• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

genDESIGN Plans To Announce New Game in 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After over five years since the release of The Last Guardian, a new year's tease by director Fumito Ueda hints that the team is preparing to announce its next game.

On New Year's Eve, the genDESIGN Twitter account released a post seemingly written by Ueda himself which states "Happy new year. In 2022, I will do my best to make some new announcements" while also linking to job listings at genDESIGN and featuring art of a tiger to commemorate the new year.

Take the time you need if he makes another game like the last guardian.

ReBurn

Gold Member
They plan to announce a game?

Jenny Holzer Potential Counts For Nothing Until Its Realized GIF

Must be a slow news week over there at gamerant.

mortal

Gold Member
The art here looks very reminiscent of antiquated mythical zoological drawings. Very eager to see what this new title will look and play like.
Every single one of Ueda's games hold a special place in my heart. Dude is one of my favorite game designers in the industry.

FH8cjijVIAQjwww

Handel

Ueda is 3/3 creating masterpieces, his works make me excited about the potential of video games as a medium so I'll always be there day 1. Ico and SOTC both had rather normal development times, with TLG taking so long due to technical limitations requiring the move to more powerful hardware and being subject to waiting on Sony WWS to be free to help complete the game, so I don't think the wait this time will be nearly so long.

Last edited:
The art here looks very reminiscent of antiquated mythical zoological drawings. Very eager to see what this new title will look and play like.
Every single one of Ueda's games hold a special place in my heart. Dude is one of my favorite game designers in the industry.

FH8cjijVIAQjwww

That image appears to be from the same body of work used in the opening credits of The Last Guardian.

Elios83

Really looking forward to see their next game.
I loved all Ueda's games.
The Last Guardian was released in 2016 so after 6 years they should have something in an advanced stage of development to showcase...or at least I hope so.

Top Bottom