• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

New Shenhe model. Looks pretty good.
mmtr182p6g181.jpg

A very modest update over the model leak.

Its a shame this is a spear, not a sword. Looking for a decent sword for Traveler.

Last edited:
Shenhe sounding more like a support then? That's even more competition for Rosaria. In fact, if the leaks are correct she just kinda sounds like a souped up Rosaria in general. Repositioning ability that applies cryo. Large AoE burst that applies cryo. Swap her away to deal more damage (if you have her weapon). Kinda disappointing.

Makes me consider Eula a bit more actually. I'm still on the fence whether she'd be worth it or not.

Pejo

1plcna01oj181.jpg

Maybe her W will be similar to Chonyun?

6q6v55p8gj181.jpg
Jesus that weapon.

Shenhe sounding more like a support then? That's even more competition for Rosaria. In fact, if the leaks are correct she just kinda sounds like a souped up Rosaria in general. Repositioning ability that applies cryo. Large AoE burst that applies cryo. Swap her away to deal more damage (if you have her weapon). Kinda disappointing.

Makes me consider Eula a bit more actually. I'm still on the fence whether she'd be worth it or not.
Yea she actually sounds like BiS support for Eula/Razor/Pheqing/some future physical Electro character. Her Burst does Cryo and Phys shred.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Probably no if you can't make combos consistently.

I can't. So eh. Another easy skip.

You should try her demo for a few times. To me her mechanics are really just too damn annoying and I don't want to lose damage because I miss a couple of swings.

Bird lady being a support makes me kinda sad too. Not what I wanted. Her spear is eh. Homa is on another planet.

Pejo

2x flat bonus for LEAVING the field? Yeah, Jesus... Jesus wouldn't approve.
Well to me that sounds like it's meant for swapping her in, use her skill and burst, swap out and your main DPS gets ~48% attack bonus building over time with phys and cryo shred, perfect for how Eula's burst works where the big dick damage comes at the end.

Thing that sucks though is that by the time Eula's boomboom hits, everything is either usually already dead, near dead, moved far away, or in in invincible state caused by either time or phase change (fucking Maguu Kenki is most of my problem with her).

Still, for anything that can outlast a Eula onslaught that isn't invincible, it's going to be certain death. I hit 275k on her burst last night with a level 60 weapon testing her out vs. Geovishap boss with just Zhongli shield shred and Geo resonance as buffs.

Either way, Rosaria's dead meat when Shenhe releases. I can't see a single team that would benefit having Rosaria instead unless Shenhe's Burst only lasts like 2-4 seconds.

*edit*

Quick summary of 2.4 leaks so far. Sounds like a damn good patch.

g6iy0nxlsi181.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I urge you all to play it ASAP so you can share on my embarassment.

Isn't her head a little... big?
She definitely has a 5head going on.

Here's a better look at one of the new bosses.

2op4h34yrj181.jpg

*edit*

Interesting, Shenhe has a stand. It's teased in her splash art and we see it here:

7pyn79b9wi181.jpg

qy0h2o885k181.png

*edit*

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but her kit seems a little overloaded right now.

kfwkth78ri181.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Is this Liza iddle pose?
A bunch of the characters share that "thinking" pose when you're on talents or basic info screen. It's not one of their unique idle animations.

*edit*

Here are their actual idle animations

*removed and added into different videos in the below post*

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh shit, Dendro bros, get in here...

qwy80h6nyj181.jpg

*edit*

Shenhe and YunJin animations and moves:

irhm1s7ykk181.jpg

So free Ning costume and 4* selector for Lantern Rite (supposedly including YunJin which seems oddly generous). Keq's costume will be for sale for Genesis Crystals and supposedly looks similar to this costume from Honkai (but with a theme of feathers):

Herrscher.of.Reason.full.2859162.jpg

Last edited:
Shenhe sounding busted. Doesn't really matter what kind of team you have, she's gonna boost them significantly. Her stand's cool too. Yun Jin's passive suggests you wouldn't want her in a full geo team, which is good. I'm not interested in building one of those.

Both of these characters look great in terms of design and animations.

YukiOnna

Quick summary of 2.4 leaks so far. Sounds like a damn good patch.

g6iy0nxlsi181.jpg
Will buy Keq skin if they made sure it isn't just an outfit swap for 5 stars since they asked about this on the skin survey. The new Lantern Rite event sounds nice tho.

Someone pointed out to me the new boss looks like an ant eater rather than a dragon... sadness.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just think charging $30 for only that is stupid. Expecting new voicelines, animations, etc and I recall Jean having none of that.
Yea the Honkai skins are usually much better than that, at least for the paid ones. There's usually sfx changes at the very least. Then again, Genshin is way less flashy than Honkai is. I'm excited to see the Ning skin. Keq one sounds boring to me.

YukiOnna

Yea the Honkai skins are usually much better than that, at least for the paid ones. There's usually sfx changes at the very least. Then again, Genshin is way less flashy than Honkai is. I'm excited to see the Ning skin. Keq one sounds boring to me.
Unrelated note but at least it looks like we will have a full zone for Enkanomiya from the splash screen.

BlackM1st

Banned
I love how everyone fucking forgot about 2.3 heroes existence already lmao

So, for the new year we will have a double Xiao/Cocogoat rerun and a free 4☆. Basically repeat of the disastrous Chinese New Year 1.0.

Ok lol I want drama more than anything anyway.

Maybe 2nd year anniversary will be better. (lolno)

YukiOnna

So, for the new year we will have a double Xiao/Cocogoat rerun and a free 4☆. Basically repeat of the disastrous Chinese New Year 1.0.

I am eagerly awaiting the new event since I got my target character...

Pejo

Unrelated note but at least it looks like we will have a full zone for Enkanomiya from the splash screen.
Fuz Fuz I think posted the map, a page or two back, it's a full zone, roughly the size of the islands, but more broken up.

From what I've seen, now that voice lines have been datamined, people are upset that Itto is basically retarded instead of a cool but hot-headed Oni type character. I think that killed a lot of his hype. It makes me like him a little more though. Xiao/Goat will make a pretty hefty sum, I'd have to say. I'm definitely going to be pulling for Shenhe, so 2.4 is already looking better to me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
but more broken up.
My hopes are that it's not really broken up in little pieces, but since we're under the sea those empty spaces might be just sand*. Would make for a nice change of design, and honestly, I'm fucking tired of small little tiny bits of playable land. Inazuma was a huge disappointment to me in that regard. I want more of this:
Genshin-Windrise.png
I went back and did some bit of farming for fun (...and end patch boredom) in Mondstadt these days and it is SO. MUCH. MORE. FUCKING. BETTER. in terms of transversal design and exploration.

*I perfectly know it's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Pejo

My hopes are that it's not really broken up in little pieces, but since we're under the sea those empty spaces might be just sand*. Would make for a nice change of design, and honestly, I'm fucking tired of small little tiny bits of playable land. Inazuma was a huge disappointment to me in that regard. I want more of this:
Genshin-Windrise.png
I went back and did some bit of farming for fun (...and end patch boredom) in Mondstadt these days and it is SO. MUCH. MORE. FUCKING. BETTER. in terms of transversal design and exploration.

*I perfectly know it's not gonna happen.
I think the remainder of Inazuma will be sporadic land masses, and probably Fontaine a bit, but the rest will likely be big open expanses like Mondstadt/Liyue. Probably done seeing big open grass fields though. I picture the "dendro" area to be more forest areas than big open plains.

I'm really curious how they are going to do the desert biome. There's lots of opportunity there for mechanics like sandstorms, quicksand, morphing landscapes, hidden dungeons etc. Could be really cool, and their world design team has the chops for it.
I looked a little bit for the post I'm referring to, but couldn't find it. I'll try again after work. Basically he's the definition of Ungabunga, apparently. Again, I don't mind that, but I think the "husbando" crowd was looking for more of a rough and tumble stud.

YukiOnna

I liked Inazuma a lot because it cared less about the size of its map and each island had a lot of interesting level design for the most part. It was fun exploring. Made going back to Liyue such a pain because it felt like it was big for the sake of being big.

Mond is kind of in the middle since it's mostly flat.

Fuz

Banned
Again, I don't mind that, but I think the "husbando" crowd was looking for more of a rough and tumble stud.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

> Picture from the back, big guy, long white hair, claymore, geo
- MASSIVE HYPE, START SAVING PRIMOS
> Childish face, black nails, collar, mace
- BRUH
> Voicelines
-
5vese2.jpg
second guessing my will to pull.

Last edited:

Pejo

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

- Picture from the back, big guy, long white hair, claymore, geo
- MASSIVE HYPE, START SAVING PRIMOS
- Childish face, black nails, collar, mace
- BRUH
- Voicelines
-
5vese2.jpg
second guessing my will to pull.
They also nerfed his in-game muscle mass and now he's just diluc model. Abs and arms both got reduced.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom