• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima removes Only on PlayStation logo on box art (PC version incoming?)

martino

"it's also because with full digital you can't get cheap physical copy sony see no money from."

You said "Sony see no money from". And that is false, because those physical games ultra cheap didn't sold 1 year ago, Sony got the royalties money from 1 year ago at full price.

The game will have legs if people want to buy it. Games like Horizon are manufacturing yet today at lower price, or you really think the copy you could buy today, was manufactured 4 years ago?. Only games what were commercial failures don't have legs. So, physical copies don't damage legs anyway
do you see what is eluding you ?

vkbest

do you see what is eluding you ?
I already said except second hand market, I edited the answer previous to your post

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
If this is true then it's a missed opportunity on Sony's part. Why not establish Playstation as a PC brand. If done properly it would be seamless.

martino

I already said except second hand market, I edited the answer previous to your post
images

SSfox

I'm starting to think that the price raise was not mainly because of development cost, but since Sony know they will port their game on PC, so they will only get 70% on that money while Valve will get the other 30%, so that's why they raised the price so that 70% will feel a little more than 70%.

Yup, so we playstation fans are gonna buy games for 80$ so that Sony will make Valve even more money, think about it.

Another point is crossgen as i said earlier, they're making this so it will be easy to be port on PC, i'm sure Hermen Hulst already regret not forcing Ratchet to be crossgen so he can port it on PC, but he can't for obvious reason that the game has gone all in on PS5 SSD I/O design and so on, it feels like Hermen Hulst plan is to turn Sony into just another 3rd Party like some EA or Ubi, at this rate i even wonder what is prevent them to release the games on Xbox as well.

How it started:

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance."

Then:

"But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game."

Hermen Hulst is a cockroach traitor.

Very plausible that at least some 1P games (specifically MP-orientated ones) will be hitting PS5 & PC Day 1. TLOU2: Factions being one of them.

I'm actually willing to take a bet on that btw.

I'm starting to think that the price raise was not mainly because of development cost, but since Sony know they will port their game on PC, so they will only get 70% on that money while Valve will get the other 30%, so that's why they raised the price so that 70% will feel a little more than 70%.

Yup, so we playstation fans are gonna buy games for 80$ so that Sony will make Valve even more money, think about it.

Another point is crossgen as i said earlier, they're making this so it will be easy to be port on PC, i'm sure Hermen Hulst already regret not forcing Ratchet to be crossgen so he can port it on PC, but he can't for obvious reason that the game has gone all in on PS5 SSD I/O design and so on, it feels like Hermen Hulst plan is to turn Sony into just another 3rd Party like some EA or Ubi, at this rate i even wonder what is prevent them to release the games on Xbox as well.

How it started:

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance."

Then:

"But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game."

Delete this mentality plz thnx ty

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

How it started:

Then:

you shouldn't keep so many alts Bryank

Shmunter

If you kept up with conversation, you'd realize the context. I'm at work, getting paid, while browsing the forums. He is working for free, aka volunteering to be a cheerleader for his favorite plastic toy. It's only a few slow folks who didn't understand it.
Oh we understand it perfectly. I cheerlead for free, while you get paid to do what you do. Your own words.

Because no one gets paid for doing their day job except for you! That’s your cover now 😂

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I have a PS5 and a PC. But I hate playing games on my PC. It's just not a good platform to play games on.

So yes, I'd be really happy if Sony removed all their games from that garbage platform. I'd be even happier if every publisher did too.

Someone should just launch a nuke at the steam and ms servers and call it a day. That would save me a lot of hassle.

We're in the same boat to greatness, BOY!

God-Of-War-Boat.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rea
Top Bottom