• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima 2 for PS5 Seemingly Leaked

Airbus Jr

Banned

Ghost of Tsushima 2 for PS5 Seemingly Leaked​

By TYLER FISCHER - June 21, 2022 10:59 am EDT

It looks like Sucker Punch Productions is working on Ghost of Tsushima. Amid rumors that Sly Cooper is coming back, it looks like even if these rumors are true, it's not going to be via Sucker Punch, the original developer behind the series. Why? Because it looks like the studio is working on a sequel to its 2020 hit, Ghost of Tsushima, and it's known to be a one-game studio. The samurai game both sold well and reviewed well, so it's not very surprising to see that it's seemingly getting a sequel

Scuttlebutt of a follow-up comes courtesy of a new job listing for the game for an encounter designer, which notes it's looking for someone who can "deliver interesting and varied encounters in an open-world game, with a particular focus on melee combat and stealth." In other words, Sucker Punch Productions is working on an open-world stealth game with melee combat. Sounds like Ghost of Tsushima 2. Meanwhile, other job listings at the studio mention the team is seeking applicants who are familiar wth the systems of its previous games. Again, sounds like Ghost of Tsushima 2.

For now, take all of this speculation with a grain of salt, but it's unclear what else there is to make of the language used in the various job listings. Is this bad news for Sly Cooper fans? Probably not, as that project would likely be farmed out to another team if it did exist. In other words, there's still hope Sly Cooper has an immediate future.

Ghost of Tsushima is available via the PS4 and the PS5. For more coverage on the game and all things PlayStation, click here. Meanwhile, if you want to read more about the first game and why it's so good and seemingly about to birth a new series for PlayStation, check out our official review of the title.

"It's difficult to stay on task in Ghost of Tsushima. Whether you're liberating a settlement or tracking down your next worthy opponent for a duel, there's always something to distract you be it a cry for help or an animal intent on showing you Tsushima's secrets," reads the opening of our review of the game. "Distractions like those are common in open-world games, but in Ghost of Tsushima, they're implemented with a depth that's difficult to come across elsewhere. Impressionable characters who are as integral to the story as the protagonist Jin himself and the appeal of finding your next test of skill make getting lost a goal, not an accident."

XXL

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
These sites are always late to the party.

The company’s website reveals it’s on the lookout for a Senior Combat Designer and Technical Combat Designer. While that alone may not seem significant — it could be for something else unrelated to Ghost of Tsushima, after all — both positions call for candidates who have specifically played the PS4 & PS5 samurai epic.

“Prototype, polish, and balance enemies, as well as player abilities,” it reads, while another listing adds, Prototype, polish, and balance player abilities, combat actions and progression items.”

And this one from over a year ago.

Sucker Punch was specifically looking for a narrative writer who has a “desire to write stories set in feudal Japan.” Now, the studio has advertised another job, the wording of which further indicates that more Ghost of Tsushima will be coming our way.

As spotted by Wccftech, Sucker Punch is looking for a combat designer who understands Ghost of Tsushima‘s “core combat systems.” The same job requirement clearly states that candidates “must have played Ghost of Tsushima.”

Last edited:
You can't even leak something that is so obviously going to happen.

It would be like Guerrilla not making a sequel to Horizon.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Sure! GOT is such a great game let’s have another thread talking about GOT 2!

But come on… this is a prediction worthy of Jeff Grubb - of course they’re working on a sequel to this. It was a smash.

I want ghost of sushi 2, but I'm not going to buy a ps5 😭. Had some good times with the first, even if the world was a bit empty

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Next you will tell me nintendo is making another Mario game, I just don’t buy it.

Ghost of Tsushima 2(099).

You play as a Cyber-Samurai, defending Neo-Tokyo from the CCP invaders in the aftermath of WWIII.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

Open world fatigue affected my ability to fully enjoy the original so I can’t say I’m excited for a sequel. BUT, there’s no denying the quality. It’s what AC should be.

Forsete

Just unlocked GOT with the new PlayStation Plus thingy that came out in Europe yesterday/today.

Damn, why didn't I play this game before? It is fantastic.
Now I have to divide my time between Ghost and Horizon. Both excellent.

Cant wait to see what they do with GOT2 as a proper PS5 title.

Hugare

Hopefully they will have bigger budget for sidequest cutscenes

Camera being far away to hide the poor lip syncing was bad. Main quests were awesome.

Not my GOTY that year, but beautiful game with the best gameplay in an open world game yet imo

SPOILERS!!! Imagine what the reactions would have been if this...obscene leak had not happened! Nobody was expecting them to work on a sequel to their most successful game ever... 😑😑😑

Belthazar

Hopefully it's not Ghost of Tsushima 2, but Ghost of somewhere else. I would love for this to become a franchise that explores various locations in the world and various historical events... Kinda like Assassin's Creed, but good.

And without being tethered to the assassins it could explore different gameplay mechanics each time

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
First one looks boring. I am yet to get it... Everything I check on yt, it's either people boringly standing in place and talking or open world camps

Ghost of Tsushima 2 for PS5 Seemingly Leaked​

By TYLER FISCHER - June 21, 2022 10:59 am EDT

It looks like Sucker Punch Productions is working on Ghost of Tsushima. Amid rumors that Sly Cooper is coming back, it looks like even if these rumors are true, it's not going to be via Sucker Punch, the original developer behind the series. Why? Because it looks like the studio is working on a sequel to its 2020 hit, Ghost of Tsushima, and it's known to be a one-game studio. The samurai game both sold well and reviewed well, so it's not very surprising to see that it's seemingly getting a sequel

Scuttlebutt of a follow-up comes courtesy of a new job listing for the game for an encounter designer, which notes it's looking for someone who can "deliver interesting and varied encounters in an open-world game, with a particular focus on melee combat and stealth." In other words, Sucker Punch Productions is working on an open-world stealth game with melee combat. Sounds like Ghost of Tsushima 2. Meanwhile, other job listings at the studio mention the team is seeking applicants who are familiar wth the systems of its previous games. Again, sounds like Ghost of Tsushima 2.

For now, take all of this speculation with a grain of salt, but it's unclear what else there is to make of the language used in the various job listings. Is this bad news for Sly Cooper fans? Probably not, as that project would likely be farmed out to another team if it did exist. In other words, there's still hope Sly Cooper has an immediate future.

Ghost of Tsushima is available via the PS4 and the PS5. For more coverage on the game and all things PlayStation, click here. Meanwhile, if you want to read more about the first game and why it's so good and seemingly about to birth a new series for PlayStation, check out our official review of the title.

"It's difficult to stay on task in Ghost of Tsushima. Whether you're liberating a settlement or tracking down your next worthy opponent for a duel, there's always something to distract you be it a cry for help or an animal intent on showing you Tsushima's secrets," reads the opening of our review of the game. "Distractions like those are common in open-world games, but in Ghost of Tsushima, they're implemented with a depth that's difficult to come across elsewhere. Impressionable characters who are as integral to the story as the protagonist Jin himself and the appeal of finding your next test of skill make getting lost a goal, not an accident."

download.jpg

Valt7786

First one looks boring. I am yet to get it... Everything I check on yt, it's either people boringly standing in place and talking or open world camps
Depends how much you like Samurai's and really nice looking grass tbh. Personally, I love both so GoT was the fuckin' tits as far as I'm concerned.

MiguelItUp

Absolutely loved the first one, so having confirmation of any form that this is coming is super nice. Though, yeah, I suppose it's a given considering how well it was received. Still! I'm all for it! Can't wait to hear more about it!

I'm not sure what it was about the first one, but I completed everything I possibly could, and I don't usually do that at all. Especially for an open-world game. I guess it hit just right.

Flabagast

LMAO how can you call that a leak ?

is there a person dumb enough on this earth to not know that Sucker Punck is developing a sequel to the boring Ghost of Tsushima ?

Top Bottom