• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima removes Only on PlayStation logo on box art (PC version incoming?)

Raonak

Banned
So lets say you have a PS5 and a PC, you would actually be more happy if Sony removed your option to play on PC? Lol guess you like being abused.
I have a PS5 and a PC. But I hate playing games on my PC. It's just not a good platform to play games on.

So yes, I'd be really happy if Sony removed all their games from that garbage platform. I'd be even happier if every publisher did too.

Someone should just launch a nuke at the steam and ms servers and call it a day. That would save me a lot of hassle.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I have a PS5 and a PC. But I hate playing games on my PC. It's just not a good platform to play games on.

So yes, I'd be really happy if Sony removed all their games from that garbage platform. I'd be even happier if every publisher did too.

Someone should just launch a nuke at the steam and ms servers and call it a day. That would save me a lot of hassle.
I went a whole day without hearing anything stupid and this one post made up for it, nice work. Also are you Bryank75's son? Your post are eerily similar if not worse...

Last edited:

This is parody, right?

Elog

This is parody, right?
Honestly - not sure why you write that. PC is a platform with great specifications if you spend the money but as a gaming platform in comparison with consoles it looses almost every battle in my opinion too. Any game that is about user experience is better on the console due to the controller with haptics, the ease of use and the integration with AV systems. While all of that is theoretical possible on the PC it requires a lot of hassle and work. Adding driver updates, stability issues etc the PC drives a lot of hours of nothingness instead of gaming.

Please note that I have a great PC rigg that I use to play strategy games - there the mouse + keyboard is superior.

Last edited:

martino

Honestly - not sure why you write that. PC is a platform with great specifications if you spend the money but as a gaming platform in comparison with consoles it looses almost every battle in my opinion too. Any game that is about user experience is better on the console due to the controller with haptics, the ease of use and the integration with AV systems. While all of that is theoretical possible on the PC it requires a lot of hassle and work. Adding driver updates, stability issues etc the PC drives a lot of hours of nothingness instead of gaming.

Please note that I have a great PC rigg that I use to play strategy games - there the mouse + keyboard is superior.
The only opinion I manage to find around me outside niche forum and why day one on pc is not a problem if it ever happen.

Cool, but with Bryank75 banned, where's the joy?

speedball-2.900x.jpg
He been acting like a petulant child again?

cHaOs667

Horizon and Days Gone have lost a bit of luster from being ported. It's a damn shame, cause they were great games when they were exclusive.
I'm a bit confused here. So you say, they were better games when they were just on PS?

I mean, it's not 1990 any more where technical restrictions of the target platform really affects a port, so basically, the only explanation left will be that they are only great games on PS because they are lacking competition, which they have on PC where it is obviously that they are mediocre at best... right?

anthony2690

Banned
Great news, I can't imagine this bothers any Sony fans, they will continue to buy playstation products and games & sony fans with a pc will either wait for a pc port, or buy the game on PlayStation and buy the pc port later on depending on their patience.

It will only upset the warriors that have one less thing to use in their trivial arguments.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
PlayStation exclusives are just better. It's just a fact of life.

Horizon and Days Gone have lost a bit of luster from being ported. It's a damn shame, cause they were great games when they were exclusive.

There's a reason why no-one cares about Xbox, because they're diluted themselves to the point of irrelevancy.

I sincerely hope that these PC ports bomb hard.
You are basically saying these games were only good because they were only on playstation.

TJC

They dont want to create bad blood and negativity in their userbase. To me, its obvious what the long term strategy is, they are just doing it bit by bit, game by game, until it gets to the point where its accepted and the 'norm'.
I still think by the end of this gen, PS5 games will be launching day and date on PC, just like Xbox.
I hope they're ready for alot of people to not buy the hardware if that's the case, only way they release day and date is if they become more focused on services and not hardware, I don't see it anytime soon they make a killing from people owning and buying all types of games/transactions on the ecosystem. It's obvious they will release game 2-3 years later to try and get some extra pennies from the PC crowd that just never buy consoles. As a console gamer if they start releasing all games within 6months my ass will learn to build a PC.

PaintTinJr

You're looking at this wrong. Consoles and PC use the same architecture not only to simply costs, but also for software ease of writing.

A developer still uses the same vision and makes the same game, he then has to take into consideration the target hardware and performance. The games are scaled down from when they were originally written on PC for the target hardware (your GPU or console).
There is so much historical info to show that isn't true - although like all these discussions people hand wave away the hw design differences - the best example being how Xbox original completely failed to entice Japanese developers with their (PC)hardware vision - which has been in documentaries IIRC - compared to how PlayStation (2) Reality Synthesiser and (double programmable core for physics, inverse kinematics, etc) EmotionEngine gave developers a clear vision beyond what was currently on offer in the console space.. and what was in the average computer.

The time to triangle that Cerny has spoken about multiple times would have remained constant - and at zero - if games didn't specifically target their console hardware. Game features like MGS4's octo camouflage was integral to the gameplay and design and only possible on PS3 hardware of the time. Cell development on PC needed a fixstar's Cell pcie add-on board because the Cell SDK simulator ran at 8th of Cell speed on workstation Xeon CPUs of the time - and probably the reason Sweeny baited the PC gamers to upgrade heavily by saying PC (AAA) gaming was dead, which it would have been without it catching up. Only when the core i7 and GTX 200 series arrive was the PC back on top, again for being able to copy or surpass the 360/PS3.

The PS4's obvious advantage over PC's at its launch was that it was hUMA chip with 8core and with unified memory, but with Jaguar cores being less than half the effective of a desktop CPU, and the advantages of unified memory being ignored as an integral design choice, the PS4 catalogue was in-effect just a weak PC IMHO.
Having games on PC doesn't take anything away from them being on console.
I never said it did, what it does, is leave those that supported a system to fund the platform with a feeling like they are in a hotel lobby having paid their bill, hearing that noisy guest that arrived late that night in a similar adjoining room got it for significantly less. The price guest1 pays is worked out to support the ongoing business, and the price guest 2 pays is just bonus money. Without enough of the first type of Guest1, the business fails and there is no more Guest2 room options.

Shortern PC gives them profit, but if the end result is the PlayStation platform has less console customers, then the production quality of the games will drop - which surely is taking something away from all gamers, no?

Last edited:

Ellery

The game got so much praise and love that I think it would be a great PC port and sell exceptionally well.

Might be a bit early though given that it would be better to release it shortly before the next game might came out to generate some hype and demand.

ZywyPL

Banned
If Sony will keep releasing their SP games on PC, while at the same time won't jump onto MP/co-op bandwagon, then there will be IMO less and less reason to ever own a PS console. Those story-driven games can wait since they never get outdated, if the plot and gameplay are good, they'll still be good a year or two later, if they suck that means they sucked already when they launched on consoles. And you don't have to beg for 60FPS patch, hell, you can even go for 144 if your rig can handle it.

I think Sony should really start thinking about games made for MP and Co-op, with the games being PS+ exclusive, so that there's a certain playerbase and games really not present elsewhere, and you would really want to be there on day one, to not to miss out/fall behind. That would hook up people to that ecosystem/service, and Sony wouldn't be giving them away for for free like in typical F2P model, but actually earning each month from the subs, and encouraging more and more people to subscribe. There are already 50M people on the service, so just think about the potential playerbases for online games, and how much more revenue the service would bring with even more people on it.

You’re on a gaming forum posting 100’s of times a day, yet you’ve missed the PS5 unveiling and mountains of discussions and references since. You can only blame your own ineptitude.

How are you not embarrassed to be a member here? Your cringe is beyond any semblance of reasonable.
Shmunter Shmunter let's be honest with ourselves here. You are completely lost now, as you have no more console war fodder. No more ammunition. You can't be getting up in age and still having a childish mindset, let it go. The sooner you do this, the sooner things will get better for you. Sad part is, on a predominantly Sony site, more people find you insufferable.

so did you end up finding any proof about streaming? You thought you had me off topic for a second, but no. Let's get back to it! You got any links, quotes, etc?

Bramble

No idea what has been discussed on the last couple of pages, but I'm not seeing this happening on short notice. This game is super smooth on PS5 and as soon as PS5 stock normalizes, it will continue to sell big time there. Lot of people waited with this game, just like we're seeing with Miles. There's no need to put it on PC already.

Random question... Did you get tea-bagged by a PC player, repeatedly or something? I can't understand this, it's actually quite impressive to be honest. You and Shmunter Shmunter have over 10,000x the amount of salt that a human body can sustain. Who can call themselves a gamer with embarrassing posts like y'all both have?

Last edited:

Sentenza

Not sure why people are acting so surprised or even skeptic. This was one of these games rumored for months to be on its way to PC, together with God of War and Uncharted Collection.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Shmunter Shmunter let's be honest with ourselves here. You are completely lost now, as you have no more console war fodder. No more ammunition. You can't be getting up in age and still having a childish mindset, let it go. The sooner you do this, the sooner things will get better for you. Sad part is, on a predominantly Sony site, more people find you insufferable.

so did you end up finding any proof about streaming? You thought you had me off topic for a second, but no. Let's get back to it! You got any links, quotes, etc?
Lol, what a cunt.

Lol, what a cunt.
I'd much rather be a cunt than clueless as fuck and a volunteer cheerleader. At least I get paid to do what I do.

So again, you have any white papers, facts, quotes, etc? You can't beat your chest and be so confident about something, only to whimper away, right?

I just want a source, so I know it's real, instead of some delusional fanboy imagining their own conclusions. Unreal Engine 5 proved you wrong, you want Sony to do the same now?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

What a load of garbage

Shmunter

I'd much rather be a cunt than clueless as fuck and a volunteer cheerleader. At least I get paid to do what I do.

So again, you have any white papers, facts, quotes, etc? You can't beat your chest and be so confident about something, only to whimper away, right?

I just want a source, so I know it's real, instead of some delusional fanboy imagining their own conclusions. Unreal Engine 5 proved you wrong, you want Sony to do the same now?
Fuck of you silly cunt. Don’t address me again, I won’t spend a second more on a worthless cocksucker troll like you.

Edit : getting paid to troll, what a living 🤫

Last edited:
Fuck of you silly cunt. Don’t address me again, I won’t spend a second more on a worthless cocksucker troll like you.
You probably should be getting a ban for attacking the user, not the argument. Don't worry, I won't report you. All I ask is that you provide paperwork, instead of spewing out, incorrect, nefarious claims. Wouldn't you agree? Unreal engine 5 proved you wrong, multiple times. You want Sony to do the same, and prove you wrong again? I don't get it?

anthony2690

Banned

There's a reason why no-one cares about Xbox, because they're diluted themselves to the point of irrelevancy.

This honestly is a stupid, if not frankly embarrassing comment to make, these games coming to pc doesn't effect the quality or your enjoyment of these titles you had in the past, it just means more people can be introduced to the ip and enjoy these titles too.

A game being exclusive doesn't make it any better...

Ori and the blind forest/will of the wisps are two of my favourite games ever, being a rational normal person I was not upset that it came to switch, it just meant I double dipped :')
& believe it or not, I still LOVE the games.

Shmunter

You probably should be getting a ban for attacking the user, not the argument. Don't worry, I won't report you. All I ask is that you provide paperwork, instead of spewing out, incorrect, nefarious claims. Wouldn't you agree? Unreal engine 5 proved you wrong, multiple times. You want Sony to do the same, and prove you wrong again? I don't get it?

By your own admission you are a paid shill, there is no argument or discussion.

As if it wasn’t plain looking at your incessant contrarian posts and obfuscation .

Your script with points to push, points to reject, and to shitpost any constructive discussion against your agenda is now out there. If I get banned for ousting you, so be it. If I were a mod you’d be the one taking a hike.

Now fuck off once and for all.

This honestly is a stupid, if not frankly embarrassing comment to make, these games coming to pc doesn't effect the quality or your enjoyment of these titles you had in the past, it just means more people can be introduced to the ip and enjoy these titles too.

A game being exclusive doesn't make it any better...

Ori and the blind forest/will of the wisps are two of my favourite games ever, being a rational normal person I was not upset that it came to switch, it just meant I double dipped :')
& believe it or not, I still LOVE the games.
Stuff like that and Shmunter Shmunter posts, make me wonder if some people on here are gamers or just straight up cheerleaders for their favorite plastic box. Btw Ori is probably my favorite 2d platformer, along with Sundered and a few others.

Last edited:
By your own admission you are a paid shill, there is no argument or discussion.

As if it wasn’t plain looking at your incessant contrarian posts and obfuscation .

Your script with points to push, points to reject, and to shitpost any constructive discussion against your agenda is now out there. If I get banned for ousting you, so be it. If I were a mod you’d be the one taking a hike.

Now fuck off once and for all.
You can't really be this triggered, can you? Be mad at Sony, not me man. I don't get why you warriors get so up tight. Who would I be shilling for? PC is an open platform. There's a reason why you'll never be a mod, cause you can't provide the white papers or backup an argument. You never were ousting me. You ousted yourself lol.

Last edited:

kyussman

Only on PlayStation(but probably on PC in a year or two)......that should be the new box text for Sony's big PS5 games.

VN1X

Banned

You called?

bskEZNq.png

Enjoy and have a nice day!

Haggard

Banned

probably the most stupid comment in this thread.

"games are better when other people can`t play them"

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Stuff like that and Shmunter Shmunter posts, make me wonder if some people on here are gamers or just straight up cheerleaders for their favorite plastic box. Btw Ori is probably my favorite 2d platformer, along with Sundered and a few others.
I literally purchased sundered not too long back for literally £1.97 digitally on xbox not too long back.
As you specifically mentioned it alongside ori, it must be good, I'll fast track that on the back log :)

& sadly I think a lot of people are more interested in forum/twitter warring rather than enjoying games and it is honestly a huge shame.

Kerotan

This game is incredible and if you want to play it I highly recommend you buy a ps5. Even the Multiplayer is great.

Top Bottom