• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Leaked weapon:

New catalyst, fits Kokomi visually. In terms of stats it could work..? I guess they don't want to make it too similar to her BiS. There's rumors of a Kokomi rerun in 2.5 or 2.6 too.

I keep putting this stuff in spoilers but I'm not sure anyone here actually cares about that.

BlackM1st

Banned
0rl12JA.jpg

Sad.

She's hilarious, way cooler than Hu Tao and her fake edge. She's a Xiao like edgelord, but clueless. Absolute beast lol

Her being an off screen support makes 0 sense. Literally a killing machine built for... support?

She should be a fem Xiao, main DD. Selfish DD too, as she pretty much could always count only on herself.

BlackM1st

Banned
Leaked weapon:

New catalyst, fits Kokomi visually. In terms of stats it could work..? I guess they don't want to make it too similar to her BiS. There's rumors of a Kokomi rerun in 2.5 or 2.6 too.

I keep putting this stuff in spoilers but I'm not sure anyone here actually cares about that.
Nobody cares.
At least nobody important.

Post all in the open like all the kewl kids
(me)
do!

Catalyst works on Kokomi. But can also work on Yae with her triple towers.

She's hilarious, way cooler than Hu Tao and her fake edge. She's a Xiao like edgelord, but clueless. Absolute beast lol

Her being an off screen support makes 0 sense. Literally a killing machine built for... support?

She should be a fem Xiao, main DD. Selfish DD too, as she pretty much could always count only on herself.
If only, huh. MHY comes up with decent stuff, but then they drop the ball with the execution. "We've got a girl who's carrying a curse inside of her, she summons spirits and she needs to suppress her emotions with some magic rope. I know, let's make her a support!"

Her kit could've been more like Shogun's, then she could support normally and unleash the beast with her burst. Heck, Shenhe's current kit would've made more sense for Kokomi. She increases damage for her team and lowers enemy resistances. That's more in line with what I expect from a master tactician than healing. Oh well.

Pejo

0rl12JA.jpg

Sad.

Yep, she doesn't even feel good to play despite her numbers also not being great. Really bummed out about her. I guess Ayaka mains are happy with their buffs, but eh. This is the one time I agree with you that she should have been a hypercarry character.

My original wish was that she was Hydro polearm so I could use her in a permafreeze team. Hydro continues to be the redheaded stepchild of the game though.
Leaked weapon:

I use spoilers when it's story related stuff or surprises, but I quit using them when it's just stats/weapons/character info. Nobody in this thread is that much of a spoiler whiner to get extreme about it, so it's been a good rule of thumb.

That new catalyst screams "free event reward". Good overall but not best for anybody currently in the game.
If only, huh. MHY comes up with decent stuff, but then they drop the ball with the execution. "We've got a girl who's carrying a curse inside of her, she summons spirits and she needs to suppress her emotions with some magic rope. I know, let's make her a support!"

Her kit could've been more like Shogun's, then she could support normally and unleash the beast with her burst. Heck, Shenhe's current kit would've made more sense for Kokomi. She increases damage for her team and lowers enemy resistances. That's more in line with what I expect from a master tactician than healing. Oh well.
My surprise was that on paper before release, she looked like she was just a straight upgrade to Rosaria in every way, but she's worse in every way except specifically cryo buffing, on top of being less fun to actively play. They really did a disservice in relation to lore to her kit, more than with most characters. Also, long cooldowns = less fun. They should really get that through their heads.

I use spoilers when it's story related stuff or surprises, but I quit using them when it's just stats/weapons/character info. Nobody in this thread is that much of a spoiler whiner to get extreme about it, so it's been a good rule of thumb.
Yeah, that makes sense. I think I'll do that from now on as well.

That new catalyst screams "free event reward". Good overall but not best for anybody currently in the game.
I guess they were really desperate to buff Albedo then, huh? Maybe they'll give Shenhe an event spear and artifacts set in half a year too!

They really did a disservice in relation to lore to her kit, more than with most characters.
I was hoping to find out what that talisman spirit actually is in her quest. I saw some fan art where it seemed to have a personality. I thought that was a pretty neat idea, somewhat similar to Fischl's Oz. Instead it's ignored entirely, despite being one of the coolest things about her.

Pejo

Yeah, that makes sense. I think I'll do that from now on as well.

I guess they were really desperate to buff Albedo then, huh? Maybe they'll give Shenhe an event spear and artifacts set in half a year too!

I was hoping to find out what that talisman spirit actually is in her quest. I saw some fan art where it seemed to have a personality. I thought that was a pretty neat idea, somewhat similar to Fischl's Oz. Instead it's ignored entirely, despite being one of the coolest things about her.
I thought it was weird that the trailer brought up the fact that she's Chongus' uncle, and it's easy to see that since he's pure "yang" energy (demons and spirits avoid him), she's likely pure "yin", since she attracts demons and trouble. Then they just ignored the fuck out of it. But yea, I thought her icy double was going to be a character or at least a "pet" type thing, but nope. The quest was still good but just not what I expected.
Pejo Pejo
stream starts ~80 minutes from now:

Shit I didn't know that was tonight. I'm glad Rita is the free 5.5 valk, so I can try to get Bronya. I still have a Wei's black card that I've been hanging on to forever, so that's her weapon too if I like her playstyle. Looks like 5.5 will line up pretty well with our Anni, so I don't expect a lot of surprises tonight, but I still give them a watch.

crumbs

Please no, I hate Baizhu. I die inside a bit every time he shows up in the game.

The biggest question on literally every GI players' mind following the censorship controversy: Will Baizhu get to keep his belly button when he finally releases?

His design cracks me up: he's wearing so many "fabulous" accessories, but then it looks like he's wearing capri sweatpants.

Pejo

Didn't watch it but

I ain't watchin that shit. Going in blind. Bet it's cool though.

Also.... bad news Yae brethren.

oy4b1xnbe6a81.png

Bad news, she doesn't beat Fischl by nearly any metric other than Burst splash damage. No snapshot is such a headscratcher. For a mechanic that was in the game since launch, it's confusing why they stopped using it since like halfway through Liyue.

YukiOnna

oy4b1xnbe6a81.png

Bad news, she doesn't beat Fischl by nearly any metric other than Burst splash damage. No snapshot is such a headscratcher. For a mechanic that was in the game since launch, it's confusing why they stopped using it since like halfway through Liyue.
Do they know what a 5 star is?

Pejo

Do they know what a 5 star is?
Starting to wonder that myself. Pretty much every 5* since Shogun has been disappointing in one way or another. They seem overly cautious of balance in a game with literally zero PVP and only one endgame mode.

I always think about it this way too - we're probably the outliers to this stuff. The people that look at numbers and kits and how to squeeze the most out of character. As BlackM1st BlackM1st mentioned you have people with no artifacts, no talents leveled, just doing their own thing. So character balance literally means nothing to them. They probably don't even know that Kokomi has negative crit rate, or that shogun scales off of ER. So why cater to the most extreme of the hardcore that would cry if a new DPS was even mildly more powerful than a launch unit?

I've played gachas that have had off the charts level of powercreep (Fire Emblem Heroes), and I've played games that take a lot of consideration to balance (Epic 7), and I can tell you that neither of those two extremes are fun. They should just make characters that are fun to play and not try to pigeon hole them into specific setups like they've been doing for all of Inazuma. Let the people have some god damn fun. I don't want to run a triple Electro team just to get the most out of Yae.

YukiOnna

Starting to wonder that myself. Pretty much every 5* since Shogun has been disappointing in one way or another. They seem overly cautious of balance in a game with literally zero PVP and only one endgame mode.

I always think about it this way too - we're probably the outliers to this stuff. The people that look at numbers and kits and how to squeeze the most out of character. As BlackM1st BlackM1st mentioned you have people with no artifacts, no talents leveled, just doing their own thing. So character balance literally means nothing to them. They probably don't even know that Kokomi has negative crit rate, or that shogun scales off of ER. So why cater to the most extreme of the hardcore that would cry if a new DPS was even mildly more powerful than a launch unit?

I've played gachas that have had off the charts level of powercreep (Fire Emblem Heroes), and I've played games that take a lot of consideration to balance (Epic 7), and I can tell you that neither of those two extremes are fun. They should just make characters that are fun to play and not try to pigeon hole them into specific setups like they've been doing for all of Inazuma. Let the people have some god damn fun. I don't want to run a triple Electro team just to get the most out of Yae.
With them having the character data, they might have noticed they can just phone it in unless it's an Archon. Otherwise it feels weird where they don't have an understanding of their own games balance and mechanics and we end up with awful characters like Shenhe which becomes an unfortunate gap between the story.

I feel you on the FEH one. It's what turned me off from it.

Pejo

With them having the character data, they might have noticed they can just phone it in unless it's an Archon. Otherwise it feels weird where they don't have an understanding of their own games balance and mechanics and we end up with awful characters like Shenhe which becomes an unfortunate gap between the story.

I feel you on the FEH one. It's what turned me off from it.
It's not even individual character strength that bothers me so much since I mostly ignore meta anyways, it's the fact that the characters are getting so specific in their uses. Part of the fun for me originally was building weird teams that focus on different things or that work in nearly any scenario. Now with characters like Shenhe and Sara and Gorou, you can't even just plop them into a team and see what they can do, because they each have one specific purpose.

Then you have characters like Xiangling that can fit and work well in nearly any god damn team comp in the game, and then there's Bennett/Waterboi/Zhongli/Kaz which are nearly universally best in slot. That's what we need more of, just good characters that fit wherever, so if you like them you can actually use them without gimping yourself hard or being forced to roll for other characters/weapons just to make them work.

YukiOnna

It's not even individual character strength that bothers me so much since I mostly ignore meta anyways, it's the fact that the characters are getting so specific in their uses. Part of the fun for me originally was building weird teams that focus on different things or that work in nearly any scenario. Now with characters like Shenhe and Sara and Gorou, you can't even just plop them into a team and see what they can do, because they each have one specific purpose.

Then you have characters like Xiangling that can fit and work well in nearly any god damn team comp in the game, and then there's Bennett/Waterboi/Zhongli/Kaz which are nearly universally best in slot. That's what we need more of, just good characters that fit wherever, so if you like them you can actually use them without gimping yourself hard or being forced to roll for other characters/weapons just to make them work.
Yeah I'm of the same thing. Maybe I don't have a say since I largely ignore Abyss, but having general characters that can screw around with and bring out some neat reactions seemed like the entire point of the core gameplay, but it's just drifted away from that with specialization after specialization and questionable moves such as 12 second cooldown skills or negative crits, which later need new artifact sets.

Pejo

Yeah I'm of the same thing. Maybe I don't have a say since I largely ignore Abyss, but having general characters that can screw around with and bring out some neat reactions seemed like the entire point of the core gameplay, but it's just drifted away from that with specialization after specialization and questionable moves such as 12 second cooldown skills or negative crits, which later need new artifact sets.
Yea this kind of thing needs to fuck right off. Why shouldn't we be able to build crit Kokomi? Just such a random limitation, and their banner apparently suffered for it. I'm curious to see what the Shenhe banner does. I don't think I've heard a single person rolling for Xiao, so there's a good chance it could be another bomba with Ganyu/Zhongli lying in wait.

This news makes me happy.
wis46il1t5a81.jpg

Also, here's some actual proof(?) of the CN feminists that are fucking around with Genshin.
rqR9CI3.jpg

YukiOnna

Yea this kind of thing needs to fuck right off. Why shouldn't we be able to build crit Kokomi? Just such a random limitation, and their banner apparently suffered for it. I'm curious to see what the Shenhe banner does. I don't think I've heard a single person rolling for Xiao, so there's a good chance it could be another bomba with Ganyu/Zhongli lying in wait.

This news makes me happy.
wis46il1t5a81.jpg

Also, here's some actual proof(?) of the CN feminists that are fucking around with Genshin.
rqR9CI3.jpg
Itto bombed hard in Japan, but Shenhe is tracking pretty good so far. Let's see if her run has any legs and whether Ganyu/Zhongli surpass it.

I don't know if the reports are why but it's sad and gross people have so much time in their life to do this crap.

BlackM1st

Banned

oy4b1xnbe6a81.png

Trash.

Problem with C6 Electric Raven is that nobody has it haha

Fischl was only on 4 banners in total and she wasn't on a banner for 11 banners already

Ladioss

We are reaching western feminists level of toxicity, hilarious. I fear they are coming for Eula's mini-skirt next :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Playing through Enkanomiya at the moment, huge R'lyeh x From software vibes. Thanks MHY for improving with each new released region.

crumbs

Trash.

Problem with C6 Electric Raven is that nobody has it haha

Fischl was only on 4 banners in total and she wasn't on a banner for 11 banners already
She was my first C6 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Fischl constellations is a good test of when you started to play GI. She was on the first Venti banner, plus you got her for free during the 1.1 meteor event. I think she was also on Albedo's first banner and Childe's spring rerun, but she's been pretty limited since then.

BlackM1st

Banned

Fischl constellations is a good test of when you started to play GI. She was on the first Venti banner, plus you got her for free during the 1.1 meteor event. I think she was also on Albedo's first banner and Childe's spring rerun, but she's been pretty limited since then.
4 banners in total including Venti's 1.0, yeah

Got her C0 for free during the meteorite event

I've been playing since the first week and she's only at C1. Like BlackM1st BlackM1st I got her initially from the event. They just kept putting her on shitty banners. The last time she was on, was for Klee's rerun too. Hardly a popular banner.

Some theories about her absence going around have to do with Oz's CN voice actor who (ab)used his role to get girls. He's currently being replaced with another VA. Fischl might be "promoted" again when that's all wrapped up. I can sense it now, she'll finally reappear again on Ayato's banner, another easy skip for me, another missed opportunity to get Fischl cons.

Fake

The only thing I hate about Fish is her ult. I find very impratical. I would expect a totally invulnerability in the process.

Pejo

Yea she was my first C6 as well. When I was doing my rerolling accounts for 5*s, I had her at C1 before even "starting" the game. She definitely got me through a lot of mid-game content paired with my Tart. I still go back and do the "taser" team now and again with Tart/Fischl/Beidou/Jean. It's good fun in the right situations and there are SFX fucking everywhere at all times.

The only thing I hate about Fish is her ult. I find very impratical. I would expect a totally invulnerability in the process.
I don't remember which constellation it is, but one of them gives her HP back after she uses her Burst, so it becomes a non-issue. The whole point of her Burst is just to keep Oz on the field at all times anyways.

*edit*

ctqzlRhvwCm6mYnKLvrGU6Z4IZwrWgATNvS6fh5ScBA.jpg

So it looks like they want you to use her off field like the last 20 Electro characters....

Why are they so afraid of an electro main DPS that isn't Lisa or Keq?

Last edited:

Dregnel

Yea she was my first C6 as well. When I was doing my rerolling accounts for 5*s, I had her at C1 before even "starting" the game. She definitely got me through a lot of mid-game content paired with my Tart. I still go back and do the "taser" team now and again with Tart/Fischl/Beidou/Jean. It's good fun in the right situations and there are SFX fucking everywhere at all times.

I don't remember which constellation it is, but one of them gives her HP back after she uses her Burst, so it becomes a non-issue. The whole point of her Burst is just to keep Oz on the field at all times anyways.

*edit*

ctqzlRhvwCm6mYnKLvrGU6Z4IZwrWgATNvS6fh5ScBA.jpg

So it looks like they want you to use her off field like the last 20 Electro characters....

Why are they so afraid of an electro main DPS that isn't Lisa or Keq?
and lisa has stronger auto attacks, bruh.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm on 50/50 and 50 wishes deep already, so one way or another I'm gonna get my 5☆ on her banner.

Not sure if it's gonna be her tho. Probably will not have enough wishes to go for guarantee pulls and definitely doesn't want to go premium for her, let alone her weapon. C.dmg is sweet ofc...But...

Damn, she's so underwhelming and I already have 2 5☆ mage weapons.

Dregnel

i think i understand what they are trying to do after watching serveral leaks.
1-she has a passive where she has better cooldown with her E when someone in the team is using elemental skill so raiden can fix this
2-she has energy problem with her ulti, so raiden again can maybe fix this.

They are creating a character that needs another to sell it even more, shogun will also have a rerun with her.

I’m one of those that don’t really play mobile games seriously but I tried Genshin this week and I find it very entertaining.

Does anybody know If I can still get Alloy if I put it on my ps5?

Pejo

I really wish that MHY wasn't allergic to balance patches. I think they should have seen enough data by now to know what works, what doesn't, which characters are underutilized, which ones are too strong etc. Things like Xinyan still not receiving anything to help her kit despite being near .1% usage by the playerbase should say enough.

I’m one of those that don’t really play mobile games seriously but I tried Genshin this week and I find it very entertaining.

She should be out for all players by this point regardless of platform. You have to get your AR (adventurer rank) 20 for her to appear in your mail though.

*edit*

I guess she was only available until November 24th, 2021 according to this article:

I'm sure they'll do another campaign with her in the future. You're not missing much, she wasn't very good, but I understand free is free.

I don't know man, I heard it involves some kind of super awesome Elixir from Liyue. Liyue! I'm personally stoked about this revelation. Can't wait to learn more about Liyue! Y'know, Genshin has a lot of problems, but they get some leeway when it comes to Liyue from me!
HOLY FUCK DID YOU SAY LIYUE??!??!

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

Fake

It was rumored, but then people liked Shogun enough so they apparently just said "eh, good enough". They slightly buffed Electro reactions in 2.0 (I think it was).

Poor Lisa. Is a matter of time they remove her electro boobs.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

I've been playing since the first week and she's only at C1. Like BlackM1st BlackM1st I got her initially from the event. They just kept putting her on shitty banners. The last time she was on, was for Klee's rerun too. Hardly a popular banner.

Interesting, I guess I pulled more on the Albedo & 2nd Childe banners to get some of the other featured 4 stars and ended up with a lot of Fischl cons. Some weird gacha luck involved, the reverse for me is that I never pulled Beidou even though I've spent wishes on banners that featured her.

This was also my experience. She was fixture for on several of my teams from launch through Feb 2021. I still like her kit, especially at C6, but sometimes you just get tired of using the same characters.
I'm on PC, I stopped playing the game from Aug through the launch of v2.3 (November 24), I did not have any in-game mail for Aloy. Apparently the mail disappears and she stopped being available after v2.2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom