• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Legends coming to PS4 Fall 2020

PresetError

Neophyte
Sony is really focusing on online multiplayer. Now I suspect every major PS5 exclusive will come with an online mode to extend the life of the game.

nowhat

Sony is really focusing on online multiplayer. Now I suspect every major PS5 exclusive will come with an online mode to extend the life of the game.
It would be an ironic twist if MS first-party titles would start to include substantial single-player campaigns to boost initial sales. It's not going to happen, but it would be very ironic.

Varteras

Gold Member
? huh? Did you beat Ghost? It has many fantasy elements in it. I believe the setting is historical, not all the elements of the game. Sorta like historical fiction if you will, like Inglorious Bastards. Real war, fake story and events...

@Danjin44 Well for all we know that's already in development like InFamous First light

I'm talking like special powers and wild enemies. Infamous spoiled me.

EDMIX

? Unlikely. This isn't the first game published by Sony with MP so.... I don't see much to really suggest "every major PS5 exclusive" as you could have argued that about Killzone SF, Driveclub, The Last Of Us 1 remaster, Uncharted 4 mp etc.

Some PS4, PS3 etc games had it, some didn't.

I'd argue thats just what you'd see with PS5.

Bryank75

Banned
? Unlikely. This isn't the first game published by Sony with MP so.... I don't see much to really suggest "every major PS5 exclusive" as you could have argued that about Killzone SF, Driveclub, The Last Of Us 1 remaster, Uncharted 4 mp etc.

Horizon will probably have a Coop mode...

EDMIX

Horizon will probably have a Coop mode...

I agree, but that was already in the cards, as I don't think they are doing it because its a new rule at Sony or something as much as they have the tech to pull it off better then when they were trying to with the first.

Nester99 Nester99 Agreed. I like the game, but even games that are like Games Of The Generation for me I don't really play their MPs. Like The Last Of Us 1, LOOOOOVE that game, but I tried MP for like 30 min and was like.....its a no from me dogg lol

Only MP I really play now a days is Battlefield and I'm content to just keep it that way lol. Even when The Last Of Us 2 MP comes out, I'm not sure I'm going to care that much about it as I didn't even care for Red Dead 2's MP. I hope folks love it though, but I just don't see me going back to play with people this fall. I have a lot on my plate this fall and If I'm playing ANY game, its Cyberpunk 2077 and those PS5 titles.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte

Obviously I don't have proof, that's why I used the word suspect.

nowhat

So... where is it? PS Store usually updates during the afternoon, but no update for the game available in .fi. How about other regions?

Boss Mog

Weird when I go to legends mode in the menu and select it I get an error "there is no content". what is this BS?

nowhat

Weird when I go to legends mode in the menu and select it I get an error "there is no content". what is this BS?

It's a separate download.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Downloading now. There's also a GOW patch ... what's that all about?

edit: It's just stability and performance fixes.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

It's a separate download.
Thanks, I had only done the update.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Damn it! I always save over older saves so I'm guessing I need a 'completed' save to start NG+? The option isn't there for me. Bloody NORA!

Boss Mog

The option is there for me. When I click on it it automatically takes me to the store to verify the licence.
It can't do that for me because my primary PS account region and the game region are different hence the error i was getting. I had to log into my secondary PS account which matches the game's region and then download it from the proper PS Store and then I could go back to my primary account and play.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm currently extremely pissed off with this update. It's constantly pulling me out of the singleplayer experience to tell me I've got no online connection.

Reactions: MrS
I will not continue to play this until a patch is released, I unlocked two trophies already and its not showing up in my psn profile. Plus I saw people on twitter complaining about issues with the new game plus.

Bartski

Gold Member
So far I'm absolutely loving it.

Survival is kind of a mixture of horde mode with capture the base and it's awesome. It actually starts real hard and I was surprised to be losing matches to some seemingly basic bitches. Turns out that's ok cause you start super underlevelled, different swords give you just one stance, on assassin at least... After choosing one class to begin with you have to get it to rank 8 to pick another, I'm now at 6.

Just did the first coop story mission and it was super fun syncing up stealth kills with sone dude playing Ronin - I think this is the intended way to go to level up and get upgrades before entering survival. Progress is level gated but it's going quite fast and IMO it works. I'll continue down that path and get back to survival later on.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Well I'm impressed. This is awsome. For whatever reason I figured this was going to feel a bit tacked on and it's not. Haven't played much but I'm surprised they made his free....

Jumped right into a survival mode and it's a lot harder than I was expecting.

Skifi28

Don't want to speak too soon, but from the footage I've seen so far it's a little disappointing. Basically they just repurposed all the existing game assets. I would have liked more unique looking enemies, I think i've killed enough mongols already.

SkylineRKR

This is awesome. GoT was already my GOTY but this is just icing on the cake. I like the pace of it, and the fact you can synch assassinations real life. I only beat Severed Hearts on Bronze, but I am going to play more.

I also liked the tutorials for each class. Because I hadn't played since the Plat. And after a few minutes I was right at home again, deflecting stuff and rolling out of spear attacks.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
There is no co-op in the campaign, Legends is a separate product you enter from the menu or by talking to Goyzen who you now can find all over the map while in single player.
There are additional 9 "story" missions designed for 2-player coop, separate from the campaign, each one divided into 3 levels.
All with rank gated bronze, silver, and gold difficulty levels. They take place in this oni realm versions of some main game locations, feature new enemies and additional magic twists to the combat.
I'm now rank 11 and getting absolutely wrecked on silver.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Great to have a developer so on it, not even a day out and they’re recognizing feedback. SP is becoming one of my favorite devs.

The difficulty is definitely increased with NG+, I’m getting butchered early game. Rusty I suppose. Anyone know what the new armor set is?

GreyHand23

There is no co-op in the campaign, Legends is a separate product you enter from the menu or by talking to Goyzen who you now can find all over the map while in single player.
There are additional 9 "story" missions designed for 2-player coop, separate from the campaign, each one divided into 3 levels.
All with rank gated bronze, silver, and gold difficulty levels. They take place in this oni realm versions of some main game locations, feature new enemies and additional magic twists to the combat.
I'm now rank 11 and getting absolutely wrecked on silver.

There’s also a nightmare difficulty and a raid coming in a week or two.

SSfox

Didn't play much but loving Legends so far, my biggest complaint now outside of the obvious things SP already mentioned is that you don't create your character, you can't even change sexe of the character and can't name them, so you play hunter it have to be a woman and if you play a Samurai it have to be a guy. I mean a character editor like RDO would be really nice but at least if they don't plan to add something like this (i understand there's a lot of work to do stuffs like this, and this is free mode without microtransactions), at least let me pick sexe and give them name.

Top Bottom