• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce Now Will No Longer Support God of War Starting Next Month

Three

Weird. I assume this is because they have their own streaming service.

Are Microsoft games compatible with GeForce Now even though they have xCloud?
Nope. I thought they were too but both Bethesda and Activision pulled their games from it too.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...has also opted,be compatible with GeForce Now.

Welcome to the platform agnostic future. Where instead of paying for multiple subsidised console once every 5 yrs you pay $180xhow many subscriptions there are every year.

Last edited:
that doesn't answer my question. all GeForce now does is give you remote access to a normal gaming PC. there shouldn't be any permission needed from anyone

Permission is ALWAYS required. It isn't just giving you remote access to a normal gaming PC. It's giving you remote access, with access to dedicated hardware resources or servers, in order to assist with game streaming.

And they're also offering paid memberships. It would be VERY dangerous if permission was not required to do something like this meanwhile Sony, or Microsoft for example, possess their own service.

wVgtu1Y.png

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Right. It is a ps5 game. So I suppose you cannot stream it on pc. Maybe at some point?
God of War has been playable on PC via PSNow for a while. Once they switch over to the new PS+ Premium service on June 13th, PS5 games like Returnal will be streamable on PC. PSNow users subs are being converted into PS+ Premium
---
As for the subject of GeForce Now, I think it's more that they don't want to deal with lawsuits and, in a way, they are advertising those games as being on the service and installing them for you ahead of time. Since they are installing without license, instead of having the user install, it probably enters into a gray area where they are vulnerable legally. When the service initially launched, you could install whatever games you wanted, but there wasn't persistent storage, so you'd have to reinstall "unsupported"/non-preinstalled games each time.

skit_data

PS5 games like Returnal will be streamable on PC
Has this been confirmed anywhere? I know PS4 games will be streamable I haven’t read anything about PS5.

I’m just curious about it because that could explain why PS5 supply has been so weak in the last 6 months. They could’ve been using a lot of chips for streaming purposes.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
That answers my question. Thank you.
Has this been confirmed anywhere? I know PS4 games will be streamable I haven’t read anything about PS5.

I’m just curious about it because that could explain why PS5 supply has been so weak in the last 6 months. They could’ve been using a lot of chips for streaming purposes.
I was wrong. PS5 streaming is specifically excluded:
  • Please note streaming access for some titles, including classic games, will occur after launch for the PlayStation Premium plan. Streaming availability may also vary by title. Streaming is also not available for PS5 titles.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Banned
that'd be a pretty dumb and/or expensive move. most pc owners hate the idea of multiple stores/clients. it doesn't bother me but it wouldn't go down well for the majority. if it's not on Steam then it's not good enough (apparently). I use Epic way more than Steam these days but you still get people shitting on Epic. I suppose Sony has a bit more goodwill but Epic is throwing a shit fuck load of money to building their store. Sony must be prepared to do the same if they want to ditch Steam. Same goes for MS. They have their own store but that's not enough for some. No Steam = No buy. That's how it goes for PC.
The console makers put there games on Steam sue to the massive userbase. Microsoft originally wanted to only put games on the Microsoft store but its crap so they had to switch to Steam. PlayStation has a big enough brand to have it's own PC store/launcher but no need for Sony to invest in that when they sell pretty good on Steam.

Banned
They dont need to give permission to a company that is providing a service that allows Sony's IP to be streamed? 👀 Says who? Lol

you are literally simply using a PC they provide for you to play a game you already own.

other remote PC streaming services let you play every game in existence as long as it runs on modern Windows

Banned
Permission is ALWAYS required. It isn't just giving you remote access to a normal gaming PC. It's giving you remote access, with access to dedicated hardware resources or servers, in order to assist with game streaming.

And they're also offering paid memberships. It would be VERY dangerous if permission was not required to do something like this meanwhile Sony, or Microsoft for example, possess their own service.

wVgtu1Y.png

how can other steaming services exist that allow exactly that same thing but allow all games to be installed?

Top Bottom