• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley: One Game Awards reveal ‘has been in the works for 2.5 years’

He spoilered a Microsoft event and even made fun of it when he was asked about it:

He never spoilered PlayStation stuff although he knows a lot of stuff.

He often gossips about Xbox and Game Pass, here an example:

He praises Sony and Playstation all the time, he even had a role in a Sony game.

And although he officially has has no influence, i think some nominations and deadlines are questionable.

to be honest, everyone was a sony fanboy last generation. it was more to do with the fact that sony was delivering whilst microsoft werent. alot of the media outlets were the same. xbox fans would take it as fanboyism when its nothing more than genuine excitement and hype. truth is there has been a whole lot more to praise about sony, particularly during the ps4 era than that has about microsoft. the xbox one era was a genuine shitshow.

Last edited:

Tommi84

tenor.gif
oJtyqhr.jpg

I can respect that. Can't say I agree with you on the Hassan shit though :D

MAtgS

No.
For the biggest Japanese 3rd party game, Monster Hunter franchise has already taking the throne from Final Fantasy.

Multiplatform
MHW(2018) - 17M
FFXV(2016) - 9M

Exclusive
MHR(2021) - 7.5M
FF7R(2020) - 5M
And FFXIV has 25 million players, funny how you omitted that.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
🎶One night with Keighley and the world's your oyster
The consoles are powerful but the games ain't free
You'll find an exclusive in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky the exclusives you'll see and I can feel a Keighley sliding up to me 🎶

And FFXIV has 25 million players, funny how you omitted that.

And the last main entry game sold like 10M copies. It's the 2nd or 3rd biggest FF game ever.
Plus...the remake for FFVII was also a huge success.

Final Fantasy as a brand was never as strong as right now. People need to remove the nostalgia glasses sometimes. Even stuff like FFVIII sold like 7M copies at best. FFIX (the best one for me) i don't think it even reached 6M.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Cant wait for a cg trailer for a game that we wont be able to play for another 5 years, thats like all these fucking events at this point

Top Bottom