• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gen Z Reacts to the Original Xbox

8BiTw0LF

Banned
H3dpijD.jpg

She's crying cause she can't control what other people think of her...

This is an advertisement for GenZ :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Xbox Live wasn't available when the Xbox launched. Halo didn't have it.
Xbox Live launch in 2002, hell I was playing SOCOM on PS2 in 2002
This makes it sound as if online gaming on consoles was a new thing that the previous 3 generations didn't have.

Kimahri

Banned
Xbox Live launch in 2002, hell I was playing SOCOM on PS2 in 2002
This makes it sound as if online gaming on consoles was a new thing that the previous 3 generations didn't have.
You played online on the SNES?

I mean I played online on PC long before this, but for consoles Xbox wad the maiden voyage. PS2 online was a horrible experience, lol.

Wildebeest

I mean I played online on PC long before this, but for consoles Xbox wad the maiden voyage. PS2 online was a horrible experience, lol.
Dreamcast was made for online, and Phantasy Star Online was sort of popular. But xbox was probably the first console made for always on broadband. It just didn't launch with it, and it is totally reasonable for a guy getting nostalgic about Halo to remember how it didn't have online play and the people he enjoyed playing it with were in the same room as him.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

I'm not sure what mean, SOCOM is still one of my best online experiences

Top Bottom