• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce Powered Low Latency in God of War

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It’s okay but I kinda doubt 6 fans (1xPSU, 2xCase, 2xGPU,1xCPU) is truly quiet. Would be interesting to see DF make a noise comparison for silent PCs vs the consoles.
yeah. Nothing quiet about this. You won't run this fans at 700rpm... and anything above is already quite a lot louder than ps5.
I have 3 be quiet 140mm fans. Locked at 750rpm... anything above that was too much for me.
And smaller fans like 120mm, You will want to run faster. 3080fe is also loud as a jet.
Looks like a small hot box

DavidGzz

Cyberpowerpc, ibuypower, newegg’s house brand ABS. If I were going prebuilt i’d go with ABS which also provides extended warranty options and a decent return policy. Just try to aim for a build with good reviews and that lists most of the actual components. You don’t want a lottery build with unknown components.

Just don’t buy dell or Alienware. They use proprietary stuff that makes future upgrading either a nightmare or impossible.

Thanks!

Sentenza

$38 not bad
The first time (that I'm aware of) a source mentioned this port as one of the next coming from Sony was on Metacouncil in January 2021.

I'm in for the framerates above 60, GTAO, and SSDO.
Same here. I have a new 3080Ti and I'm not afraid to use it.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

It seems like that we are getting better pc ports from Sony than MS's own game ports (Halo infinite and Forza horizon 5)

Any game that doesn't support DLSS these days isn't on my list of games i want to buy anymore. So yea MS has been pretty bad lately.

Fredrik

True and certainly would be an interesting comparison, but its encouraging. I'm sure there's another YT channel that might have covered it or at least shown a build using a AIO cooler.

I'm starting to get tired having a huge ugly PC case taking up way too much space but I never considered SFF until recently. I'd imagine with an AIO cooler the noise would be quieter.

Have you considered using Steam Link?
Yeah I’ve been using Steam Link a lot. Either it has become worse with updates or my home network the last couple of years is too crowded, it was better when I first bought it. I get frame drops and decreased image quality now. Nvidia Shield doesn’t work either. Feels weird to say this but Stadia was better than both 😶

A silent Xbox Series X variant of a gaming PC with bluetooth for controllers would be absolutely awesome. I’ll keep looking for similar builds. Maybe there is something prebuilt somewhere. Feels so bad to have a capable PC but only feel like a fraction of all games released are played on it in a proper way. For the Xbox I have a Dolby Atmos home theater setup too. Plus the couch. For the PC I have 2 studio monitors. And a desk chair. Not ideal.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah I’ve been using Steam Link a lot. Either it has become worse with updates or my home network the last couple of years is too crowded, it was better when I first bought it. I get frame drops and decreased image quality now. Nvidia Shield doesn’t work either. Feels weird to say this but Stadia was better than both 😶

A silent Xbox Series X variant of a gaming PC with bluetooth for controllers would be absolutely awesome. I’ll keep looking for similar builds. Maybe there is something prebuilt somewhere. Feels so bad to have a capable PC but only feel like a fraction of all games released are played on it in a proper way. For the Xbox I have a Dolby Atmos home theater setup too. Plus the couch. For the PC I have 2 studio monitors. And a desk chair. Not ideal.
I have had my PCs hooked up to TVs going back to 2011 when i built my PC with a GTX 570. Games just look better on fancy tvs than they do on cheapish monitors. I even bought a 32 inch HDR monitor with 144 hz curved bs and the colors are just muted compared to my mid to high end TVs. Now I game on my 65 inch OLED and have never felt the need to go back to desk gaming.

BTW, I have a 2080 which is roughly equivalent to the XSX and trust me you dont want this. Cyberpunk is already too taxing and forced me to run at 30 fps at 1440p dlss with RT on. I suspect when the Matrix demo hits, I will be targeting 1080p 30 fps on this thing. You want a 3080 or better. At least 2x more power so you can at least run next gen games at 60 fps. Dont settle for less.

Top Bottom