• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF pregnant with our 3rd child...

SteadyEvo

and I believe it will be the death of me. I can't say that having kids is a good or bad thing, it just is what it is. Ups and downs. Sleepless nights. Laughs here, frustration there. The pressure and responsibility of having to care for small human beings unable to do for themselves. Have an 11 and 5 yo at the moment and things were finally settling down. I got my retirement settled and she finished college and makes good money working just 2 days a week. We were planning to move by the beach this summer then this news comes up.

My heart dropped and it feels like there's a cloud over me. It's not as bad as I'm describing but it feels like a death blow. Our 5yo cried and cried and cried. I used to be a regular at the gym, lifting at least 4 days a week. It was my passion. My life's work. My love along with videogames. Then he comes along and the screaming destroyed me. I went from a muscular 205 to, at my lowest, 137. Too nervous to eat or sleep. Awful anxiety, loss of appetite. Honestly believe the experience gave me PTSD. All the while doing the normal day to day things for our oldest, school, meals, etc. Since then I've managed to get my weight up to 160. At least I don't look weak and sickly anymore.

On a positive note our 1st was very quiet. We'd do all the things we normally would, just carried her around. Went out to eat and she's sit quietly in her seat. Was actually enjoyable.

I guess the fear comes from not knowing what to expect. If the child turns out like my son, I'm for sure dead. Like my daughter? Ok, I can manage. I'm trying to focus on the positives here. If it weren't for my family I doubt I'd be financially secure like I am today. At the same time I'm older now and have sacrificed so much for them I'm not sure how much more I have to give. I guess if it get overwhelmed I could go back to the gym. Lifting was therapeutic for me and I miss that routine. I'll end my journal entry here. Please don't beat me down.

Batiman

Banned
I feel you. I only have a 13 year old and I’m always scared I’m gonna knock up the wife again. I can’t imagine going through the baby era again. I loved it before but now that I’m older I worry about everything and a baby will give me serious anxiety nowadays. Then again, your gonna have another kid which is the greatest gift a human could ask for. All the positives make up for the hard negatives. I had my son when I was 21 and wouldn’t change a thing. He grew up with me the best years of my life. I have no energy at my age to deal with a baby and be a “fun” dad.

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight 😀

You’ll be fine. It’ll be easier the third time around. You should be a pro by now

Last edited:
and makes good money working just 2 days a week.
zpjhojL.gif

I wish I could have had children at an earlier age. Probably 24-25, but that's life I suppose.
I had my son when I was 21 and wouldn’t change a thing. He grew up with me the best years of my life.
That's awesome man. I wish I could have had what you had.

Last edited:
lol, I'd totally have another child, I love being a parent. I'm getting a lil long in the tooth for such shenanigans, but if I met someone I really clicked with I'd definitely want to try for another.

SteadyEvo

obvious question: if you didn’t want another kid, what were you putting in place to prevent having another one? did it fail or were you playing dangerous games
Honestly, she's 60 lb heavier than me and basically forced the issue knowing how I felt after our second. And he was born because she "forgot" to take her birth control pills. Should've been a red flag for me. But we both have very high sex drives. We still fuck like we just met. I think she's manipulative but she swears it wasn't done on purpose. This coming after her making comments about wanting a baby every time we'd see a pregnant woman or one with a small child.

Edit: The the guy above, a nurse told me everyone that she's seen with a vasectomy has auto immune disease. Don't know of that's true of not but it scared me.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Honestly, she's 60 lb heavier than me and basically forced the issue knowing how I felt after our second. And he was born because she "forgot" to take her birth control pills. Should've been a red flag for me. But we both have very high sex drives. We still fuck like we just met. I think she's manipulative but she swears it wasn't done on purpose. This coming after her making comments about wanting a baby every time we'd see a pregnant woman or one with a small child.

Edit: The the guy above, a nurse told me everyone that she's seen with a vasectomy has auto immune disease. Don't know of that's true of not but it scared me.

I chuckled at this then I realised I shouldn't laugh because I feel your pain. My first kid (and only one, thankfully for now at least) was a shock to the system I cant imagine anyone can really prepare for. It turned my routine on its head for years, the long sleepless nights from age 2-3 were brutal.

…. I didn’t type that, how did you quote me with something I didn’t say :p
Yeah I noticed that now lol. NeoGAF doesn't allow you to add further quotes or replies to a post once it's been submitted. So I had to use your quote and switch the text and name around.

Peggies

Gold Member

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Wtf? This sounds wrong and weird. Weirdly wrong is what it sounds like.

Can I just ask what this means: "she's 60 lb heavier than me and basically forced the issue knowing how I felt after our second." ?

Die she...like sit on you and forced herself on you? Sorry, maybe I'm lost in translation here.

th4tguy

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Wtf? This sounds wrong and weird. Weirdly wrong is what it sounds like.

Can I just ask what this means: "she's 60 lb heavier than me and basically forced the issue knowing how I felt after our second." ?

Die she...like sit on you and forced herself on you? Sorry, maybe I'm lost in translation here.
1: he’s old enough to retire
2: she just finished college and only works part time
3: not married
4: she surprised him with at least one of the kids on purpose
5: 60 pounds heavier than him so over 200 pounds.

Op is fucked. She’s after his money. She gonna kill him for life insurance next.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Was going to suggest adoption for Cash… sort of what Angelina Jolie does but in reverse. But according to googles lack of info it looks like there might not be a market for 1st world western children unfortunately. assuming that’s the case for you and your gf of course, if your in the third world that kid is worth their weight in gold so fatten them up

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’ve met a lot of retarded nurses in my day and it sounds like you found one too. It‘s obviously not true, it’s one of the most common procedures you can think of. I mean, I feel for ya brother, but if you were somehow forced into this, there’s something seriously wrong here

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Sorry to ask this, but why are you still with her?

Unless I'm misunderstanding here, because she's bigger than you, she rides you like Seabiscuit until you blast your load inside her. She then claims to take the pill, but then "forgets" so she can get pregnant?!

You also said she was manipulating you.

Mate, get out of that relationship. You'll always be unhappy and unless you have the snip, she'll get pregnant again.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Auto immune disease? What kind of hospital are you attending to?

That story looks made up at best, if not... Damn son :/

GHG

Gold Member
Well what did you think would happen if you raw dogged your missus? PTSD. Gimmie a break.

I love the bluntness of this post but it's correct.

If you've been through it and had no desire to go through it again then you need to take measures. One of my mates got the snip recently because they ended up having an additional unplanned child, it is what it is.

Oh, and get back to the gym. It will do you good.

Quasicat

Bruh that's why I got a vasectomy after my two. I love them, but two was always the plan and that's that.
Same! That procedure sucked, but a couple of days in bed sleeping it off and it’s all good. Plus, my insurance paid for the whole thing and it was priceless seeing the face of the office receptionist when I handed her my sample in a brown paper bag a few weeks later! 😉

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm totally against abortions so am happy OP seems to be manned up about it. Sure your plans changes but that's life.
DwDC50s.jpg

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Well what did you think would happen if you raw dogged your missus? PTSD. Gimmie a break.
This. You guys understand what contraceptives are? And I’m not talking about pills, but this thing you put inside a vagina - much safer than a contraceptive.

nush

Gold Member
This. You guys understand what contraceptives are? And I’m not talking about pills, but this thing you put inside a vagina - much safer than a contraceptive.

What I've learned is that sex education is wildly different and possibly non existent in certain parts of the world. At the same time these guy become super aware of the consequences of not using any protection right after they get her pregnant because of an "Accident".

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nothing more depressing or pathetic than a dude weighing the world down with more human beings that he clearly never wanted, and then whining about it.

Maybe put up for adoption? Lots of people out there desperate for children who actually want them. Or , if you both want it, get an abortion.

And learn how to use contraceptives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom