• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Yea the Jiraiya dream is dead. Itto got reduced to a mullet and Ayato has short hair.
I was hoping/expecting something more akin to

Sesshoumaru.652860.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
That fan concept on the left is actually really good.

I agree. I could totally see him as kind of character that could have a subtle tone and calm expression, but a sharp tongue in a way being opposite of what Ayaka is.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Honkai shot up tremendously in quality and free content since Genshin came out.
I don't think that's entirely accurate.
Everything in honkai just feels like a natural progression, and it seems the ball really started rolling in 2019.
We got the final lesson animation in feb, which is still one of the greatest their anime team has produced.
We got the first super flashy valkyrie in aug with HoR
We got the second super flashy valkyrie in nov with Stygian Nymph
We got a dedicated native PC client in dec, which also gave darkbolt jonin for free.

Then in 2020 we got a bunch of stuff, but most importantly, we got thunders over nagazora.
It marked pretty much everything how honkai was going forward:
Awesome story and sick character arc end/start
Fantastic music
Another one of their amazing animations
The boss fight format with all the dope cutscenes that they are still using today
Mei riding a fucking dragon.
We also got the game within a game APHO, and "free" Rosemary.

The 2021 content/updates have really just been following this "evolution" so to speak.

All this before Genshin released; dunno it always seemed to me that the Honkai team is either just better/more experienced, or just have more freedom to do cool shit. Though their update frequency is also 6 weeks instead of genshin's 4 weeks, so the team might also just simply have more time to work on this.

Pejo

I don't think that's entirely accurate.
Everything in honkai just feels like a natural progression, and it seems the ball really started rolling in 2019.
We got the final lesson animation in feb, which is still one of the greatest their anime team has produced.
We got a dedicated native PC client in dec, which also gave darkbolt jonin for free.

Then in 2020 we got a bunch of stuff, but most importantly, we got thunders over nagazora.
Fantastic music
The boss fight format with all the dope cutscenes that they are still using today

The 2021 content/updates have really just been following this "evolution" so to speak.

All this before Genshin released; dunno it always seemed to me that the Honkai team is either just better/more experienced, or just have more freedom to do cool shit. Though their update frequency is also 6 weeks instead of genshin's 4 weeks, so the team might also just simply have more time to work on this.
Fair points. I tried Honkai out when it released for NA a long time ago but hated the touchscreen controls, so I didn't really start playing until PC version dropped. So everything before that patch is just what I've seen/read about. I definitely feel like the more recent events, the collabs, etc are much higher quality than the Darkbolt Jonin event which we had that rerun of recently.

Playing a character like Mobius and playing a character like Sündenjäger feels like 2 different games though. Even new F2P characters like Elysia/Carole are just a lot more fun with varied kits than the base cast.

You could be right about it just being artistic freedom, but the lack of pressure for Honkai to be their bread and butter product is probably a direct cause of the freedom to try new stuff.

*edit*

I can't believe Ayato is Zura.

I love Katsura, but I'll never take Ayato seriously now.
I don't really follow seiyuus much if at all, but I found this regarding Ayato's VA.

s1id9dwhw8481.jpg

Who is Zura?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Fantastic music
Too bad is just a waifu game for degenerates.

Fuz

Banned
So, I did a multipull because I was bored and have C5 Noelle, C5 Rosaria and C2 Bennett and I would have liked an extra constellation for them.

Diona-%28Genshin-Impact%29-Genshin-Impact-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-jojo-reference-6302496.jpeg

BlackM1st

Banned
So, I did a multipull because I was bored and have C5 Noelle, C5 Rosaria and C2 Bennett and I would have liked an extra constellation for them.

Diona-%28Genshin-Impact%29-Genshin-Impact-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-jojo-reference-6302496.jpeg

19a09109d6db921dab4917bfa3caa634.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I was rewatching the end of the 2.3 special program because I forgot what's coming up next in the last half of 2.3 Looks like we have a few combat events, including Misty Dungeon. Provided they don't fuck it up by adding/removing what made it fun, Misty Dungeon was definitely one of my favorite combat events. Looks like we also have another one of those events where we raid the hilichurl camps and break those stones. I enjoyed both of those.

Still, other than an anemic storyline in Dragonspine, this sure felt like another filler patch. At least 2.4 has Enkanomiya.

*edit*

Who's buying Boo Tao btw?

2rfegcg8xg481.jpg

*edit 2*

Fan recreation of leaked Ayato design

WeqUzrk.png

Last edited:

Pejo

For fucks sake, I got a glitched daily quest today. It's the stupid "shoot at dummies" archer quest for the dude in the rebel camp. The 2nd layout of dummies is glitched and no matter what I do I can't hit the 2nd configuration since it automatically hits the one in front of it first. i can't even do meme trick shots like aim directly up in the sky and hope it hits it on the way back down because the box is too close.

Fucking MHY.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
For fucks sake, I got a glitched daily quest today. It's the stupid "shoot at dummies" archer quest for the dude in the rebel camp. The 2nd layout of dummies is glitched and no matter what I do I can't hit the 2nd configuration since it automatically hits the one in front of it first. i can't even do meme trick shots like aim directly up in the sky and hope it hits it on the way back down because the box is too close.

Fucking MHY.
Tried to restart the game?

Once I got this mission with a lighting constantly hitting at the spot from where you shoot lmao

Pejo

Tried to restart the game?

Once I got this mission with a lighting constantly hitting at the spot from where you shoot lmao
Yea even tried switching platforms from PS5 to mobile, still hits the one in front of it every time and auto fails. Guess I'll just take a video and submit it to MHY. No daily primogems for me!

Fake

Crowned too? I still have only crowned a single character (Tart). I need to farm some talent books for Eula.

Yep. Just without the cons. I'll save primos for his rerun. I just need his first cons. In fact, his first cons and his last cons are the most powerful.

Normal attack lvl 10
Elemental skill lvl 9
Elemental burst lvl 10

Fake

Genshin just won best mobile game at TGA. Don't really care 'bout that, but could this mean some free primos?

Probably. For the sake of rolls.

edit: 1.6k? Wow.

Only players that voted for GI in mobile GOTY will earn primo.
/j

Last edited:
Top Bottom