• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley: One Game Awards reveal ‘has been in the works for 2.5 years’

Barakov

Gold Member

In a tweet published on Sunday, Keighley said that he visited the developer in the Summer of 2019 and that this was the last time he visited studios around the world.

There's only one game it can be and it's Sneak King 2, baby.
vYWVVYM.jpg

The Skull

Not falling for this after watching one of these waiting for Elden Ring. I like Geoff but these awards are a complete shit show.

UnNamed

Banned
I would say something from this list:

Since many games are developed for more than 2 years, I would say a Crysis 4 would fit perfectly after Hunt Shodown from 2018.

T0minator

I'd love to see it, but seems unlikely for Sony to give away guaranteed headliners of whatever showcase they plan to do next to VGA.
If Sony is doing their own event I'm thinking it'll be announced with the next week or 2. That would be awesome. Maybe this week... We'll most likely get some leaks this week for three game awards

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Got to be something massive for this degree of hype.

Something along the lines of Bioshock 4 or that mythical Silent Hill remake.

carlosrox

Banned
How does this even make any sense?

It's not like they're making the game for TGA, nor the trailer.

He's making it sound like they're developing the game (or the trailer) just for him or something lol.

mortal

Gold Member
I swear this dude will hype up just about anything.
I'm sure there will be reveals that have been in development for 3.5 years, and others reveals that are just entering full production.
It's such a random thing to hype up.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Could be

Last of us 1 remake
Bend studios new project
Machine head new game
Roundhouse studios new game

By ''in the works'' he meant that they planned to unveil the game at the 2019's show but then they canceled the announcement two times in a row and but this time they'll be able to present it this year, right?
Generating hype over nothing.

Elios83

I think it will be an interesting show this year because many projects have been under wraps for long and it's time publishers start to announce things in the 2022-2023 release window.
Really looking forward to see the Sony and Square Enix trailers ( if the Chrono Cross remaster is announced and released during December it will be my personal christmas gift).
Also the next Bioshock is rumored to be announced there and Harry Potter might have a new trailer as well.

There's only one game it can be and it's Sneak King 2, baby.
vYWVVYM.jpg
I hope the first game is included as it's not back compatable. None of the Burger King games made the back compat list. :(

Also hope this is a brand spanking new announcement not connected to any books, movies, tv shows, other games, no sequels, just something NEW.

Last edited:
What evidence is there that he is a Sony fanboy? Please don't say the game awards.
He spoilered a Microsoft event and even made fun of it when he was asked about it:

He never spoilered PlayStation stuff although he knows a lot of stuff.

He often gossips about Xbox and Game Pass, here an example:

He praises Sony and Playstation all the time, he even had a role in a Sony game.

And although he officially has has no influence, i think some nominations and deadlines are questionable.

Ellery

As always looking forward to it, but my expectations run wild anyway and I am usually pretty far off with my hopes/guesses for what will be revealed, but to be fair (for many reasons. especially external reasons) they just don't have that much to show.

Hoping to see some games here and there that have already been announced so we know they are still in development and might get a release date.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So Geoff's first email about a game reveal was 2.5 years ago.

Game took longer to get off the ground/be in a reveal state than expected.

Geoff than tweets this "2.5 years" nonsense, because "working with" someone for 2.5 years on showing a video at a show is nonsense lol

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And although he officially has has no influence, i think some nominations and deadlines are questionable.
The show has always had those deadlines. Cyberpunk's delay cost them a nomination last year. Smash's December release meant it was nominated a year later. If Halo is really that great, it will be nominated next year.

This has been the show's rules since its revival by Geoff a few years ago. He's not changing rules on a yearly basis because MS delayed Halo by a full year.

Calling Keighley an MS fanboy when he staged a huge surprise XSX reveal just a couple of years ago at the VGAs is insane. He had Cerny and Herman Hurst seated right in front of Phil while he revealed the XSX and Hellblade to the world. Step out of your bubble every now and then. It will bring some perspective.

So Geoff's first email about a game reveal was 2.5 years ago.

Game took longer to get off the ground/be in a reveal state than expected.

Geoff than tweets this "2.5 years" nonsense, because "working with" someone for 2.5 years on showing a video at a show is nonsense lol
Didn’t the Silent Hill reveal rumors start about 2.5 years ago, everyone kept expecting it at events, and the goal post kept getting moved until now?

Top Bottom