• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

The problem with Ganyu rerun is the Abyss that will gonna reflect her.
The Abyss was probably gonna be cryo focused anyway with Shenhe coming in the same patch.

From what I've read, initial reactions to Shenhe in beta seem pretty negative by the way. Apparently her cooldowns are too long and her team buffs/res shred insignificant when compared to other sources like anemo. Subject to change of course. You'd think they'll want a sexy OP character on the banner during the lunar new year, so I'm hopeful changes might be made.

Fake

The Abyss was probably gonna be cryo focused anyway with Shenhe coming in the same patch.

I guess that Abyss with put everything with hydro (wet) effect? This annoying increase over skill delay. Just her charged attack litelary destroy everything.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

From the barebones research I do on beta kits, I don't see much reason to put faith in it and instead just wait till final release.

BlackM1st

Banned
You'd think they'll want a sexy OP character on the banner during the lunar new year, so I'm hopeful changes might be made.
ganyu.gif

That bird lady has nothing on the GOAT. And...and it's pretty unfortunate tbh.

GI heroes continue to be very hit and miss.

Unfortunately heroes like Raiden/Ayaka/Cocogoat are very rare.

Even EULA isn't someone I would consider worthy of my primogems thanks to her weird ass combos.

So far MiHo refuses to power creep / over saturate hyper carry category.

Instead of 1 Cocogoat and like 2 clones of her with different elements/skills we are getting 1 GOAT above all and some weirdos who can be as strong as her, but require so much more attention and resources to build that they just can't realistically compete with her.

Pejo

They probably thought that Goulash was the way to "fix" Dragonspine once the quests were done there. They should give us all a tool that prevents cold buildup after this current event there. I can't imagine them going back to it three times for major events, but I guess we'll see.

I don't personally mind the cold buildup mechanic, but it seems to not be very popular at large. One of the things I like in a big expansive game is when areas actually feel dangerous. In FFXII, there were those dinosaurs right outside the starting town. That kinda shit makes me happy. If anything, I wish we could manually toggle some of the areas we "fixed", like the thunderstorm 100% of the time Island, the foggy island, etc. I also wish we had wandering randomly spawning "world bosses" that drop cool shit like prototypes or whatever, but are extremely hard to beat.

It's part of what I used to love about FFXI. The whole world was actually dangerous. Even at max level, there were numerous areas that you had to sneak around in to avoid death. More games need dangerous worlds like that.

I think it would also open up the combat and teambuilding a bit. To be clear, I'm not talking about damage sponges or 1-shot mechanics, I mean legitimately fair but hard difficult enemies or world mechanics.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I mean legitimately fair but hard difficult enemies or world mechanics
There's that open world Dark Souls game. Probably your best bet hah

And yes, I do need a harder enemies to kill. Even samurai bosses can't survive more than 2 ultimates from me and I can spam like 5 in a row lol

Fake

The problem with cold mechanic is that, for real, is dumb. Dumb as fuck. Was created not for mechanic games purpose, but to be an annoying barbecue fly.

If you get affected by Pyro you don't remove the cold (lol?) and the food you create to reduce the cold effect is a completely wasting of fucking time. Instead of making the foods already inside the game efficient against the cold, they create an almost useless food with even a high cooldown.
We even got spicy foods, soups, missoshiro... but no. Thats why people hate. Is not complex, just fucking annoying.

Last edited:

Pejo

Unless I'm missing something, that new golden wolf boss can burn in hell.

Good luck to those that need to farm it.
Haven't tried it yet, but I read that the only way to reduce his shield is with Geo damage. Let's hope Zhongli's hold works on it.

deanote666

Haven't tried it yet, but I read that the only way to reduce his shield is with Geo damage. Let's hope Zhongli's hold works on it.
Tried with Zhongli and it can still burn in hell. Couldn't even knock out one of its heads before my entire party was dead in about 5 seconds.

Fuz

Banned
It's part of what I used to love about FFXI. The whole world was actually dangerous. Even at max level, there were numerous areas that you had to sneak around in to avoid death. More games need dangerous worlds like that.
You should have played DAoC. Reaching the high level group farming spot was a fucking nightmare.
2Rce3.gif

Fuz

Banned
Unless I'm missing something, that new golden wolf boss can burn in hell.

Good luck to those that need to farm it.
Which world level? At 6 I had a failed run because I had no geo chars in my team, then I swapped in an underleveled lvl0 artifacts Ningguang and had no real problems in killing it.
It's annoying, for sure.

BlackM1st

Banned
You should have played DAoC. Reaching the high level group farming spot was a fucking nightmare.
2Rce3.gif
Unfortunately MiHo is too cheap and greedy to give you any actual rewards for your struggles. Remember last Inazuma event? There was 0 rewards for completing the hardest difficulty dungeons.

BJK

Having lost Eula’s 50/50 to Kequing (now C1), I’m ready to start saving for C1 Cocogoat.

On the plus side, I also hit C6 on Noelle, plus C5.5 on Bennett (since I’m never giving him the C6 “upgrade”). Plenty of work to do on the characters I already have.

Fuz

Banned
Unfortunately MiHo is too cheap and greedy to give you any actual rewards for your struggles. Remember last Inazuma event? There was 0 rewards for completing the hardest difficulty dungeons.
Good? They're keeping powercreep only for those who want to measure and compare their penises.

YukiOnna

They probably thought that Goulash was the way to "fix" Dragonspine once the quests were done there. They should give us all a tool that prevents cold buildup after this current event there. I can't imagine them going back to it three times for major events, but I guess we'll see.

I don't personally mind the cold buildup mechanic, but it seems to not be very popular at large. One of the things I like in a big expansive game is when areas actually feel dangerous. In FFXII, there were those dinosaurs right outside the starting town. That kinda shit makes me happy. If anything, I wish we could manually toggle some of the areas we "fixed", like the thunderstorm 100% of the time Island, the foggy island, etc. I also wish we had wandering randomly spawning "world bosses" that drop cool shit like prototypes or whatever, but are extremely hard to beat.

I think it would also open up the combat and teambuilding a bit. To be clear, I'm not talking about damage sponges or 1-shot mechanics, I mean legitimately fair but hard difficult enemies or world mechanics.
I think Sheer Cold just builds up too fast. I also like it when the environment is an enemy, but the food item we have for resistance sucks and the lamp placement isn't great.

deanote666

Which world level? At 6 I had a failed run because I had no geo chars in my team, then I swapped in an underleveled lvl0 artifacts Ningguang and had no real problems in killing it.
It's annoying, for sure.
WL 8. Eula, Zhongli, Fischl, Kokomi.

Corrosion effect is too strong. Even Kokomi can't keep up.

Last edited:

Fake

Having lost Eula’s 50/50 to Kequing (now C1), I’m ready to start saving for C1 Cocogoat.

On the plus side, I also hit C6 on Noelle, plus C5.5 on Bennett (since I’m never giving him the C6 “upgrade”). Plenty of work to do on the characters I already have.

If you're really looking for a strong char, Cocogoat got you cover.

Fuz

Banned
WL 8. Eula, Zhongli, Fischl, Kokomi.

Corrosion effect is too strong. Even Kokomi can't keep up.
Not doing the last ascension quest was the best decision I ever took in this game, period.

Anyway, try Ningguang - Zhongli has CDs on his geo skills, Ningg can just machine gun those head totems.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
try Ningguang - Zhongli
Yep. Ning = Easy mode.

Downed him in 2 hits, destroyed all the heads and finished with 1 Raiden ultimate. Just stay away from the DMG area. That's all. As easy as 1st tree 🌳 bosses.

Finally my Geo rubik's cube can be used to its full potential

maxresdefault.jpg

d3fe43eb1eeb48302fe1fffa90aa845f705fd46c.gifv

Pejo

Nope. It wasn't mentioned in this one and since the new area comes in 2.4 w/ Sigil shop opening, it's probably that one.
Wonder what the fucking purpose of this hard time gate is for? We already know at level 50 we get a piece of furniture and a few wishes. Stingy bastards.

So here's just a rough calculation I did to see how many F2P primos one'd be able to save up until Shenhe enters the game:

I'm again assuming 160 primos per day (rather than the recorded average of 240) to err on the safe side. The Albedo/Eula banner has 19 days left. Itto's banner will last 21 days, as will Xiao/Ganyu's reruns. That's 61 days in total, for 9760 primogems. This includes Abyss, commissions, events etc. Update 2.4 will most likely allow us to upgrade the Sakura tree again, netting us two intertwined fates. The Lantern Rite Festival will return in 2.4 and should reward us 10 fates again, counting as 1600 primos. The shop will refresh twice in this time (december and january), so if you have the stardust you can buy a total of 10 fates for a value of 1600 primos.

Add all that together, and we end up with a total of 13280 primos, or 83 wishes (73 if you lack stardust). This is just a rough estimate because it's impossible to know how much the upcoming events will give us exactly. Hopefully it's helpful to someone.

Edit: I didn't include Shenhe's banner duration either, so that's potentially another 20 days of saving up that would add to this number.

Last edited:

Pejo

So here's just a rough calculation I did to see how many F2P primos one'd be able to save up until Shenhe enters the game:

I'm again assuming 160 primos per day (rather than the recorded average of 240) to err on the safe side. The Albedo/Eula banner has 19 days left. Itto's banner will last 21 days, as will Xiao/Ganyu's reruns. That's 61 days in total, for 9760 primogems. This includes Abyss, commissions, events etc. Update 2.4 will most likely allow us to upgrade the Sakura tree again, netting us two intertwined fates. The Lantern Rite Festival will return in 2.4 and should reward us 10 fates again, counting as 1600 primos. The shop will refresh twice in this time (december and january), so if you have the stardust you can buy a total of 10 fates for a value of 1600 primos.

Add all that together, and we end up with a total of 13280 primos, or 83 wishes (73 if you lack stardust). This is just a rough estimate because it's impossible to know how much the upcoming events will give us exactly. Hopefully it's helpful to someone.

Edit: I didn't include Shenhe's banner duration either, so that's potentially another 20 days of saving up that would add to this number.
So strictly broke (right now) F2P players will have to gamble a bit if they're on their 50/50 pull on the limited banner, but everyone else with existing savings or welkin/BPers should be able to guarantee her easily before her banner ends. You're also missing a few misc. freebie sources like stream codes, promotions, and web events.

Also, I think they were a bit more generous than usual last year during lantern rites since it's apparently the only real life event that is allowed in Genshin because of China.

BlackM1st

Banned
apparently the only real life event that is allowed in Genshin
Which is also an absolutely idiotic decision considering the fact that they don't create any meaningful holidays.

I don't remember a single event name / what it was celebrating.

Most memorable shit was during the Lantern Rite where all quests were about joys of hard work and terrible luck in love.

Also, something about 1st city flower name/origin or something like that. That's it, I seriously can't remember anything else.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Lantern Rite and Moonchase are the only ones based on real life events.

We still don't have any Inazuma festivals man... the battle events are cool, but cmon.

BlackM1st

Banned
Zong Li is rumored to have a rerun in 2.4, so fuck Shen He if she's not super OP.
Who doesn't have him after 2 banners? Besides, now MiHo created a new DMG type which renders him significantly less useful.

On a side note, I finally got Diluc to 90 and bought him a C.Dmg sword. That's it for now, lol Maybe one day he'll get a nice skin.

Pejo

Rolling for Ganyu constellation and Amos Bow is an inevitability. I am basically stuck rolling all the way to the end of 2.5
Whew, hope you got a nice christmas bonus coming in. I'm still laser focused on getting a single Shenhe.

In game shot of underwater area:
qwfkxjt1nq181.jpg

xszeqwpd5r181.png

*edit*
Added another to spoiler

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Never forget. For those who were there for the OG Lantern Rite:

Whew, hope you got a nice christmas bonus coming in. I'm still laser focused on getting a single Shenhe.

In game shot of underwater area:
qwfkxjt1nq181.jpg
Thanks hopefully, I'll be fine... 100% map + events should make things a little easier, too.

Also, that looks pretty. Really looking forward to this.

Why do you need her constellations is beyond me hah

Amos is nice n all, but she deserves her own new signature. Freaking Tart got new 5☆ bow "because reasons". Justice for Cocogoat!
It's like when you grail a servant in FGO that didn't really need it... Thank you for being there when I needed you most!
Is Amos not her signature weapon?

Top Bottom