• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
If you ignore the challenges and chests in the early area
7nwTZ.gif

BlackM1st

Banned

yeah maybe in the next months, they are finishing the main story very fast in the latest updates.

Nice. Count me in if it's gonna be a GI clone.

What an irony it would be if it will be a GI clone from MiHo themselves to finally give us a GI alternative. Kinda sad lol Japan is utterly incompetent...

Fuck them.
Tell me about it.

I went with PSN version out of convenience, but so far it's anything but convenient. I can't use my paid crystals when I'm on my smartphone or PC, I can't purchase more without firing up the PS app, can't use any crystals deals from the 3rd party sites too.

Kinda reminds me FF 14 Online PSN clusterfuck.

What a petty bunch they are. Sad.
Yep.

She's not great if I'm being honest.
She's absolutely fucking terrible if we talk gameplay wise.

But she got a freaking huge MAIN STORY quest dedicated to her, so basically everyone who plays GI will see her in the best light possible and tbh it's a giant headscratcher.

Her being such a niche support seems like a giant waste of a great character unfortunately.

Not long. If you ignore the challenges and chests in the early area, you should be able to do it within 5 minutes.
Reminds me the 1st region in the latest Dragon Age lmao. But nah, I cleared it all before moving forward ahaha.

Fuz

Banned
How are you guys liking Enka?

Because I'm not. Spent a few hours in it and it's a collection of all the worst exploration designs in game.
There's also no healing pillar (so far).

Last edited:

Because I'm not. Spent a few hours in it and it's a collection of all the worst exploration designs in game.
I've been running around for a couple of hours, and I keep finding things I can't interact with yet. I even get tutorials about the day/night mechanics that I can't use. Seems like you're supposed to follow the quest without exploring too much so you can unlock the main gimmick. Maybe it'll get better after that.

I'm not sure I like picking up those sigils(?) either, but I guess they function like electroculi. It feels like the rewards for these collectibles have gotten lower and lower.

The music's good, the lore might be interesting too, but hard to say currently. Too bad there's no voice overs.

BlackM1st

Banned
Enka is great. Finally a region where Mona and Ayaka can sprint freely. Dunno how they achieved it, but it feels buttery smooth.

Region exploration is quiet easy as long as you have the Queen of vertical exploration - Keqing. Without her...

Well, I have her, so... ;P

Music and art direction is top notch.

New enemies is a piece of cake, wish we had em earlier, they're much more pleasant to fight than the small geo one's we had in Liyue.

Ironically new enemies pale in comparison to the old Inazuma machines which are at lvl 93 in Enka lmao Some thick boys they are. Still pretty manageable if you have the right team...

Pejo

Shenhe is so unfun to play it's actually bothering me because I like her as a character a lot. Kokomi had stat issue but at least she's got a playstyle that I can work with.
Same man, same.
I fucking hate this.

I-Hate-This.jpg
Do you actually keep this up the whole time you're exploring? No wonder you hate it

Probably my 2nd favorite area only losing to Tsurumi. I unlocked all of the waypoints first, then did the story quest to unlock the Shenhe materials boss. They drop a literal shit ton of lore and story in the Enka quest, a little too much in fact. They're throwing all of those names at you before you really have a chance to understand it all. They really need a mode to revisit quest dialogue and cutscenes.

The implications of what Enka actually is, is really fucking interesting, and its ties to Celestia is probably a major story plot in and of itself. Not to mention the foreshadowing to Paimon and what the Abyss really is. It gave me a lot of lore dopamine to my noggin'.

The area itself is really interesting and well designed, I skipped mostly all of the exploration events/puzzles/seelies to do after I finished the story. The music is AMAZING, especially the battle songs, the new enemies are imposing but a fun fight. The only thing I don't like is that the change from day/night has that unskippable cutscene every time you do it.

In my opinion they're knocking it out of the park for the new areas. The unvoiced exploration world quests have quickly become my most hyped content in Genshin.

Also, new vishap bosses don't have any invulnerability modes, and is actually a fun fight. Ning's screen is finally useful in a real world fight.

If Tsurumi was a 10/10 for me, Enka so far is 9.5/10.

Queen of vertical exploration - Keqing.
iu

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, having a hell of a good time in Enka. These world quests sure are something. Definitely going to want to discuss some lore after finishing the area.

The biggest lore drop I feel was that
Celestia is alien and wasn't originally on Teyvat. Celestia desperately doesn't want anyone to think that there was something before the archons, so they will go to great lengths to cover that fact up. Big snek read this information and Celestia made him suicide by Shogun or else they'd have wiped out the people of Enka. So he really was a good snek all along. It's also likely that the whole reason that Enka existed was to live away from the Archon-patrolled lands until the civilization eventually got wiped out. There are themes of sin and punishment all throughout the lore so far, but I haven't seen anything specifically that explains what the people's "sins" were, other than a few individual things. I'm guessing it was that they too knew about Celestia. Also, Abyss is looking for the book that explains the origins of Celestia on Teyvat, probably at the behest of sibling.

This has moved things forward more than like the last 4 archon stories.

*edit*

Google translated Dendro leaks. Looks like they're fucking current Freeze teams and Pyro DPSs in flavor of future Pyro DPSs by having Hydro absorbed by Dendro enemies and reactions. So no more Freeze and Vape on any enemy with Dendro applied.

1. Dendro does not swirl, Kazuha cannot affect it.
  2. Dendro + Electro reduces DEF, Raiden brings her own DEF reduction, so with Raiden there is not much improvement. With DPS characters from other elements, the improvement will be large, Raiden will be used mainly to trigger Dendro-Electro reactions. This prevents Raiden from completely getting kicked out of the meta and causing players' unhappiness, so a main DPS like her can change to a support, previously her C2 being at a low constellation seemed kind, but actually her C4 and C6 are the ones that change her supporting capabilities significantly.
  3. Dendro supports increase EM, after Yae's banner (literally: after Yae sales.) ... EDIT: “八重售后” means “customer service” for Yae,which means indirectly buffing Yae through other means after her banner ends. Like how they buff Kokomi with new artifact and enemies that favors her.
  4. Dendro monsters are always infused with Dendro, and will react with Hydro elements as the highest priority, this design is too sly(? this is just slang, doesn't affect much.) and causes Hutao and Ayaka to not gain much improvements in the new environment.
  5. Dendro+Hydro will react with the highest priority and will remove your Hydro application, causing Ayaka's permafreeze to lose effectiveness as enemies cannot be reliably frozen. You can still play it, but there are no improvements in that regard, Ayaka will still have the same strength as before. New Cryo DPS will not require freeze, applying Cryo is all you need, DPS window is short, can efficiently use up Shenhe's buff. Mechanically very comfortable to play.
  6. Dendro+Pyro, dendro supports can increase EM... don't you think Pyro characters are getting a massive buff? YES! But the ones getting buffed are the new Pyro DPSes. Old pyro DPSes, don't dream of it. Because Dendro reacts first with Hydro before Pyro, you cannot use vaporize. Hence there is little improvement to old Pyro DPSes damage. Klee's improvement is still relatively large, but due to her originally not being a very strong character, her strength will still remain so-so. New Pyro DPS will focus fully on Dendro+Pyro. You don't have to worry about Hydro reaction problems.
  7. Vaporize is an overly strong reaction, this problem has existed since the start of Genshin, so Hydro 5-stars will be poisoned (TL: OP means nerfed.) Dendro snatching up Hydro's reactions will cut down the problem with Vaporize.
Woo boy, that's just greedy ass shit. Basically making all of the heavily invested Pyro DPS characters we've already built completely useless in the face of dendro. Also, now that they sold us the problem (Shenhe), they've got a "mechanically very comfortable" Cryo DPS on the way, which will work well with her kit.

I wouldn't believe it if it didn't sound like the exact type of thing that MHY would do to suck money out of your wallet.

Last edited:
Google translated Dendro leaks.
Interesting leaks, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Electro + dendro = def shred. Anemo does that too, hardly interesting. Dendro + hydro = ??? They only talk about how it negatively affects freeze. They say dendro improves EM (how?), but EM is generally only useful for powerful reactions like swirl, vape and melt, which are getting nerfed. Will people care enough about EM just for Yae's 0.15% damage buff on her sucky turrets? They're gonna dedicate an entire reaction to one mediocre character? Makes no sense to me.

I hope this info is wrong, or maybe we're missing critical info. Of course they'd use this chance to sell new characters, but this just sounds awful all around.

YukiOnna

Man, having a hell of a good time in Enka. These world quests sure are something. Definitely going to want to discuss some lore after finishing the area.

The biggest lore drop I feel was that
Celestia is alien and wasn't originally on Teyvat. Celestia desperately doesn't want anyone to think that there was something before the archons, so they will go to great lengths to cover that fact up. Big snek read this information and Celestia made him suicide by Shogun or else they'd have wiped out the people of Enka. So he really was a good snek all along. It's also likely that the whole reason that Enka existed was to live away from the Archon-patrolled lands until the civilization eventually got wiped out. There are themes of sin and punishment all throughout the lore so far, but I haven't seen anything specifically that explains what the people's "sins" were, other than a few individual things. I'm guessing it was that they too knew about Celestia. Also, Abyss is looking for the book that explains the origins of Celestia on Teyvat, probably at the behest of sibling.

This has moved things forward more than like the last 4 archon stories.
Actually can't believe how much they dropped regarding plot details. It helps Inazuma's Archon story a lot and adds a ton of build up.
Big improvement on Dragonspine for how much information we're getting but it's weird they don't include this in the main story.

Reizo Ryuu

Pejo Pejo
I just did the outfit trial for HoF, did you notice that final lesson is playing during it? Pretty nice detail.
You said you didn't like it, but goddamn it might be my favourite outfit yet, the space/stars SFX are gorgeous and the timestop/screen crack during the ult is godlike; I don't even have HoF and I was tempted to pull for the outfit lol.

Pejo

Interesting leaks, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Electro + dendro = def shred. Anemo does that too, hardly interesting. Dendro + hydro = ??? They only talk about how it negatively affects freeze. They say dendro improves EM (how?), but EM is generally only useful for powerful reactions like swirl, vape and melt, which are getting nerfed. Will people care enough about EM just for Yae's 0.15% damage buff on her sucky turrets? They're gonna dedicate an entire reaction to one mediocre character? Makes no sense to me.

I hope this info is wrong, or maybe we're missing critical info. Of course they'd use this chance to sell new characters, but this just sounds awful all around.
Def Shred doesn't mean resistance shred. Def is a separate stat than elemental or phys resistance. Only a few moves in the game currently have a def shred - Razors constellated ele skill, Klee's constellated ele skill, Lisa's Burst, and Shogun (what they're talking about up above) has a natural "ignore def" on one of her constellations. The electro + Dendro reaction would be a universal source of defense shred, and would stack multiplicatively with resistance shreds (like Zhongli's shield/VV swirl buff etc).

They really don't tell us what hydro + dendro does, hopefully there's some benefit other than just absorbing. I remember the effect "overgrowth" being named in previous leaks, so we still don't know what that does.

EM buff is indeed weird, guess we'll have to see what it does. Either way, I don't like the way it fucks (negatively) with other elements.

Actually can't believe how much they dropped regarding plot details. It helps Inazuma's Archon story a lot and adds a ton of build up.
Big improvement on Dragonspine for how much information we're getting but it's weird they don't include this in the main story.
I'm telling you, the unvoiced new area main quests are the real lore drop honeypots. Archon quests are for spectacle and for the masses of players that just wanna see stuff blow up and cool animations. Character quests and hangouts are for waifu collectors. Area world quests are for lore buffs. I'm curious to spitball with you about the lore since I think we're the only 2 that really get into it beyond surface level.

Pejo Pejo
I just did the outfit trial for HoF, did you notice that final lesson is playing during it? Pretty nice detail.
You said you didn't like it, but goddamn it might be my favourite outfit yet, the space/stars SFX are gorgeous and the timestop/screen crack during the ult is godlike; I don't even have HoF and I was tempted to pull for the outfit lol.
I ended up spending the crystals on the last 2 rolls I needed to get it anyways, I play with the music off so I need to turn it back on and do the trial again. I hate the outfit itself, MHY keeps making these asymmetrical prom dress outfits and I don't like the style at all. But the SFX, especially the Ultimate, is top notch. 10,000 miles above anything Genshin has done so far. I still prefer her normal outfit for obvious reasons, but yea it isn't all bad.

BlackM1st

Banned
Basically making all of the heavily invested Pyro DPS characters we've already built completely useless in the face of dendro.

Hehe. Sup, bitches!

Jrpg GIF

So now Hu Tao willnsuck even more? lmao , nice

And instead of introducing power creep they're just nerfing the fuck out of everyone and introducing new mediocre heroes to accompany old mediocre one's lol Greedy bastards.

Well, now we know why Dendro took so much time to release. They waited for people to heavily invest and now they're bait n switching em lol

I just wonder what will happen to Bennett and waterboi...

Saber

Gold Member
Woo boy, that's just greedy ass shit. Basically making all of the heavily invested Pyro DPS characters we've already built completely useless in the face of dendro. Also, now that they sold us the problem (Shenhe), they've got a "mechanically very comfortable" Cryo DPS on the way, which will work well with her kit.

I wouldn't believe it if it didn't sound like the exact type of thing that MHY would do to suck money out of your wallet.

Sorry. I don't seem to get the reactions very well because...well, aside from Dendro-electro, the rest is not explained except for meta explanation. Whats the true reaction we're talking about?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is Raiden a solid battery for Xiao? Pulled for Xiao and got him, which is awesome since I already had his best weapon.

Thinking about going Xiao, Raiden, Bennet and Zhongli. Seems solid or should I run two anemo?

Last edited:

Pejo

Nah, I was talking about Primordial Jade Spear in his case.
Unfortunately while that is his signature weapon, his best is actually Homa, especially since he has a HP loss mechanic. Still a great weapon for him though, you'll be plunging well with it.

That team you mentioned is very solid, it uses like every meta support outside of Kazuha who doesn't really help Anemo dps. You may eventually run into issues with the dickwolves and a certain weekly boss with only Bennett healing, but other than that you should be golden through most of the game.

Fake

Is Raiden a solid battery for Xiao?

For everyone.
Unfortunately while that is his signature weapon, his best is actually Homa, especially since he has a HP loss mechanic. Still a great weapon for him though, you'll be plunging well with it.

That team you mentioned is very solid, it uses like every meta support outside of Kazuha who doesn't really help Anemo dps. You may eventually run into issues with the dickwolves and a certain weekly boss with only Bennett healing, but other than that you should be golden through most of the game.

Homa is a mix of best ult case scenario, but I guess the jade is still overall better due to you can use while outside of the simp mask.

Xiao right now is my main, but I leave his burst for last resource unless is an event time attack.

BTW, I don't have neither Homa or Jade, my Xiao is using the Skyward =[

Last edited:

crumbs

Finally got around to doing Kokomi's story quest and, as I suspected, it was one of the worst. It was so boring that even Kokomi was falling asleep during most of it.

Her design is fine, but she is so mis-cast for the role in this game, it really hurts the story content for Watatsumi Island.

YukiOnna

I'm telling you, the unvoiced new area main quests are the real lore drop honeypots. Archon quests are for spectacle and for the masses of players that just wanna see stuff blow up and cool animations. Character quests and hangouts are for waifu collectors. Area world quests are for lore buffs. I'm curious to spitball with you about the lore since I think we're the only 2 that really get into it beyond surface level.
Probably the most accurate description of how it feels like they've divided it. Have to change my expectations when it comes to Archon Quests going forward since WQ is the real deal. And yeah I think it's just us sadly- I'm going to post my thoughts about it later tonight when I get back.

Pejo

Finally got around to doing Kokomi's story quest and, as I suspected, it was one of the worst. It was so boring that even Kokomi was falling asleep during most of it.

Her design is fine, but she is so mis-cast for the role in this game, it really hurts the story content for Watatsumi Island.
Yea she'd have been perfectly fine as a shrine maiden or a head priestess even, but with her demeanor and character traits, there's no way she'd be a leader. Unfortunately, none of the content with Kokomi in it is good. They did my fish wrong.

*edit*

I'm surprised with all the censorship going on in Genshin they were willing to do the Ying'er innuendo.

vf55icfc5va81.jpg

krvhahfc5va81.jpg

kv5di8fc5va81.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yea she'd have been perfectly fine as a shrine maiden or a head priestess even, but with her demeanor and character traits, there's no way she'd be a leader. Unfortunately, none of the content with Kokomi in it is good. They did my fish wrong.
At least we give her energy points. That was good info to know.

YukiOnna

The personal part of her story quest was fine, great even. But when they get back into trying to make her look like a 4 billion IQ army leader, that's when it falls apart.
Pretty much, which sadly took up most of the quest rather than being about her quirky traits.

crumbs

The personal part of her story quest was fine, great even. But when they get back into trying to make her look like a 4 billion IQ army leader, that's when it falls apart.
I was floored when they revealed that she feels refreshed and energized from sleeping. Who could have seen that coming? :messenger_neutral:

I feel like the quest was almost making fun of her and her tendency to over-prepare for potential outcomes. When you're spying on the Fatui camp, she takes like 5 minutes to breakdown your options, when in reality it takes most players about 10 seconds to liquidate the 3 Fatui in the camp.

The other funny part of the quest is all soldiers talking about you being captain of Swordfish 2 like it was some big deal and not 5 minute filler content for the archon quest.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

*edit*

I'm surprised with all the censorship going on in Genshin they were willing to do the Ying'er innuendo.

vf55icfc5va81.jpg

krvhahfc5va81.jpg

kv5di8fc5va81.jpg
I was in tears when I was reading her lines for the first time in game. Shit is hilarious and proves that MiHo devs DO know what we want and how we want it, but they're stuck in mediocrity for God knows what reasons.

Yamisan

Looks like they nerfed Yae's charge attack in the latest version of the beta. It used to hit in a small AoE, now it only hits the first target I guess, and the numbers were reduced.

God dammit MHY.
Wait what? That makes no sense, the entire point of the charge attack is that is AOE.

Pejo

Wait what? That makes no sense, the entire point of the charge attack is that is AOE.
It's hard getting good details, but I guess it has 5 strikes in rapid succession, and each strike before could hit multiple enemies if they were grouped closely. Now each strike only hits 1 enemy. Could be a fuckup on MHY's part, but I doubt it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Sooooo... going C3 Raiden wasn't such a bad idea? ;D

Entire point is to sell you her Signature weapon AND probably some future hero or two. Maybe Sara and Raiden, maybe new Dendro buffer xD

Dregnel

Sooooo... going C3 Raiden wasn't such a bad idea? ;D
nope, you will be fucked just like everyone so prepare the vacelin.
the meta will change without exception, Dendro+water meta coming soon.
btw the beta tester are mad af with the husks and they made a new survey.

Pejo

nope, you will be fucked just like everyone so prepare the vacelin.
Well they spent how many patches making Long Dong Zhong the best character in the game, and now they're introducing enemy after enemy that not only makes him useless, but also makes his shield a liability.

It's such an obvious cash grab for whoever comes next that even the brainless beta testers aren't having it for a change.

Dregnel

Well they spent how many patches making Long Dong Zhong the best character in the game, and now they're introducing enemy after enemy that not only makes him useless, but also makes his shield a liability.

It's such an obvious cash grab for whoever comes next that even the brainless beta testers aren't having it for a change.
have you fought with the new boss, i mean the lizzards, they fuck your life and decrease you energy by 40% or more and you can't use any ulti, 2 hits and boom you have 0% energy when they hit you with the balls, it doesn't matter if you have a shield or not.

they are making this casual game a dark souls, i want to see mobile players killing those assholes.
Spider Man Lol GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
nope, you will be fucked just like everyone so prepare the vacelin
star wars lack of faith GIF

Because we need more Kokomi / waterboy trash in our lives!

Ron Burgundy No GIF

People wouldn't appreciate it xD

Besides, I have Mona, so I don't give a flying fuck lol

sad donald trump GIF

LOL, told y'all haha

And just in time for his 3rd rerun!

have you fought with the new boss, i mean the lizzards, they fuck your life and decrease you energy by 40% or more and you can't use any ulti, 2 hits and boom you have 0% energy when they hit you with the balls, it doesn't matter if you have a shield or not.

they are making this casual game a dark souls, i want to see mobile players killing those assholes.

200.gif

Pejo

Spider Man Lol GIF
Imagine starting the game because you liked Shenhe and pull her, only to find out you need to complete like 8-12 weeks worth of content to even fight the boss to level her up.

I can consistently one shot them with Eula's Burst while they're standing in place firing their alternating tail crystals at the very beginning of the fight.

Fun note - Ning's screen blocks every type of their projectiles except the lasers when one of them dies.

*edit*

They changed some details about Yae. I like the new background for her Burst but I like the old tails better.

6okwds9isua81.png

Last edited:

Dregnel

Imagine starting the game because you liked Shenhe and pull her, only to find out you need to complete like 8-12 weeks worth of content to even fight the boss to level her up.
They only need to make the boss items interchangeable through crafting, such as the drop from raising talents, i wonder what are they waiting for?

I can consistently one shot them with Eula's Burst while they're standing in place firing their alternating tail crystals at the very beginning of the fight.

Fun note - Ning's screen blocks every type of their projectiles except the lasers when one of them dies.

damn i guess i need to lv up my ning then, i dont have eula, now i remember i left the game because i lost my 50% and around 40 pulls I couldn't get that booty sad, i felt destroyed and depressed.

Fuz

Banned

*edit*

vf55icfc5va81.jpg

krvhahfc5va81.jpg

kv5di8fc5va81.jpg
"Sex described by someone who only read about it in mangas"

Top Bottom