• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany hate crime: Nearly 10 attacks a day on migrants in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, crime is a crime... what to me is the issue is the Goverments (in this case Germanys) failure to provide proper infrastructure and an ability to provide support, this will almost always lead to social tensions, and if reports are to be believed a lot of these migrants are already going home as the life they hoped for is not materialising . If the German government wanted this policy they should of made provisions to cope with it

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Xando

You think Germany is coping?
Not sure what you understand under coping but absorbing 1.2 million people within 1 1/2 years and having a record high surplus while being the fastest growing G7 economy seems pretty good.

You think germany is in some kind of turmoil? Stop reading the daily mail and the express.

kcp12304

Banned
I saw a similar internet comment elsewhere after the recent Quebec terrorist attack on their mosque. Dude was saying that: yeah, that's just what you get when the government pushes mass migration of Muslims on people and push them to the limit where they snap (paraphrasing).

1. It's not the government's fault you snapped
2. You wouldn't give immigrants an excuse if they did this
3. The social tension is made worse by people's fears and xenophobia
4. Anger and fear is not an excuse. Especially when it's way too disproportionate.

It's like an abusive husband screaming "you made me hit you" after he beats his wife

You think Germany is coping?

Yes, pretty much.

The refugee crisis was overloading our infrastructure when it was in full force for sure - but we're way past that. And it wasn't as bad as some people (i dunno, the AfD maybe) want to make you believe. But it's easy to instrumentalize, we all know that.

Also, you're not differentiating between immigrants and refugees. We had to take a lot of the latter, what caused the problems for a while, because it was sudden.

Maybe you're gonna tell me how we're not coping if you're so convinced of it? Because last time I checked, it seemed like we're just having the normal little problems every country has that allows immigration, no catastrophe taking place. Hell, I probably know our crime statistics by the BKA of the last two years in and out by know, because I have to explain it every time to people like you who don't bother to do some research themselves and assume what they want to assume.

TCRS

Banned
Not sure what you understand under coping but absorbing 1.2 million people within 1 1/2 years and having a record high surplus and being the fastest growing G7 economy seems pretty good.

You think germany is in some kind of turmoil? Stop reading the daily mail and the express.
The only reason Germany has been able to absorb those people is because of the currently good economy. The burden will be felt when times are not so good and then people will rightfully ask why the heck we imported millions of undereducated people. And no, those two syrian doctors and engineers are not going to save the german economy.

And then tensions will be felt.

Xando

The only reason Germany has been able to absorb those people is because of the currently good economy. The burden will be felt when times are not so good and then people will rightfully ask why the heck we imported millions of undereducated people. And no, those two syrian doctors and engineers are not going to save the german economy.

While i partly agree the issue would not be the people we have accepted but our government over the past years going to deep into austerity.

The CDU and the rest of the right will of course use refugees as a scapegoat but the failure of investment in education and infrastructure has nothing to do with the refugees.
Well the elections are coming, and I predict the immigration policy will dominate the election
If we look at the current polls 85-92% of the german vote will go towards continuation of Merkels policy or opening up even more.

Nice try though

I dunno about you, but I certainly remember that we didn't "import" them, but took them in because their country was getting bombed to ash. The concept of "refugee" also entails being sent back when the country of origin is safe enough again, you know?
But go on, whine about how people fleeing for their lifes from a war the EU certainly has some responsibility for are ruining countries.
I'll take that bit of humanitarianism in exchange for a potentially slightly worse economy, thank you.

Raonak

Banned
Every kind of evolution causes tension to existing systems, but humans are damn good at adapting.
In terms of immigration, i think short-term pain is more than worth it for the long-term success of the human species.

Well the elections are coming, and I predict the immigration policy will dominate the election

Sorry to have to break it to you, but right now the parties that are even more for an open door policy are getting traction. It seems like our government will stay the way it is or move a bit to the left in the election.

Tak3n

Banned
Sorry to have to break it to you, but right now the parties that are even more for an open door policy are getting traction. It seems like our government will stay the way it is or move a bit to the left in the election.

Surprised at that, I read the other day she was proposing a policy to spend 90 million euros on getting the refugees to cancel their asylum application and go home

This massive influx has dominated the political and social debate, and her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) already lost 2 regional elections, including one in her hometown and one in Berlin. Merkel said the result in Berlin was a “bitter” one, that she accepted responsibility for her party’s poor performance and that she needed to do more to explain her policies on migrants.

Gero Neugebauer, a political scientist at Berlin’s Free University, sounded a warning for Merkel. “People will see this as the start of the ‘Kanzlerdämmerung’ (twilight of the Chancellor),” he said. “If a lot of CDU members start seeing this defeat as Merkel’s fault, and members of parliament start seeing her as a danger for the party and their own jobs, the whole situation could escalate out of control.

Reality has set in, Chancellor Merkel is no longer vehemently defending her ‘open-arms’ policy, and has apparently reversed course. Merkel, who is trailing in the polls in her bid for a fourth term, is said to be setting aside 90 million euros ($95.7 million) in taxpayers’ money for a fund which will pay migrants to withdraw their asylum applications and leave Germany voluntarily.

Furthermore, she proposes a financial incentive of 1200 Euros ($1268) to those who withdraw their applications for asylum and go home. “Voluntary departure represents a better way than deportation,” according to Thomas de Maizière, the German interior minister.

http://opslens.com/2017/02/24/angela-merkel-refugees-germany-europe/

I have not heard of this paper FYI

Surprised at that, I read the other day she was proposing a policy to spend 90 million euros on getting the refugees to cancel their asylum application and go home

Regardless of the obvious spin in this article, it's also blatantly false.

Merkel isn't giving 90 million to refugees so they cancel their applications, Merkel invests the 90 million so already rejected refugees get sent back faster and better by investing into return and reintegration programs.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deuts...en-mit-16-punkte-plan-erhoehen-a-1133615.html

It's breathtaking how hard it seems to be for people to inform themselves, but so much easier to tell everyone their uninformed opinions.

On what basis?

This is about refugees whose asylum request was denied or will be denied anyway.

Fakeedit: I'm late on this.

Tak3n

Banned
On what basis?

On the basis that if you stick your head outside of neogaf you will probably not like what you see, for all it strengths neogaf is a hive of left thinking people,

brexit..
Trump.

Most common responses before they happened..... can't happen, won't happen. So I base my view on the feeling that a lot of the developed world is starting to move right, for the time being at least

Tak3n

Banned

Merkel isn't giving 90 million to refugees so they cancel their applications, Merkel invests the 90 million so already rejected refugees get sent back faster and better by investing into return and reintegration programs.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deuts...en-mit-16-punkte-plan-erhoehen-a-1133615.html

It's breathtaking how hard it seems to be for people to inform themselves, but so much easier to tell everyone their uninformed opinions.

I'm sorry but that is the same thing, just worded differently... 90 million to return people who would not of been there had she not had a open arm policy, gloss it how you like.... same policy different wording

On the basis that if you stick your head outside of neogaf you will probably not like what you see, for all it strengths neogaf is a hive of left thinking people, and is continually proved wrong..

brexit..
Trump.

Most common responses before they happened..... can't happen, won't happen. So I base my view on the feeling that a lot of the developed world is starting to move right, for the time being at least

Fair enough. Just for your information: There is no way that the German government moves to the right after this upcoming election ;)

I'm sorry but that is the same thing, just worded differently... 90 million to return people who would not of been there had she not had a open arm policy, gloss it how you like.... same policy different wording

That's just not true. The "open arm policy" was never meant for people that didn't have a right to be accepted as refugees. So obviously their asylum request would have been denied any way.

Tak3n

Banned
Fair enough. Just for your information. There is no way that the German government moves to the right after this upcoming election ;)

I agree with that, my statement was, immigration will dominate the election.... and I stand by it.... it was never Merkel will lose ( well she might) but the party, but immigration will be the dominant issue

I agree with that, my statement was, immigration will dominate the election.... and I stand by it.... it was never Merkel will lose ( well she might) but the party, but immigration will be the dominant issue

I just don't see how it possibly could. There are lots of other issues and immigration isn't a hot topic at all right now. We'd basically need another 1 million refugees to come to Germany within the next couple of months for that to happen.

VKanSQN.gif

No seriously, you are just trolling at this point. You were insinuating that Merkel was somehow bribing refugees to cancel their application, when it was Merkel investing into programs so already rejected refugees have a bigger incentive to return to their home. It's not remotely the same, it's just embarrassing that you want to make it out to be so it doesn't conflict with your uninformed worldview.

Not sure if posting basically as they say "fake news" and insisting on it when already proven wrong is a bannable offense, but I sure hope it is.

Tak3n

Banned

From the same paper you use...

The refugee crisis, though, changed everything. Since the summer of 2015, Merkel has become extremely polarizing, not unlike Hillary Clinton was in the recent U.S. campaign. "There are now people who would rather chop off their hands than vote for Merkel," says one Merkel confidant. When the chancellor was campaigning in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania last summer ahead of elections in the state, she occasionally appeared only in front of hand-picked audiences because her speeches would otherwise have been drowned out by boos and whistles.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...cy-has-merkel-on-the-defensive-a-1134302.html

Tak3n

Banned
VKanSQN.gif

No seriously, you are just trolling at this point. You were insinuating that Merkel was somehow bribing refugees to cancel their application, when it was Merkel investing into programs so already rejected refugees have a bigger incentive to return to their home. It's not remotely the same, it's just embarrassing that you want to make it out to be so it doesn't conflict with your uninformed worldview.

Not sure if posting basically as they say "fake news" and insisting on it when already proven wrong is a bannable offense, but I sure hope it is.

Would she need the 90 million if Germany had operated a proper immigration policy rather than open arms? Whether or not you agree with it, does not change that you are now spending money that could of been avoided. There is a saying in the U.K... the horse has bolted..... this is what this policy is.

We are going around in circles so best leave it there

What are you even on about? That doesn't disprove anything of what I said. Even if this is just you trying to deflect, I'll go along with it anyway.

At the high point of the refugee crisis Germany had some problems. Correct. I said that before. Are there now some people who blame Merkel for it and won't vote for her? Yes. Are all of those who vote AfD now instead (which polls at around 9% btw) because they oppose an open door policy falling for populism and are probably racist shitheads? Yes.

It's especially funny that you took that out of context and want to paint it so that more and more German citizens reject the open door policy, when the article is about Martin Schulz, the SPD candidate, getting more traction. Who is left of Merkels CDU, btw.

Would she need the 90 million if Germany had operated a proper immigration policy rather than open arms? Whether or not you agree with it, does not change that you are now spending money that could of been avoided. There is a saying in the U.K... the horse has bolted..... this is what this policy is.

We are going around in circles so best leave it there

You're deflecting again. Stop deflecting and own up to it when you use biased and false articles to make your point.

Tak3n

Banned
What are you even on about? That doesn't disprove anything of what I said. Even if this is just you trying to deflect, I'll go along with it anyway.

At the high point of the refugee crisis Germany had some problems. Correct. I said that before. Are there now some people who blame Merkel for it and won't vote for her? Yes. Are all of those who vote AfD now instead (which polls at around 9% btw) because they oppose an open door policy falling for populism and are probably racist shitheads? Yes.

It's especially funny that you took that out of context and want to paint it so that more and more German citizens reject the open door policy, when the article is about Martin Schulz, the SPD candidate, getting more traction. Who is left of Merkels CDU, btw.

Don't worry I mis read, I thought it was to response on how immigration will be the hot topic. Not the policy on repatriation

Tak3n

Banned
He voted for the Brexit. What do you expect where these kind of people get their news to come to such dumb decisions? lol

You may not of noticed, it was not just me who voted for brexit you know, on NeoGaf, possibly last one standing, in real world there was a few more, so a lot of dumb people, or not

No, no point going around in circles you made your point I made mine, we can not agree, so just leave it there

You're disagreeing on the basis of false articles. So yeah, sure, we can disagree on that, it just takes away from your ability to have an informed discussion.

Tak3n

Banned
You're disagreeing on the basis of false articles. So yeah, sure, we can disagree on that, it just takes away from your ability to have an informed discussion.

Lol, do you know how many times I have been banned since I said I voted for brexit? lol cmon...neogaf is a hive mentality there is no informed discussion, there is agree with the majority or be set upon until a mod comes in and bans you....I learnt that after my 5th banning...so now I say my point carefully and walk away, discussion of different views has to be done elsewhere....ergo you were also calling for me to be banned a few posts up...so yeah informed discussion....

TIL voting to become independent of the EU to spite everyone else and drive those damn immigrants out = 'something dumb'

oh yeah, it's definitely dumb

Well one side has a lot of dumb people then, only history will tell us which

History has already told us which side was dumb.

And I hate to tell you, but you're on that side mate. But enjoy taking back your country, or whatever the leave side tries to rally their troops around, you've fucked over the youth of Britain for some false narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom