• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
jsxlzcj9tx981.png

7m39z4qctx981.png
Aether.jpg

YukiOnna

If you haven't done the new archon interlude, I recommend it. Best quality voiced quest we've gotten since the first chapter of Inazuma, IMO, and lots of Shenhe waifu vibes. We also get enough ascension mats from it to get her to level 50 at least, since she's gated by boss drops from Enka.
Sweet will do. I've got time today so want to dive into it. Same with Enkanomiya, completely forgot in the rough news we have an entire new region.

Dregnel

so is zhongli and venti usless now? i'm tempted to come back because yae but it seems like my characters are useless against everything new now,
the new boss ignore shield, also the dogs and the new knight monsters coming lol what.

so honkai players:
Pejo Pejo

Fuz

Banned
so is zhongli and venti usless now? i'm tempted to come back because yae but it seems like my characters are useless against everything new now,
the new boss ignore shield, also the dogs and the new knight monsters coming lol what.
Wondering if it's still worth pulling for him, since those new Dark Souls monsters are so shitty in that regard...

so honkai players:
Pejo Pejo
Is that a better Lumine?

By the way, does the compass work in Enkanominculu?

Last edited:

Dregnel

Is that a better Lumine?
she looks like a grown lumine and she is also able to travel between worlds, they will reveal who she is in this patch i don't want to make any spoiler also a new S (5*) for free with events, free 5* in genshin when?

BlackM1st

Banned
And when I said that he lost his relevancy nobody listened.

Everyone was looking on stupid temporary Abyss seasons and totally ignored Signora's permanent fight mechanics and long term consequences haha

Get your healers ready everyone.

Japan Sunglasses GIF

Fuz

Banned
Man, that new Jade Chamber cutscene was
fire_1f525.png
So. Fucking. Good.
And the boss fight too was really cool. Wish they'll add itas a weekly boss like Stormpigeon.
mihoyo CAN do things properly when they want.
EDIT: Ning is a piece of shit for not telling her guests what she was about to do.

And when I said that he lost his relevancy nobody listened.

Everyone was looking on stupid temporary Abyss seasons and totally ignored Signora's permanent fight mechanics and long term consequences haha

Get your healers ready everyone.

Japan Sunglasses GIF
It's not just him. All GEO is fucked.

Last edited:

crumbs

I understand the need to move away from shields, but introducing enemies that require you to ignore multiple game play mechanics (shields, anemo cc) is disappointing.

The pattern in this game is pretty clear:

1. Geo isn't popular/necessary in during the early parts of the game.
2. Buff geo and continue to add enemies and bosses that are emphasize the need for shields.
3. Once players adjust, switch the mechanics away from shields to healers, which had become less necessary during geo shield supremacy.

I can see this cycle repeating with different elements/mechanics. Players will build up healers over the next couple of updates, then the devs will switch to needing dendro to deal new enemies and bosses. With Sumeru being the next region, this seems inevitable, so the question is what would follow dendro?

I understand the need to move away from shields, but introducing enemies that require you to ignore multiple game play mechanics (shields, anemo cc) is disappointing.

The pattern in this game is pretty clear:

1. Geo isn't popular/necessary in during the early parts of the game.
2. Buff geo and continue to add enemies and bosses that are emphasize the need for shields.
3. Once players adjust, switch the mechanics away from shields to healers, which had become less necessary during geo shield supremacy.

I can see this cycle repeating with different elements/mechanics. Players will build up healers over the next couple of updates, then the devs will switch to needing dendro to deal new enemies and bosses. With Sumeru being the next region, this seems inevitable, so the question is what would follow dendro?
You are absolutely correct. It is also worth mentioning though that many of the staple characters in this game (Xiangling, Bennett, Xinqiu) have remained the most powerful, and most used characters despite all these changes. Try as they might, MHY can't seem to get people to abandon these characters.

In addition you see players resist some of these changes. Catalyst users like Sucrose, Yanfei and Mona are turned into makeshift healers with the Prototype Amber weapon. At least people are trying to come up with interesting ideas to deal with the new situation.

MHY will keep changing the rules to push people to pull for new characters. It only makes sense, might even keep the gme fresh. As long as the amount of investment required isn't too bad, I don't necessarily see an issue with it. After dendro they might introduce new weapon types that will have great impact, that's my prediction.

BlackM1st

Banned
also a new S (5*) for free with events, free 5* in genshin when?
Hm... I mean it's probably gonna be someone from Standard banner. Out of all of them I would probably picked up Jean constellation.

But after such a strong design changes I wonder how CN players would react and how many of them would stop playing/ paying because of the severe censorship.

CN is a giant market for GI, so maybe MiHo will be forced to give players something to keep em playing. I doubt that 1200 gems is gonna fix anything.

Pejo

so honkai players:
Pejo Pejo
Zhongli will never be "useless". Even for the small handful of enemies that ignore shields, the shield itself still provides a 20% physical and elemental resistance shred, one of the highest in the game. Also if you farm the Milelith artifact set, he gives a pretty much constant attack boost, and his meteor offers great crowd control on a short cooldown with low energy requirements and is element neutral for anything not immune to Geo.

I don't really like Durandal, but the horse is pretty cool. Still sitting here patiently waiting for a Himeko suit.

How dare you.

*edit*

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
So it ended up being true after all. Also we get a free Rita battlesuit with Dea Anchora armor (lorewise). Should hit us for GL anniversary.

5uzhv781lz981.jpg

Also, looks like Genshin/Honkai collab part 2 is coming soon. They found records of PRI-Arm (think like ascended) weapon data for Keqing in this recent patch.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Zhongli will never be "useless". Even for the small handful of enemies that ignore shields, the shield itself still provides a 20% physical and elemental resistance shred, one of the highest in the game. Also if you farm the Milelith artifact set, he gives a pretty much constant attack boost, and his meteor offers great crowd control on a short cooldown with low energy requirements and is element neutral for anything not immune to Geo.

I don't really like Durandal, but the horse is pretty cool. Still sitting here patiently waiting for a Himeko suit.

How dare you.

*edit*

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
So it ended up being true after all.

5uzhv781lz981.jpg

Also, looks like Genshin/Honkai collab part 2 is coming soon. They found records of PRI-Arm (think like ascended) weapon data for Keqing in this recent patch.
the lizzards around the new map also ignore his shield right? i'm not sure, the problem when monster ignore a shield is not only the damage is the negative status like sucking your ER or bleed, cleanse seems to become meta in this game now, i see alot people pulling for kokomi after 2.5 because the abyss is full with those monsters now, they know what they're doing.

yeah at least her body belongs to kiana i still need to see the whole chapter

Last edited:

Pejo

the lizzards around the new map also ignore his shield right? i'm not sure, the problem when monster ignore a shield is not only the damage is the negative status like sucking your ER or bleed, cleanse seems to become meta in this game now, i see alot people pulling for kokomi after 2.5 because the abyss is full with those monsters now, they know what they're doing.

MHY: All you need to do is get your Zhongli to C6, then he becomes the healer!
excellent twin peaks GIF by HULU

*edit*

Genshin: Censors your whole game

Honkai: Here's the new shit
g0u5iecbm2a81.gif

ii6qzhtcm2a81.gif

1u7o0l5dm2a81.gif

This is so confusing. I mean it's the same company. Does CCP just not know that Honkai exists or something??

Last edited:

bargeparty

bruh I've pulled Ningguang like 10 times.

edit: I'm too much of a sucker, never had this much trouble getting a character before. Finally got on the last pull... too many gems....

need my waifus

Last edited:
This is so confusing. I mean it's the same company. Does CCP just not know that Honkai exists or something??
From what I understand Genshin has a lower age rating than Honkai. That's why it needs to be family-friendly. The new censorship happened to comply with the requirements for the age rating. I could be wrong though.

Pejo

From what I understand Genshin has a lower age rating than Honkai. That's why it needs to be family-friendly. The new censorship happened to comply with the requirements for the age rating. I could be wrong though.
Boy if that was the case, why the fuck wouldn't they just raise the age rating and not piss off 90% of their local playerbase? Children have no money to buy anything anyways, and in CN they're limited to 1 hour per day via that law that passed a few months ago.

BlackM1st

Banned
Boy if that was the case, why the fuck wouldn't they just raise the age rating and not piss off 90% of their local playerbase? Children have no money to buy anything anyways, and in CN they're limited to 1 hour per day via that law that passed a few months ago.
Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

Literally

Animated GIF

I don't know if they can just raise it after the fact. The game's already out and kids might be playing it due to the prior rating. I'm no expert on Chinese legislation, so who knows if the age rating even matters all that much, but that's the explanation I've seen for the difference between Honkai and Genshin.

Yea I don't buy the children thing. We've already read quite a bit from CN players themselves that say that this was likely caused by a feminist group within China, spamming the government with reports.
They're not necessarily exclusive to each other. Feminists could have reported those designs, and the CCP taking those reports seriously because Genshin is an all-ages games. The CCP comes off as rather incompetent in that case though. I personally think this is just something the CCP has been working on since MHY started collaborating with them a few months ago.

crumbs

I'd be more worried about kids developing bad spending habits from playing a gacha game than I would about them being traumatized from seeing a lady's belly button.

Last edited:

Pejo

is this true lmao (2.4 CN)
puhRZNT.png
shit they're going to be inverted in 3.4

I don't know if they can just raise it after the fact. The game's already out and kids might be playing it due to the prior rating. I'm no expert on Chinese legislation, so who knows if the age rating even matters all that much, but that's the explanation I've seen for the difference between Honkai and Genshin.

They're not necessarily exclusive to each other. Feminists could have reported those designs, and the CCP taking those reports seriously because Genshin is an all-ages games. The CCP comes off as rather incompetent in that case though. I personally think this is just something the CCP has been working on since MHY started collaborating with them a few months ago.
This is the same country that takes your kids away from you if you had more than the government allowed. I think they care much more about perception and direction of society than they do about a kid being exposed to stuff in a videogame.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
It's a trojan horse for china's values.

Reizo Ryuu

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
So it ended up being true after all. Also we get a free Rita battlesuit with Dea Anchora armor (lorewise). Should hit us for GL anniversary.

5uzhv781lz981.jpg
yeah it's still weird, unless mihoyo thinks puberty hits at 20....they look nothing alike.
The free s rank though, that's a mega win for me, I was deeply worried I was going to have to spend money after seeing her in the chapter.
Uhh they better PRI mitternachts waltz as well then, it would suck if they only keqing the PRI treatment just for being gacha (probably).

Pejo

yeah it's still weird, unless mihoyo thinks puberty hits at 20....they look nothing alike.
The free s rank though, that's a mega win for me, I was deeply worried I was going to have to spend money after seeing her in the chapter.

Uhh they better PRI mitternachts waltz as well then, it would suck if they only keqing the PRI treatment just for being gacha (probably).
They've really ramped up the S rank releases lately, they have to cut us a F2P break somewhere here. I'm guessing Keq will be F2P too.

Rita is going to be farmable like Elysia. Most of her shards are supposedly coming from ER 😥

crumbs

Yesterday, I believe I received one of the new commissions added in 2.4. I'll spoiler it just in case someone wants to be surprised in the future:

In Mondstadt, you have to give Goth a couple pieces of wood to repair his hotel that's been damaged by the Fatui. Afterwards, he asks you collect rent from Mona, but she isn't around to pay up.

I've never had this one before, so I'm assuming it's new.

Dregnel

They've really ramped up the S rank releases lately, they have to cut us a F2P break somewhere here. I'm guessing Keq will be F2P too.

Rita is going to be farmable like Elysia. Most of her shards are supposedly coming from ER 😥
i have never done elysian realm i always have enough material to buy because i am lv 81, you get alot when you are between agony 2- lotus, also in the next patch Elysian realm is nerfed very hard anyone with f2p gear can clear it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yesterday, I believe I received one of the new commissions added in 2.4.
Never had it before, but I setup comissions to be only in Inazuma since its release, so I can't say if it's new or not. Sounds ok tho. Inazuma's comissions are weird. Never moved on with the kimono 👘 one and I that writer/publisher comission... Ugh.

crumbs

Never had it before, but I setup comissions to be only in Inazuma since its release, so I can't say if it's new or not. Sounds ok tho. Inazuma's comissions are weird. Never moved on with the kimono 👘 one and I that writer/publisher comission... Ugh.
Yeah, I set mine to Mondstadt once we had the option as I hoped that it would increase the chances of clearing some of the achievement ones. So far I've able to finish the Tsarevich errands achievement and I saw another instance of the Winds of Winter commission, but I still haven't seen the "cure the coughing girl" commission string or any other instances of the Godwin & Glory commission.

I may switch mine to Inazuma for change of pace.

Pejo

i have never done elysian realm i always have enough material to buy because i am lv 81, you get alot when you are between agony 2- lotus, also in the next patch Elysian realm is nerfed very hard anyone with f2p gear can clear it.
I've been able to beat up to 120 with my pimped out Elysia in ER, and I can trash the hardest difficulty with Mobius, but the rest i'm getting my ass whooped. I really wanted to buy those HoR coins but I can't beat Real 60 with her to save my damn life. Super glad it's getting nerfed.

So I forgot that the Sakura tree was uncapped this patch, got my level 50 instantly and got the furniture.....and of course it takes up like ridiculous amounts of furniture load, so I had to get rid of my beach pond and snowmen just to fit it in. It's ok, does a little sunshine and a cat meow when you touch it.

Also, the leaked inventories of the sigil shop in Inazuma was a bit off, there's actually a few furniture blueprints in there in addition to mora/green tier materials. The samurai sword stand is in there, need that for my weeb bedroom. They also finally made a tanuki statue available, but no huge balls.

BlackM1st

Banned
I've been able to beat up to 120 with my pimped out Elysia in ER, and I can trash the hardest difficulty with Mobius, but the rest i'm getting my ass whooped. I really wanted to buy those HoR coins but I can't beat Real 60 with her to save my damn life. Super glad it's getting nerfed.

So I forgot that the Sakura tree was uncapped this patch, got my level 50 instantly and got the furniture.....and of course it takes up like ridiculous amounts of furniture load, so I had to get rid of my beach pond and snowmen just to fit it in. It's ok, does a little sunshine and a cat meow when you touch it.

Also, the leaked inventories of the sigil shop in Inazuma was a bit off, there's actually a few furniture blueprints in there in addition to mora/green tier materials. The samurai sword stand is in there, need that for my weeb bedroom. They also finally made a tanuki statue available, but no huge balls.
So, for the MAX level, do you need to explore all of the islands to 100% or Enka adds to it too? I kinda planning on keeping my Rain and Silent Hill islands intact.

Pejo

So, for the MAX level, do you need to explore all of the islands to 100% or Enka adds to it too? I kinda planning on keeping my Rain and Silent Hill islands intact.
I had enough just from the islands, but yes Enka gives sigils from all but the 'garbage' chests (the broken grey ones).

BlackM1st

Banned
I had enough just from the islands, but yes Enka gives sigils from all but the 'garbage' chests (the broken grey ones).
I hope Enka, Kokomiland and thunderbird island will give me enough points then. I 100% first 2 Inazuma islands already.

Fake

Yesterday, I believe I received one of the new commissions added in 2.4. I'll spoiler it just in case someone wants to be surprised in the future:

In Mondstadt, you have to give Goth a couple pieces of wood to repair his hotel that's been damaged by the Fatui. Afterwards, he asks you collect rent from Mona, but she isn't around to pay up.

I've never had this one before, so I'm assuming it's new.

Maybe is Mona hangout related

Pejo

I hope Enka, Kokomiland and thunderbird island will give me enough points then. I 100% first 2 Inazuma islands already.
You probably already know this, but 100% on the map doesn't mean actual 100%. I still don't know what that map metric actually means. The misty island (Tsurumi) has lots of unmarked follow up quests with ghosts after you resolve the main quest there.

Maybe is Mona hangout related
Maybe it's a quest to go buy some diapers for her new CCP approved outfit.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The misty island (Tsurumi) has lots of unmarked follow up quests with ghosts after you resolve the main quest there
I want it to stay in fog forever, so I ain't touching it yet, I only unlocked some fast travel points.

Will read the walkthrough to keep it that way and not lift the curse accidentally.

Stay put you misty bastards, you aren't ascending any time soon...

mortal kombat pointing GIF

Pejo

I want it to stay in fog forever, so I ain't touching it yet, I only unlocked some fast travel points.

Will read the walkthrough to keep it that way and not lift the curse accidentally.

I can give you the TLDR - Don't do the Tsurumi island world quest and don't light too many of the electro totems. Nothing else clears the fog.

*edit*

By totems, I mean these things, not the usual puzzle totems:

Genshin-Impact-Tsurumi-Island-mist-lantern-.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

Can you even use those fast travel points when the fog is present? I do like the music and atmosphere on the island, at least it's still gloomy when the fog is lifted.

Last edited:

Pejo

Can you even use those fast travel points when the fog is up? I do like the music and atmosphere on the island, at least it's still gloomy when the fog is lifted.
I thought they handled Tsurumi's changes really well.

The time resets were a major "whoah" moment for me, thought that was really cool. Then after you lift the fog, you see all the "people" you were talking to who actually became ghosts and still linger around the island, but only at night. Even though I do kinda miss the fog, I think that was a nice touch to let the island retain its surreal/spooky feel while also opening it up for proper exploration.

BlackM1st

Banned
Can you even use those fast travel points when the fog is present? I do like the music and atmosphere on the island, at least it's still gloomy when the fog is lifted.
You can, you kinda forced to clear some fog regardless, because if you will not activate quick travel pointsand and clear it you will be forcibly kicked from the VERY thick fog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom