.

What an idiotic move was to make that game a 3 player coop when the third player is just a flying tool robot lmao. I dont even remember how it ends. Guess Ill just replay them if they ever make a third one.

splattered

Yeah I'd like to either see a full reboot of the series or just finish off the current story with one final awesome pull out all the stops game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I read that as "Jenna Ortega has subtly announced they're back working on Gears of War"

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just want original gow trilogy on pc.
None of this ultimate shite or original gow1 release with terrible brumak level.
Original 360 releases for pc

Orbital2060

I'm actually super hyped at a new gears campaign.

Just a strong 12 to 15 hour campaign of great shooting and awesome boss fights with Co op.

Hopefully we get 4 players again like gears 3
I was gonna say the same thing. A 12-15 hours rollercoaster ride like Gears 2. They already did that with Hivebusters but on a larger scale.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lets see how the writer handles the ending of Gears 5 going forward.

Picking up from there will be an absolute bitch.....just do another timeskip.

I wouldn't mind a reboot with evolve/reworked mechanics. GoW was a great series till 3 but it wouldn't be more than average by today's standards if they simply ship a new game without bringing it up a notch in polish, quality, and gameplay.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He made the “Mad World” trailer? I was listening to that song on my way to work today. Brought back some fond memories of playing this franchise back on 360.

Gears never disappoints imo but 2 was the one with pacing issues. I loved Judgement and the others after were still some of the best games.

I never played the tactics stuff tho.

You probably play as a fully armored guy who was “captured” by the Locust and you fight your way out of there the whole game. However the twist is that once you take off your helmet it turns out you’re a rogue Locust yourself and you were programmed by the human faction as a test. The test was successful.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think a gears 1 remake would be the best bet. Do it akin to ff7 remake and reboot the franchise with a new trilogy starring characters who don’t suck.

Developers are stubborn and will keep going down shit narrative paths they’ve written themselves into corners with.

It’s ok to just let the current gears timeline die with 5, and go from scratch.

Gears 5 movement. Gears 1 horror elements ranked way up, gears 1 map pool, some new maps for MP, horde mode, and some new mode.

I was thinking about it but Gears from Tarkov would be very fitting for their world. Dealing with locust at night and Kryll, trying to loot against other CoGs or Locust AI. I’d be on board.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I think a gears 1 remake would be the best bet. Do it akin to ff7 remake and reboot the franchise with a new trilogy starring characters who don’t suck.

Developers are stubborn and will keep going down shit narrative paths they’ve written themselves into corners with.

It’s ok to just let the current gears timeline die with 5, and go from scratch.

Gears 5 movement. Gears 1 horror elements ranked way up, gears 1 map pool, some new maps for MP, horde mode, and some new mode.

I was thinking about it but Gears from Tarkov would be very fitting for their world. Dealing with locust at night and Kryll, trying to loot against other CoGs or Locust AI. I’d be on board.

You'll get Gears Nite.

Top Bottom