• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Interesting. I really liked the island type design. It allowed each area to be diverse visually and thematically, but also relevant to the nation and main story as a whole. I feel like we got 7 little mini-countries instead of one big boring one (like Liyue). I kinda wish they did more with the boats though. As it is, there's very little reason to ever use them.

I'll be kinda bummed if Sumeru is a big empty landscape full of rocks and grass and dirt again after Inazuma. I have faith that Fontaine is going to be amazing though, and is probably the area I'm most looking forward to after Inazuma.

I miss mondstadt style to be honest. I like the main center of Inazuma, but they failed to divide much of the content, limiting exploration, rewards, no more stamina.

They thought that people would wait until some kinda of patch to enable the remaining locked content, but I guess get the reverse result. I was hyped when Inazuma release, but get frustated when I was blocked to progress, so even now they allowing the rest of exploration I kinda lost most of the interess in exploration.

For me I just want the new country to get that fucking out of Inazuma. I even leave some puzzles/rewards behind.

Just especulation over the leak (posted over twitter).
02ao0nvaqia81.png

Baau will give up being inside that realm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Interesting. I really liked the island type design.
I agree with him. I loved the archipelago, but dividing Inazuma into isles really broke the exploration AND it didn't gave us any reason to use the boat because they did nothing for navigation or sea related mechanics (huge wasted opportunity). Archiplago was good because it reminded of Wind Waker, where you often were on boat for good reason.
I kinda wish they did more with the boats though
For starters, boat summon points should be teleports.
Just especulation over the leak (posted over twitter). Baau will give up being inside that realm.
Link please.

Last edited:

crumbs

I use quick travel a lot, so jumping between the islands isn't too big a deal.

Overall, I've been pleased with Inazuma's design, it feels dense and well designed with fewer filler areas than Liyue. I really enjoy the different vibes that the islands have and the music continues to impress.

My main complaints are that they went overboard with small puzzles littering the landscape and initially there may be too many environmental hazards to messed up the exploration flow.

Sumeru is based on the Middle East or India? Never been a big fan of desert areas, so hopefully the devs will be creative.

Fake

Mondstadt I almost don't use fast travel. Inazuma is 99% of the time.

edit: I use fast travel in Mondstadt, but for farming random encounter.

Last edited:

crumbs

when I entered inazuma I wanted to take the teleports before continuing with the story, I didn't know there was a ship and I made an ice path with kaeya, it took me about 30 minutes to get there throwing ice.
I assume you didn't play the Golden Apple Archipelago content last summer? That's when they introduced the boat and waypoint mechanics.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I assume you didn't play the Golden Apple Archipelago content last summer? That's when they introduced the boat and waypoint mechanics.
i don't remember I also thought you couldn't because when you enter at the beginning of inazuma the guards wouldn't let you go anywhere else and I thought the same thing would happen with the next city, i took the teleports before delivering the letter.

Pejo

Coincidentally this is the "big spoiler don't read" spoiler I posted a few pages back. I still kinda wish I hadn't read it. Pretty huge spoiler from a story perspective.

Stay in evernight or whatever the hell is it called.

Wut?
I've been in evernight to talk to the sins (ghosts). I found the one island that isn't marked on the map that had one of the books, I'm assuming there are a few more of those connected by the warp holes. I'll keep looking for a bit before going to a guide.

Also, I think he meant Archon, not Anchor.
No natlan should be south/latin america and sumeru desert/forest
Yea Sumeru is supposed to be India/middle east I think.

street-full-of-people-very-colorful-advertising-signs-electric-cables-picture-id1177932285

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz
I just started playing today so apologies for the newb questions. Amazing production values, holy Buddha.

I received several exp boosts at the beginning--should I use them now on my main or wait for a full party? '

I received several exp boosts at the beginning--should I use them now on my main or wait for a full party? '
You should level all of your characters to 20, and then ascend them for the free wish this grants. Beyond that, you can level up your most used characters to lvl 50 without a worry. It's only after that that it becomes really expensive and potentially not worth it.

You should level all of your characters to 20, and then ascend them for the free wish this grants. Beyond that, you can level up your most used characters to lvl 50 without a worry. It's only after that that it becomes really expensive and potentially n
Okay, I'll wait until I have a full party. Thanks!

Pejo

You'll receive and spend countless xp books throughout the game. You don't really level characters by combat in Genshin, so you literally can't waste them. They become a farmable resource eventually and you get a ton in chests and through quests.

The only things to save and hoard until you understand them better are Primogems and pink wishes. Everything else is free to use.

Make sure you read the OP, it has a ton of good info and is still mostly relevant to this day.

deanote666

Have you guys found all 5 Enka books yet? I found 3/5, and I'm trying to not use a guide. I pretty much ran out of exploration areas though, not sure what i'm missing.

What do you mean?
I found all 5 but didn't keep track of what I found where.

Most were found when doing other side quests.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well before it left, I went back into the 2nd challenge of the potions event and did a proper run with a good score. The frustrating thing about the event is that they expect your first run to kinda suck and then you have to go back and do it for real for the higher end rewards. The thing is, it's not compelling or interesting enough to do more than once for most people, so nobody wants to do it for a pisser of a reward like 3 xp books or 20k mora. It's extremely important to plan out a route with your strongest team having the hardest enemy layouts, and even then you can't judge the layout properly just from the screen that shows which enemies will spawn. For instance I took Venti into one of the ones that had a bunch of small hilichurls shown, thinking i'd use the succ to gather them and then explode them with Electro Charged Childe. He ended up being useless though because they only spawn 2 at a time instead of all at once, which ruined the advantage of his elemental burst. That was my 3rd encounter out of 4, so when I hit that, I got a shit score and it ruined the whole run.

Anyways, long way to say that I'll be giving the event a bad score on the survey. I like the idea of battle events that you can use trial characters and your own characters, but the flow of this one was just shit. I did get all the rewards finally though other than those ore for the 18k score. My heart broke when I got 17,983 on the one and I said "fuck you game".

Windtrace, man they really expect us to grind this out. I feel that 3.5 minutes per match is just too long if we need to get >3000 coins for the whole event. This would be a great mode to add in to play just for fun, but I don't like being forced to grind it for rewards.

*edit*

We got skeleton data for the upcoming new characters:
kVSnuqw6jGuK6mmEqSAjS9QgVPu9LC39pp4Oho7LloQ.jpg

This means Yelan is the tall woman model, Heizou is the teen male character (Benny/Razor/Chongus sized), Kuki is teen girl (Fischl, Xiangling), and Ayato is tall male (Zhongli, Diluc).

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
For instance I took Venti into one of the ones that had a bunch of small hilichurls shown, thinking i'd use the succ to gather them and then explode them with Electro Charged Childe. He ended up being useless though because they only spawn 2 at a time instead of all at once, which ruined the advantage of his elemental burst
Ah, same.
Fuck that shit, I got my primos and noped out.
Probably the worst event we've ever had, since you have to redo ALL the fucking stages if you want to improve.
Windtrace, man they really expect us to grind this out
Windtrace is fun as fuck and you need TWO RUNS to max the coins. Edit: 2 daily, of course.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
TWO RUNS to max the coins
As long as you win... ;_;

Just gave the game a try on mobile instead of ps5 for once. How do people play this? It doesn't even have controller support on android.
Been android only user since September 2020.

You get used to it.
Yeah, can confirm. This is nothing.

PS Remote play is real hard/impossible mode.

Mobile is doable if you never knew better/used to Mobile gaming/casual gamer. One of my coop partners is a mobile only player. AR56, WL8. No sweat.

2 words. Pull Cocogoat.

Fuz

Banned

HOARD everything until you understand what you're doing. Especially: never buy blue wishes with primogems. You can buy blue wishes with Stardust, don't buy them with starglitter until you understand what you're doing. Use all your resin daily if you can, and use it to farm materials/world bosses and not to farm artifacts until you can do it at the highest difficulty (world level 40-45 iirc). Always do the 4 daily commissions (quests) and report back to Katheryne in the city guild. Don't go overboard leveling characters, weapons and artifacts until you understand what you're doing and what you're using and what it's better to save for later.

HOARD.

Well before it left, I went back into the 2nd challenge of the potions event and did a proper run with a good score.

I like the idea of battle events that you can use trial characters and your own characters, but the flow of this one was just shit. I did get all the rewards finally though other than those ore for the 18k score.
I agree entirely. I did the same to get the last 20k mora and gave up on the crystals. I felt like I was being punished for not owning certain characters, which greatly limited the order I could challenge these stages in. As you mentioned it's hard to estimate what kind of fight it's going to be beforehand, which makes picking potions difficult as well.

Windtrace, man they really expect us to grind this out. This would be a great mode to add in to play just for fun, but I don't like being forced to grind it for rewards.
I doubt many people would play it if there weren't any rewards. I know I wouldn't. Maybe I'm just bad at it, but most of the match you're just waiting in a corner for it to end. There's short bursts of excitement when the favor comes down, but otherwise it's usually kinda boring to me.

This means Yelan is the tall woman model, Heizou is the teen male character (Benny/Razor/Chongus sized), Kuki is teen girl (Fischl, Xiangling), and Ayato is tall male (Zhongli, Diluc).
Yelan is form Liyue I assume, the rest from Inazuma. No Sumeru in sight. I wonder if some of these are 4 stars.

deanote666

so nobody wants to do it for a pisser of a reward like 3 xp books or 20k mora.
Me running leylines since I'm out of xp books and under 200k mora trying to level up talents.
Windtrace, man they really expect us to grind this out. I feel that 3.5 minutes per match is just too long if we need to get >3000 coins for the whole event. This would be a great mode to add in to play just for fun, but I don't like being forced to grind it for rewards.

It's only a few runs a day. Max coins goes up each day so you can't get 3000 coins right now even if you wanted to.

Pejo

Grain of salt time. Sounds like they went with Hydro Itto for Ayato:

96aln5bks0c81.png

i2284peks0c81.png

It took a while for me to get through the machine translation, but from the sounds of it, he's a Hydro main DPS character and his kit actually sounds very active and kinda fun.

Also, it seems that they may have scrapped the Japanese Naval Captain vibe and gone with an Onmyo priest design.

Last edited:
Can they stop with the taunting mascots? Geez, these guys lack imagination if that's all they can come up with. At least Ayato has a press and hold version, but it's getting boring with how similar these skills are. I welcome more hydro characters though, as they're greatly lacking currently.

Easy skip for me though, waifu over meta any day.

Pejo

Can they stop with the taunting mascots? Geez, these guys lack imagination if that's all they can come up with. At least Ayato has a press and hold version, but it's getting boring with how similar these skills are. I welcome more hydro characters though, as they're greatly lacking currently.

This is my biggest peeve with the game currently. They have literally endless possibilities with gameplay, but other than with Anemo characters, we always get a mashup of existing character kits instead of something new and fun.

Shenhe is just a weaker Rosaria with some buffs/resistance shred added in and worse damage.
Itto is Amber taunt + Noelle burst

Where are the new character kits? Why is it so hard to make something that they haven't already done before?

Fake

I was talking the same thing previous page.

The lack of imagination will eat Genshin Impact alive this year. So much games getting release this year.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
My god...I'm never touching that stupid fog island again. What a dumb counter-intuitive mechanic(want to explore? No you can't!) and annoying quest, and those new wolf applying corrosion without even hitting my characters didn't help. I basically ignore them, theres no reason to figth them.
If this is the kind of the ideas they have for the future, then I'm glad a tons of new games are planning for this year.

Last edited:

deanote666

Shenhe is just a weaker Rosaria with some buffs/resistance shred added in and worse damage.
Itto is Amber taunt + Noelle burst
I haven't raised my Rosaria but my Shenhe is doing decent numbers. C1 helps so she can take advantage of her own buff (I think it affects herself as well). 2573 attack 67.6 CC, 121.5% CD, 73.6% Cryo damage bonus.

Still working on raising talents. Currently at 7/7/7.

Pejo

I haven't raised my Rosaria but my Shenhe is doing decent numbers. C1 helps so she can take advantage of her own buff (I think it affects herself as well). 2573 attack 67.6 CC, 121.5% CD, 73.6% Cryo damage bonus.

Still working on raising talents. Currently at 7/7/7.
Are you using her as off-field cryo applicator or as a main dps? I've tried both, and she's decent off field, but she gets mogged by Rosaria for a physical dps or in permafreeze teams.

*edit*

Got the rest of the quest you were talking about today Fuz Fuz - So that's how I was supposed to get in there. That was a great quest though, even had a domain and everything.

Is there anything left to do after The fatui chick permanently becomes Gendou after you coax her back at the dock?

Last edited:

Fake

IDK about Shenhe, but after that 4* spear from fishing Rosaria became a decent burster.

Shenhe probably have better cons than Rosaria. Still amaze me how Rosaria last con is dissapoint.

Pejo

IDK about Shenhe, but after that 4* spear from fishing Rosaria became a decent burster.

Shenhe probably have better cons than Rosaria. Still amaze me how Rosaria last con is dissapoint.
I like Rosaria's last Constellation. It enables her to run as a perma-freeze physical DPS. Sucks if you use her off-field for the cryo application though, I admit.

Top Bottom