• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German TOP20 Best Selling Games March 2022

ethomaz

Banned
game_Charts_2022-03_PCKonsole_DE-1086x1536-1.jpg

Plus GT7 got Platinum Award in March (>200k) and GTA Trilogy got Gold Award (>100k).

game_Sales_Award_2022-03_Visual_Website_Gran_Turismo_7_Platin_16x9.jpg

game_Sales_Award_2022-03_Visual_Website_Grand_Theft_Auto_The_Trilogy_The_Definitive-Edition_Gold_16x9.jpg

Last edited:
These numbers are for physical copies only, so they don't include most or even all PC sales depending on the game in question. For Elden Ring that's probably around 40% of the total sales, so there's a pretty good chance that it would actually take the top spot if it weren't for that.

These numbers are for physical copies only, so they don't include most or even all PC sales depending on the game in question. For Elden Ring that's probably around 40% of the total sales, so there's a pretty good chance that it would actually take the top spot if it weren't for that.

I don’t think so, thers also a significant digital footprint on playstation as well.

ethomaz

Banned
If I remember correctly Chirs said GT7 is top German March even with digital included… or it was Italy… well is more than one country where GT7 sold more than Elden Ring in Europe last month.

Overall in Europe Elden Ring was ahead.

Last edited:

reksveks

If I remember correctly Chirs said GT7 is top German March even with digital included… or it was Italy… well is more than one country where GT7 sold more than Elden Ring in Europe last month.

Overall in Europe Elden Ring was ahead.

I think PC pull Elden Ring ahead more specifically in Germany.

On topic, GT7 doing very well. It will be big numbers when they share the sales data in 3 weeks time.

Robb

Gold Member
Wouldn’t have guessed that half of the top 20 would be Nintendo games. Didn’t think Nintendo was all that popular in Germany for whatever reason.

I think PC pull Elden Ring ahead more specifically in Germany.

On topic, GT7 doing very well. It will be big numbers when they share the sales data in 3 weeks time.

Elden Ring was #1 in Germany. Was specifically mentioned.
Was a big surprise to me, as Racing games are huge in Germany.

Elden Ring was the best-selling game in UK and Germany, whereas GT7 took No.1 in France, Spain and Italy.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Zelda BotW a game from 2017 still there but Halo Infinite from 5 month ago nowhere to be seen

angry-joe.gif
Hey now - you need to check those expectations. They only had six years, a rumoured USD$500m budget, a decade of Bungie games to show them how to do it, the power of Microsoft's premier franchise, a staff of over 500 people, and a galaxy of high quality support studios. You can't expect them to make a good game that sells well with such limited resources!

SLB1904

Banned
Glad to see Gran Turismo 7 doing numbers its a great game, despite how much some people wanted to bury it
Gran turismo doing great in Europe is a moot point. You would think gt sport arguably the ugly duck of the gt series(my favorite gt after gt7) charted till last year was a hint but nope.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Gran turismo is absolutely killing it and it is so good to see. Racing games beating out these massive action games when people said racing is dead.

Horizon, really does not seem to be doing that well.

tommib

Hey now - you need to check those expectations. They only had six years, a rumoured USD$500m budget, a decade of Bungie games to show them how to do it, the power of Microsoft's premier franchise, a staff of over 500 people, and a galaxy of high quality support studios. You can't expect them to make a good game that sells well with such limited resources!
And still no co-op. I always play halo co-op with a friend back in Portugal. It’s a tradition. But no luck. I was going to do it via xcloud since I sold my S. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Meanwhile, we tried co-op in Returnal and it’s glorious but the bosses seem to be even in harder. It’s like they double the health which is a bit unfair I would say.

Woopah

13 of the Top 20 are exclusives, shows how important they really are.

Instead of having a thread for every country, I could create monthly sales threads for all the European charts. Would people be interested in that?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What nonsense? Horizon is doing great, especially considering that basically everyone is waiting for the ps5 and buy the game there.

So it's not selling....because people are waiting to buy a ps5 to buy it?

That seems crazy to me, there's still like 20 million ps5s out there.

So what, people buy it in a year? 2 years when it's heavily discounted and like a quarter of its price?

I just don't think its doing anywhere near as well as the original did. Maybe once it comes to pc and its heavily on sale and more ps5s have been sold it will really sell, like you have said.

SLB1904

Banned
13 of the Top 20 are exclusives, shows how important they really are.

Instead of having a thread for every country, I could create monthly sales threads for all the European charts. Would people be interested in that?
Nah. Europe isn't a country

Dolodolo

So it's not selling....because people are waiting to buy a ps5 to buy it?

That seems crazy to me, there's still like 20 million ps5s out there.

So what, people buy it in a year? 2 years when it's heavily discounted and like a quarter of its price?

I just don't think its doing anywhere near as well as the original did. Maybe once it comes to pc and its heavily on sale and more ps5s have been sold it will really sell, like you have said.
You don't know the sales figures.
He will be just like Miles Morales.

That is, to increase sales with each new batch of consoles brought.

This game has been in the top 10 for two consecutive months across Europe and the US (NPD rating will be published on April 21), but you keep saying that it is not selling very well.
It may not have become the fastest selling game like Tsushima, but Sucker Punch had 100 million users.

And let's not write me this garbage now about the fact that the sequel also has 100 million Ps4, knowing that this audience is already almost dead, and they will not buy anything much, except for Fifa, Call Of Duty, or wait for big discounts, which cannot be said about Ps5 users.

And stop carrying this garbage about the PC.

How many copies have been sold on Steam Horizon Zero Dawn? 1 million? 2 million?

Those are funny numbers.

Gran turismo is absolutely killing it and it is so good to see. Racing games beating out these massive action games when people said racing is dead.

Horizon, really does not seem to be doing that well.
Horizon like most PS5 games will always go back up when more PS5 stock happens. Miles Morales, Ratchet, etc...that's what always happens.

reksveks

NPD rating will be published on April 21
NPD is now the 26th April.

Re Horizon, multiple things can be true. HFW performing worse than GT7 (which is the same situation as HFW aka Cross Gen game), Horizon and GT7 will get a boost with every PS5 batch (I so wonder how many games this can really apply to at the same time). Horizon selling more in the long term.

My personal opinion is that ER might have taken some short term sales and revenue from Horizon FW, they will probably make back the units but at a lower ARPU (relative to a world without ER)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I for one like those other countries sales threads.

Get enought of people thinking the world is just about UK and US.

Pretty happy to find Elden Ring on second. And cuddles for Triangle Strategy as well.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You don't know the sales figures.
He will be just like Miles Morales.

That is, to increase sales with each new batch of consoles brought.

This game has been in the top 10 for two consecutive months across Europe and the US (NPD rating will be published on April 21), but you keep saying that it is not selling very well.
It may not have become the fastest selling game like Tsushima, but Sucker Punch had 100 million users.

And let's not write me this garbage now about the fact that the sequel also has 100 million Ps4, knowing that this audience is already almost dead, and they will not buy anything much, except for Fifa, Call Of Duty, or wait for big discounts, which cannot be said about Ps5 users.

And stop carrying this garbage about the PC.

How many copies have been sold on Steam Horizon Zero Dawn? 1 million? 2 million?

Those are funny numbers.

Why aren't the ps4 fan base buying games? I don't get that point. So every single playstation user is waiting for a ps5? I feel if people really wanted the game they would be buying it where they can. The game is definitely doing fine but it's not like its a hit, that's all I'm saying.
Horizon like most PS5 games will always go back up when more PS5 stock happens. Miles Morales, Ratchet, etc...that's what always happens.
Well I'm sure it will see some sales, but we aren't hearing anything about demons souls or ratchet, especially ratchet and that game is at almost bargain bin pricing in the UK especially second hand and taking one look at cex in the UK and stores are rammed with copies of ratchet and horizon. My local which is in a town had like 12 copies of each when I went in last.
They know, it's just concern trolling from the same people

It's not though, Sony were always proud to shout about sales numbers of their first party ips and we haven't heard anything much this gen about their big first party games. It all seemed to slow down after last of us 2. They've been proud of games like the first horizon and ghost of taushima as new ip but we haven't heard any real update on last of us 2 or anything about forbidden west at all.

Last edited:

Dolodolo

It's not though, Sony were always proud to shout about sales numbers of their first party ips and we haven't heard anything much this gen about their big first party games. It all seemed to slow down after last of us 2. They've been proud of games like the first horizon and ghost of taushima as new ip but we haven't heard any real update on last of us 2 or anything about forbidden west at all.
What sales was she proud of?
What do you want them to say?
That the second Horizon did not become the fastest selling IP?
It's obvious
I can't explain ten times why this is obvious.
And yes, Ratchet's figures, Returnal and so on, were announced on the financial report.
Maybe you can wait for him? It comes out on May 10th.

Stop acting like a fool when it suits you

Dolodolo

Why aren't the ps4 fan base buying games. I don't get that point. So every single playstation user is waiting for a ps5? I feel if people really wanted the game they would be buying it where they can. The game is definitely doing fine but it's not like its a hit, that's all I'm saying.

Go read the tweets by Matt Piscaletta and Christopher Dring. They will explain to you on their fingers why each new generation takes the old into oblivion, and why the most active people buy games on new equipment. One analyst is responsible for UK and European sales figures. The other is for the US market.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What sales was she proud of?
What do you want them to say?
That the second Horizon did not become the fastest selling IP?
It's obvious
I can't explain ten times why this is obvious.
And yes, Ratchet's figures, Returnal and so on, were announced on the financial report.
Maybe you can wait for him? It comes out on May 10th.

Stop acting like a fool when it suits you

Go read the tweets by Matt Piscaletta and Christopher Dring. They will explain to you on their fingers why each new generation takes the old into oblivion, and why the most active people buy games on new equipment. One analyst is responsible for UK and European sales figures. The other is for the US market.

OK, interested to see how it goes in May. I would imagine it's done a few million, between 4 to 6 million which js pretty good I suppose. If taking into account ps4 and ps5.

Wohc

Banned
Why aren't the ps4 fan base buying games? I don't get that point. So every single playstation user is waiting for a ps5? I feel if people really wanted the game they would be buying it where they can. The game is definitely doing fine but it's not like its a hit, that's all I'm saying.
The hardcore fanbase and gamers already have a PS5. The casuals stick with the PS4 as long as they can get crossgen games and casuals are mostly not too excited about exclusives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom