• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Mista

Banned
IS this considered bad?

U8IZlH9.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll be trying out the game this afternoon.

How is it? All I see in the videos are some waifus on Hyrule.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

mcz117chief

Sadly not. Already sent feedback about it for the PC version, because bright and static UI elements on my TV (plasma) are a no-go.
I think it is there in case of cheating or some other issues so they can find the person faster if their id is constantly on the screen. I have noticed this trend a lot lately, some kind of dev related info displayed on the screen at all times.

All my characters are level 20 now. Need the requirements to ascend

All 3 or 4, or all as in ALL? Because I've heard that if you try to level every character that you have, you'll eventually find it very hard to level your characters. Your favorite characters at level 20 might not be too bad, but you'll be spreading your resources too thin if you keep trying to ascend everyone.

Not sure if it's the best strategy, but I plan to work on two characters until I reach 20 with them, then ascend them, and basically have a third that is always one ascension level behind the main two. Maybe eventually hit 20 with the 4th, stop there, and mostly use them for setting up element reactions. If someone who played the beta knows of a more effective strategy, I'd be happy to hear it.

Mista

Banned
All 3 or 4, or all as in ALL? Because I've heard that if you try to level every character that you have, you'll eventually find it very hard to level your characters. Your favorite characters at level 20 might not be too bad, but you'll be spreading your resources too thin if you keep trying to ascend everyone.

Not sure if it's the best strategy, but I plan to work on two characters until I reach 20 with them, then ascend them, and basically have a third that is always one ascension level behind the main two. Maybe eventually hit 20 with the 4th, stop there, and mostly use them for setting up element reactions. If someone who played the beta knows of a more effective strategy, I'd be happy to hear it.
Just my main 4

sublimit

Banned
I played a bit today. Seems a bit overwhelming at first with all the menus and this is coming from someone who has decades of experience on JRPGs (and RPGs in general). I also wish we could use the d-pad for menu navigation.

But it's an incredibly beautiful game and i love the exploration. I'm looking forward to play more tonight.

They posted an update about the Anti-Cheat stuff
Dear Travelers,

We have received feedback from some players that when opening Genshin Impact on PC, the game's anti-cheat program will automatically run in the background, and that the anti-cheat program will continue to run after exiting or uninstalling the game.

We have looked into this issue and would like to clarify the following:

1. After closing the game, the anti-cheat program only reads system information; it does not process, save, or upload information in any way whatsover.

2. After closing the game, the anti-cheat program continues to run in order to prevent the use of certain external plug-ins that operate when the game is closed; this is to help protect the fairness of Genshin Impact for all players.

Thanks to the kind feedback of Travelers, we have realized that the default activation of this mechanism may have caused some privacy concerns for players. Therefore, we have decided to make modifications so that within the next 30 hours, the anti-cheat program will no longer run in the background after the game is closed nor after the game is uninstalled; furthermore, we will strengthen our anti-cheat mechanisms that operate while the game is running to better prevent the use of plug-ins and third-party software.

We highly respect the privacy of every single player, and we will strive to improve our internal processes and more carefully consider player feedback so that we may try to prevent this kind of situation from happening in the future.

Lastly, the Genshin Impact team and miHoYo promise that we would never wrongfully access or use the private information of players, nor would we ever act so as to harm the rights of players. Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for your help in maintaining a game experience that is fair and secure.
TL;DR: Within the next 30 hours, they'll be updating the anti-cheat so that it no longer runs after the game is closed

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Tried it for a while in PS4:

The game runs like shit honestly, and I think that made the gameplay feel worse for me.
Will try it on PC if they remove that anti-cheat nonsense.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm so fucking unlucky. I got an Ice two hand sword character. I like Keynia, so no need for another Ice character...I wish I could get a water character.

How do you send your characters on expedition when you're not playing?

Got no idea. Tried on beta and it never works.

Last edited:

Larxia

People talking about first roll etc, did you already purchased things or is there a way to have free rolls? Didn't do any yet.

Saber

Gold Member
People talking about first roll etc, did you already purchased things or is there a way to have free rolls? Didn't do any yet.

Is not free rows. No, this is a beginner wish set. Once you advance your first encounter with Jean, the Wish mechanics unlocks. You have to spend wish crystals, which can be made through pyrogems.

The controls on pc.. My brain cannot adjust to the B button being accept and A button being cancel. There's no way to change this in game options as far as I can tell.

Why. Who would make that a thing. This is messing with my enjoyment of the game far more than it should.

manfestival

This whole time I thought this game was another f2p mmo like the masses... so this is actually a f2p good quality single player? I may have to check it out after all.

John Day

Started to play this morning. Played just a bit but i’m loving the elemental stuff.

Damn my base PS4 and it’s stutter, gonna try moving the game to the internal HD and see if it helps.

But looks amazing still. These guys work magic.

Reactions: Isa

sublimit

Banned
Tried it for a while in PS4:

The game runs like shit honestly, and I think that made the gameplay feel worse for me.
Will try it on PC if they remove that anti-cheat nonsense.
So far other than some pop-in the game runs fine even with my original PS4.

Started to play this morning. Played just a bit but i’m loving the elemental stuff.

Damn my base PS4 and it’s stutter, gonna try moving the game to the internal HD and see if it helps.

But looks amazing still. These guys work magic.

No stuter on my original PS4 but i have the game installed in the internal HD.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just tried this out on mobile, I don't know how anyone would play this long term with just touch controls. I heard it doesn't even support bluetooth controllers. Looks nice though.

Last edited:

TeKtheSanE

The controls on pc.. My brain cannot adjust to the B button being accept and A button being cancel. There's no way to change this in game options as far as I can tell.

Why. Who would make that a thing. This is messing with my enjoyment of the game far more than it should.
Would imagine it is that way because of the O is X and X is O switch that happens in the east. But yeah, prolly should have an option for control config in pretty much any game today I think.

Top Bottom