• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Hell yea, finally caught the purple electro fish for the teapot. It was the last one I needed and I've been looking for him solid for over a month now.

SSfox

Legit leakers already confirmed no new 5* in 2.8 since a while
PEwMXMy.jpg

Also if there was any new 5* in 2.8 it would already had its drip marketing along Heizou by Hoyo
kr6KO7Y.png

Kazuha is going to use his suction skill on everyone's horded primos right before the new region and element release.
I'm holding strong by myself I guess.

It's real funny that exactly the three characters heavily featured in the Inazuma festival are going to be in the 2.8 update as well. One could say they were hyping them up in advance, but it just comes off as lazy. It only adds to the frustration about the erratic rerun schedule.

Fake

Most of the 5* anemo are super useful for transversal the new area.

Only the traveler don't have effect tool to do it, but still have two skills of suction. Xiao is not bad as well, I use his skill and burst for exploration.

Kazuha probably the top of the anemo pyramid.

Saber

Gold Member
Kazuha is going to use his suction skill on everyone's horded primos right before the new region and element release.

Yeah unless they create ultra mega waifus with drop jaw Dendro skills, everyone pretty much gonna spend everything they got on Kazuha.

Fake

Hopefully they're gonna impress with Sumeru characters, maybe some with that kind of vibes :

2165483-t6zafinaprologue02.png

5552ceac81d18e4987f154faf4da76ea.jpg

I have a personal wish that they add a character that can run in wall like POP, it could even be Cyno, that would be insta pull
kr6KO7Y.png

We can only dream, but I almost sure those previous censorship will affect future character designs moving foward.

Pejo

Hopefully they're gonna impress with Sumeru characters, maybe some with that kind of vibes :

2165483-t6zafinaprologue02.png

I have a personal wish that they add a character that can run in wall like POP, it could even be Cyno, that would be insta pull
Ha! Cleavage or bare thighs? In Genshin? Never again. Although, veils on women are my jam. I certainly hope we get some of those. I could see something like this design making it in, complete with the piece of fabric hiding the cleavage.
RFM3kFM.jpg

Also Fuz Fuz , here you go, I know you're excited about this character to go along with your Gorou.
ie8kwncpn1191.jpg

an4nkg8t8zz81.png

That's revenge for all those Gorou pics you sadistic bastard. Reddit is all over this little guy.

SSfox

Ha! Cleavage or bare thighs? In Genshin? Never again. Although, veils on women are my jam. I certainly hope we get some of those. I could see something like this design making it in, complete with the piece of fabric hiding the cleavage.
RFM3kFM.jpg
I mean we just got this:

Character_Kuki_Shinobu_Portrait.png

So who knows. But as long as the design and gameplay looks great.

Fuz

Banned
RFM3kFM.jpg

Also Fuz Fuz , here you go, I know you're excited about this character to go along with your Gorou.
ie8kwncpn1191.jpg

an4nkg8t8zz81.png

That's revenge for all those Gorou pics you sadistic bastard. Reddit is all over this little guy.
the-internet-was-a-mistake-pixel.gif

Asher17

Neo Member
These separate map areas may end up becoming optional downloads in the future, as a way to keep file size to a minimum. They probably don't want the main map area to get any bigger than it has to be.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Crimsondusk

RFM3kFM.jpg

ie8kwncpn1191.jpg

an4nkg8t8zz81.png

Honestly all I was from Sumeru, is just 1 character with genie pants.
puYzxwm.jpg
you can at least do 1 mihoyo. I mean look at Yanfei.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like we're in for some weird story for Archipelago this time.

3oqm6kkie5191.png

Wonder if we're going to hear about Venti getting mad/actually using his powers. I get the sneaking suspicion that he's way way stronger than he's let on so far.

Pejo

Well to be honest, we haven't ever actually seen any of the archons do a damn thing that's actually impressive. We've heard stories of what they can do and we've seen the world changed/shaped by them, but nobody's done really much of anything. Makes me wonder if even with their gnosis, they aren't that powerful in modern day Teyvat.

*edit*

8zldf0rg58191.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

Well to be honest, we haven't ever actually seen any of the archons do a damn thing that's actually impressive. We've heard stories of what they can do and we've seen the world changed/shaped by them, but nobody's done really much of anything. Makes me wonder if even with their gnosis, they aren't that powerful in modern day Teyvat.
Hard to say since Venti never really attempts to put up a fight in that scene with Signora, but there's probably a story reason for that. Zhongli hasn't done much to show off so far, so that supports your point.

Ei had already given up her gnosis prior to us arriving in Inzamua, but still had the power to maintain the thunderstorm barrier around Inazuma. The issue is that we never really see or experience this storm barrier, we're only told about via text so it doesn't seem as impressive.

Pejo

Hard to say since Venti never really attempts to put up a fight in that scene with Signora, but there's probably a story reason for that. Zhongli hasn't done much to show off so far, so that supports your point.

Ei had already given up her gnosis prior to us arriving in Inzamua, but still had the power to maintain the thunderstorm barrier around Inazuma. The issue is that we never really see or experience this storm barrier, we're only told about via text so it doesn't seem as impressive.
Well in her case, that was the Shogun doing all the heavy lifting. When we saw Ei fight, she barely could take down those ghost samurai. Kinda pathetically weak tbh. I know that Shogun was fighting control of her body away from her at the time, but still.

I want to see at least one of them do something awesome like split the land in two or bring down a giant earth spear or flip a mountain. The fact that we haven't even seen them do anything even remotely powerful makes me question their current abilities to begin with. There's a theory circulating that Celestia is already dead/corrupted, but the archons are preventing the masses from knowing this for some reason. It also explains why none of them care about the Gnosis anymore if they're devoid of power. Could also explain why the tsarista is trying to collect them, to do something with them maybe? power them up?

crumbs

Well in her case, that was the Shogun doing all the heavy lifting. When we saw Ei fight, she barely could take down those ghost samurai. Kinda pathetically weak tbh. I know that Shogun was fighting control of her body away from her at the time, but still.

I want to see at least one of them do something awesome like split the land in two or bring down a giant earth spear or flip a mountain. The fact that we haven't even seen them do anything even remotely powerful makes me question their current abilities to begin with. There's a theory circulating that Celestia is already dead/corrupted, but the archons are preventing the masses from knowing this for some reason. It also explains why none of them care about the Gnosis anymore if they're devoid of power. Could also explain why the tsarista is trying to collect them, to do something with them maybe? power them up?

It is hard to separate out where the shogun's and Ei's powers intersect.

I'm guessing we don't see the archons go HAM since they're available as playable characters and they don't want players wondering why their version can't throw down island-sized geo spears or split an island in two.

Your theory about Celestia is interesting and is supported by the fact that none of the archons seemed all that concerned about losing their gnosis. It feels like the gnosis is is more of a key to unlock access to something/somewhere rather than a source of power in and of itself. We know that Morax was already powerful prior to becoming an archon, so maybe the gnosis was like Celestia's RSA token :messenger_grinning_sweat: that allowed access to their global network. If Celestia has fallen, that would explain why the archons seem fine with giving up their gnosis, but the Fatui could see value in accessing a broken network for info or somthing else.

Pejo

Show of godly strenght cost money, time and plot troubles.
While I agree that there's probably a lot of truth in there, I think MHY has been generally good in Genshin with respecting the game's/world's own lore. I don't think it's by accident that we haven't seen them do anything "godly", at least yet.

It is hard to separate out where the shogun's and Ei's powers intersect.
I look at Shogun as sort of a security system for Inazuma. Whatever power it was imbued with at creation, (when Ei was fully powered up), is what it has now. But it was shown in that story quest that Ei doesn't command the same strength outside the mental plane. They fought for 500 years inside that realm, but in the real world she barely beats that pencil pusher Tenryou guy. I realize some of that fight was symbolic, but come on. Ei was the "battle" sister, the one that studied the sword while her sister did the governing. Shogun, as we've seen, fried Signora in a single hit and threw the traveler into "error mode" which we haven't seen before/since that moment. Maybe Ei is just more deliberate with her use/showing of power, but it seems like an 'order of magnitudes' difference. Maybe Ei can also dip into Shogun power at will, she just chooses not to since nothing was really demanding of it after she came back to the real world. Point is, we've seen Shogun do some "god level" things, but never Ei.
I'm guessing we don't see the archons go HAM since they're available as playable characters and they don't want players wondering why their version can't throw down island-sized geo spears or split an island in two.
Yea I'm sure this is part of it. They have to walk a line since all of the archons have been, and likely will be, playable. As a side note, I think this is why all of the archons have smartly been supports so far. Instead of unleashing their big boner power, they mostly just help the rest of the team succeed. I'm curious if we'll ever get a dps carry archon. If we do, I'm guessing it will be the Pyro archon.
Your theory about Celestia is interesting and is supported by the fact that none of the archons seemed all that concerned about losing their gnosis. It feels like the gnosis is is more of a key to unlock access to something/somewhere rather than a source of power in and of itself. We know that Morax was already powerful prior to becoming an archon, so maybe the gnosis was like Celestia's RSA token :messenger_grinning_sweat: that allowed access to their global network. If Celestia has fallen, that would explain why the archons seem fine with giving up their gnosis, but the Fatui could see value in accessing a broken network for info or somthing else.
I think that it's likely that Gnosis were at one point a source of power. Maybe a device that let the archons channel power from Celestia. But if Celestia is dead/corrupted, the importance/benefit of them would likely be nothing. I like your network idea, and that would give Tsarista a reason to want them. Maybe she wants to create a new Celestia or network or something, and those will be key to using it once created. If that's the case, I could see some of the Harbingers becoming the new "seven" at some point, giving us late game bosses and plot points. I wonder if she plans to make a Delusion version of a Gnosis. Like a Grand Delusion. That idea could be fun to explore.

*edit*

Some official art for hitting Bilibili follower milestone. Ayaka just can't stay out of the damn water with those socks. She must like that squishy feeling. Sicko.

e0mekygo87191.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

If there's one thing that triggers me in this game, it's quest enemies that don't drop XP, gold or items.

Man, mihoyo really are fucking disgusting pieces of shit.
But bro, you could abandon the quest after killing a few and INFINITELY FARM THOSE AMAZING DROPS!!!

That's way too powerful for us meager players.

Fuz

Banned
Some official art for hitting Bilibili follower milestone. Ayaka just can't stay out of the damn water with those socks. She must like that squishy feeling. Sicko.

e0mekygo87191.jpg
The eastern idea of "cute" is "retarded", no surprise here.

The west has the woke, the east has the virgin weebs. Is there not a single entertainment writer left who does not have a collection of psychological disorders?

crumbs

So yesterday I received the "Tales of Winter" commission. This was my 3rd time, so I should have been able to get the achievement and trigger another final Viktor commission. You have to ask him about each of the 3 topics he presents, but it's been so long since the last time this commission popped up that I forgot what I asked him before. Needless to say, I guessed incorrectly and now I will need to wait forever to get this commission again.

The sad part is that I actually wrote down my answers before, but I trashed the note when I stopped playing GI last year, thinking that I wouldn't need it :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

So yesterday I received the "Tales of Winter" commission. This was my 3rd time, so I should have been able to get the achievement and trigger another final Viktor commission. You have to ask him about each of the 3 topics he presents, but it's been so long since the last time this commission popped up that I forgot what I asked him before. Needless to say, I guessed incorrectly and now I will need to wait forever to get this commission again.

The sad part is that I actually wrote down my answers before, but I trashed the note when I stopped playing GI last year, thinking that I wouldn't need it :messenger_neutral:
Damn, that hurts.

crumbs

Damn, that hurts.

I believe I was doing choices in order and should have kept going with that line of thought, but thanks to some convoluted reasoning, I talked myself into the wrong choice. I accept another year of Ella Musk commissions as punishment for my poor decision making.

Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

Pejo

I believe I was doing choices in order and should have kept going with that line of thought, but thanks to some convoluted reasoning, I talked myself into the wrong choice. I accept another year of Ella Musk commissions as punishment for my poor decision making.
I finally got the "This novel is....problematic" daily, which should have been the last one i needed to unlock Storytelling Method in Inazuma, but it's been 3 days now and the quest still hasn't unlocked.

These quests are bullshit.

Fuz

Banned
I finally got the "This novel is....problematic" daily, which should have been the last one i needed to unlock Storytelling Method in Inazuma, but it's been 3 days now and the quest still hasn't unlocked.

It's also the last commission I need to completely close Inazuma.
I'd really want regulators to go and check all those RNG subroutines.

crumbs

Yeah, I was waiting for that one and the "Oh Archon" commissions to advance, but I got tired and switched my commissions back to Mondstadt. I'll probably switch back to Inazuma in a couple of weeks due to boredom.

Here's some options for the devs to implement that would help the commission frustration:

- Every day, you get 4 commissions from each region (so currently 12 but expanding in the future) and you pick the 4 you want to complete for rewards. This would still put you at the mercy of their BS commission RNG, but at least you wouldn't have to be stuck on one region and would have a greater chance of getting one of the rare commissions.

- Once you reach a certain AR level, say AR50, all commissions have the same probability of appearing. If a player has hit AR50, they've probably experienced all the common commissions many times, so why not reward them with an opportunity to complete the rare commissions and their follow-up quests?

I just don't understand the logic behind locking content behind obscure and often bugged commissions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom