• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George R.R. Martin's Blogpost Thoughts on Elden Ring

Marvel14

Banned
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Got is overated as hell

It's hard to get into. I'll give you that. Many characters and storylines to get your head around.

But once you do it's pretty excellent....

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Name a better fantasy show in the last 10 years
for me The Dark Tower ( the movie sucks ) by King is the best fantasy world i ever read by far, sadly for me its not a show yet

I watched the first two seassons of GoT and i did read the first book, but imo GoT got lost in so much politics, i was expecting a lot less politics and a lot more "fantastical" shit.

Its not a bad show, its just overated imo and The Witcher is a fantasy show that i liked way more than GoT.

Last edited:

NT80

for me The Dark Tower ( the movie sucks ) by King is the best fantasy world i ever read by far, sadly for me its not a show yet

I watched the first two seassons of GoT and i did read the first book, but imo GoT got lost in so much politics, i was expecting a lot less politics and a lot more "fantastical" shit.

Its not a bad show, its just overated imo and The Witcher is a fantasy show that i liked way more than GoT.
It's personal opinion. I've read the Dark Tower books, some of the Witcher books and some of the graphic novels of both. I liked them but don't think there anywhere near as good as the GOT/Song of Ice and Fire books. Having read a lot of fantasy over the years I think Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy is the next best and would like to see a TV series adaptation of that. Lord of the Rings was the best at creating fantasy lore.

I bet you haven't even read LOTR or Fire & Ice have you? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
What does that mean if I don't have read the books and only saw the movies I am not allowed to have an opinion? But song of fire and ice I had them before they were cool and yes Lotr I saw only the movies. That does not discredit my opinion or makes yours better. And put that awkward smile and your bet in your ass 😂🤣(these are better smilies)

Mozzarella

Based on what i've seen from the Network test, it seems like George R Martin is simply a marketing tool for the game, i want when i play the game and find a piece of lore i want to go: "Yep, that's George R Martin, right there!"

There's no way he's finishing the books guys. He'll write 2 elden ring sequels, a space series, and a reboot of his old beauty and the beast tv show before that happens

NT80

Based on what i've seen from the Network test, it seems like George R Martin is simply a marketing tool for the game, i want when i play the game and find a piece of lore i want to go: "Yep, that's George R Martin, right there!"
But your not going to be able to explore the story in a network test.

Mozzarella

But your not going to be able to explore the story in a network test.
Sure which is why im excited to explore it when it releases, i just hoped to see that different touch in the game, the different flavor that we can easily examine and point at. I'm not really big fan of George R Martin, i just want to see what things he did contribute to, because after the videos i saw nothing of that.

Filben

Wonder how much money he got for writing only God knows how many sentences for Elden Ring and for From Software to write "in collaboration with GRRM" in every trailer and on any piece of text related to Elden Ring.

Top Bottom