• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce 7800GTX shipped for $491 @ Dell

Pimpwerx

Nice deal, although still grossly overpriced. I never rode the bleeding edge of graphics cards anyway. Personally, I'd either wait for the bottom to drop out of the 6800U's price and go SLI, or I'd wait for the R520, which could potentially best the G70. Jumping on the 7800GTX now seems rather shortsighted. Not a flame, just adding my thoughts, and giving you a bump. :) PEACE.

suaveric

I wonder if they really sell a lot of video cards at such high prices. Just for one of those you could buy a whole working PS3 or X360 (I assume). Seems like a lot to pay just for a component!

aerofx

That's a great deal but it is still quite expensive. I'm debating whether to get this at around 500 or the BFG 6800 Ultra OC 512MB one. The latter costs more.

yeah even though it is a good deal, its still expensive...

Anyone order one? I ordered mine and it says the ship date july 25 =/ Although it may just be because they haven't confirmed my CC info yet..

I jumped on a similar deal for an X800 XT last week through Dell. Now they tell me they're out of fucking cards, and it'll be at least another week before they ship mine.

aerofx

I'm looking to buy one and do a Softquadro mod for 3D modeling. It beats paying $1600 for a real QuadroFX 4400.

Sai

aerofx said:
Anybody got benchmarking info with the 7800 and 6800 512MB? It's probably close in performance right?
I've been hearing the 7800 outperforms the 6800 Ultra quite nicely, and consumes less power.

Barnimal

Banned
knowing that the ps3 and x360 will not only be here soon but outpower this card AND most likely both enjoy PC ports, both systems being closest to pcs consoles have ever been in the history of gaming....WHATS THE POINT??? pc gamers used to ague "resolution and framerate"...i think we'll finally see the death of that argument this upcoming gen so again...WHY??? $491!!!! thats a 360 and a revolution.

Barnimal said:
knowing that the ps3 and x360 will not only be here soon but outpower this card AND most likely both enjoy PC ports, both systems being closest to pcs consoles have ever been in the history of gaming....WHATS THE POINT??? pc gamers used to ague "resolution and framerate"...i think we'll finally see the death of that argument this upcoming gen so again...WHY??? $491!!!! thats a 360 and a revolution.

Why are you in this thread again?

Nos_G

I would get it... but then I have to buy other things for it... like a new mobo with pci-express and probably a new cpu to match it with.

In the end, I'll wait for the next refresh of videocards and check for price drops.

Offtopic, but is it worth it to upgrade my Athon64 3200+ (s754) for the same processor but with socket 939?

Nos_G said:
I would get it... but then I have to buy other things for it... like a new mobo with pci-express and probably a new cpu to match it with.

In the end, I'll wait for the next refresh of videocards and check for price drops.

Offtopic, but is it worth it to upgrade my Athon64 3200+ (s754) for the same processor but with socket 939?

Naw,

Just upgrade to 939 when you're ready for a new CPU

Top Bottom