• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The game is already out, if you played it you either going like the game or not, what does matter what "score" it got at this point?

You like AC and X and we get it but no one is looking forward to your hourly updates how you don't like the game for the nth time.
Why don’t you open up your blocked out post history so you can enlighten us with your non-biased comments and all the posts you’ve reacted positively to? Im sure Googling “Vroadstar Neogaf” would be enough but I’m not going to go full on CSI for you.

Hourly updates huh? After 3 posts? “Hey Siri, how many hours since July 17, 12am?”

You’re a pot calling the kettle black. Just move on bud.

Last edited:
There is no evidence media play the games they review or put enough time into it.
Actually there is. You can look up a ton of their profiles on achievement and trophy tracking sites prior to a game even coming out. You should really learn about what you're talking about.

Amiga

Actually there is. You can look up a ton of their profiles on achievement and trophy tracking sites prior to a game even coming out. You should really learn about what you're talking about.

Trophies can be exploited using save editors, takes just a couple of minutes. is there another way?

Amiga

Are you that stupid? You're just going to keep trying to come up with excuses. These people don't edit their accounts dumbass.

save editors alter the save file, not the account, these saves are used to get the trophies in-game without the effort. look it up.

save editors alter the save file, not the account, these saves are used to get the trophies in-game without the effort. look it up.
I'm well aware of what they are. I'm done wasting time on you. You just want to keep coming up with outrageous theories to make it seem like game reviewers don't actually play the games. Yeah they all use save editors to unlock trophies to make it seem like they actually played the game. That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

Amiga

I'm well aware of what they are. I'm done wasting time on you. You just want to keep coming up with outrageous theories to make it seem like game reviewers don't actually play the games. Yeah they all use save editors to unlock trophies to make it seem like they actually played the game. That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

So you believe the media inherently have more integrity than regular people? explain this..

I presented reasonable logic that the media are vulnerable to influence. Also presented proof that play record can be altered. we can establish now that user reviews are more trustworthy than media.

So you believe the media inherently have more integrity than regular people? explain this..

I presented reasonable logic that the media are vulnerable to influence. Also presented proof that play record can be altered. we can establish now that user reviews are more trustworthy than media.

One pos who plagiarized other people doesn't represent all the other actual good reviewers out there. And like I said until there is a way for a site like Metacritic to verify a user actually played a game they will never be trustworthy. Someone leaving a 10/10 and saying "GOTY" as their whole review is nothing compared to the work that actual reviewers put into their reviews. I'm putting you on the ignore list as your stupidity has gotten tiresome.

I didn't expect this negativity from Ben Moore at Easy allies, he sure loved TLOU2 though

I understand it. I'm 20 hours in, and even i'm a little worn out from the game.

Great game at the start, but you can see how it slowly tapers off the initial excitement as you continue playing and then it slowly feels like a chore.

There's something missing, but I'm sure it's something that would be resolved in a sequel that will leap over the first game immensely.

And of course that Quartering pos has a new video up saying that angry TLOU2 fans are review bombing GoT. He says "look at all these people who have only reviewed 2 games with one being a 10/10 for TLOU2 and the other being a 0/10 for GoT."

Funny how there are only a couple hundred negative scores in total yet he doesn't ONCE mention that there are hundreds of positive 10/10 scores on there from users who only other review on their profile is a 0/10 for TLOU2. It's so ironic that shit like him go on about fake news media yet he himself spreads fake news and tells one sided stories to fit his agenda. Anything he can do to bring negativity to TLOU2.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The game is already out, if you played it you either going like the game or not, what does matter what "score" it got at this point?
What reviews are supposed to be used for:
- Help people decide what games to buy

What reviews are actually used for:
- Console warring / opinion validation

gow3isben

What the fuck does this game have to do with SJWs and sticking it to the alt-right? The desperation sometimes lmao.

Judging by the comments in this thread the games review score seems adequate, and it's not like every couple of years we don't get a critical darling that polarizes players. God of War 18, GTA 4, Halo 2 are just ones I can personally think of that received a tepid or mixed reaction from players but critics gushed over.
Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
I understand it. I'm 20 hours in, and even i'm a little worn out from the game.

Great game at the start, but you can see how it slowly tapers off the initial excitement as you continue playing and then it slowly feels like a chore.

There's something missing, but I'm sure it's something that would be resolved in a sequel that will leap over the first game immensely.
I haven’t beaten the game yet due to work so I can’t confirm, but so far other than some usual feminist tropes, the purposefully fugly women, and the laughable samurai grandma Rambo, I’ve had a great time with the game. I just see a trend that people who went on twitter virtue signaling about lous2 are now conveniently being overly critical of GOT. Perhaps they are just playing the twitter game since the sjw’s and blue check marks are apparently raging about GOT and claiming cultural appropriation and all that shiet. Easy allies gotta keep their REEEsetera pets in check by throwing them raw meat for them to feed once in awhile.

I haven’t beaten the game yet due to work so I can’t confirm, but so far other than some usual feminist tropes, the purposefully fugly women, and the laughable samurai grandma Rambo, I’ve had a great time with the game. I just see a trend that people who went on twitter virtue signaling about lous2 are now conveniently being overly critical of GOT. Perhaps they are just playing the twitter game since the sjw’s and blue check marks are apparently raging about GOT and claiming cultural appropriation and all that shiet. Easy allies gotta keep their REEEsetera pets in check by throwing them raw meat for them to feed once in awhile.
Yeah anyone who has a different opinion about the game than you must be just throwing a bone to a certain crowd to please them. The Allies aren't like that.

idrago01

Banned
Yeah anyone who has a different opinion about the game than you must be just throwing a bone to a certain crowd to please them. The Allies aren't like that.
I mean I'm just saying it's odd and out of character for Ben who's a huge weeb to post this on twitter, EZA are the most milquetoast, pussified video game group on the net they don't ever dare talk badly about a game. His reasons are also very generic, every game from god of war to TLOU2 has bad AI, you can't fault GOT for that, it's not any worse than I've seen elsewhere.

Oh yeah, the amount of female side characters in the game realllllyyyyyy starting to annoy me.

Like, I have no problems with it - but when I play a Samurai game, I expect to meet some really cool Yojimbo style characters that you often see in Kurosawa films.

Like, goodness, even the unique armor sets side mission you bump into some samurai lady at the end.

Give me some hardcore Ronin mofo man!

Even Ishikawa and Ryuzo are kinda pansies in the game. Old man who is sad, and Ronin who is desperate for a sense of being.

I'm sure you'll meet some down the line (I really hope so) as I am only on the first segment of the map still, but it is unfortunately making me lose interest in the game over time.

I mean I'm just saying it's odd and out of character for Ben who's a huge weeb to post this on twitter, EZA are the most milquetoast, pussified video game group on the net they don't ever dare talk badly about a game. His reasons are also very generic, every game from god of war to TLOU2 has bad AI, you can't fault GOT for that, it's not any worse than I've seen elsewhere.

What.

Nah man, GoT enemy AI is as basic as it comes.

Playing on Hard mode does not make the enemies smarter, it makes them become unfair as you'll just be attacked by 3 guys at once (out of 5 - 8 guys) and the games mechanics fall apart a little at that point.

You cannot compare the enemies in this game under the same level of TLOU2.

God of War? Yeah okay, to a certain extent. Don't recall the enemies being dumb, but maybe because their combat animations are more varied in the game.

But definitely can't say AI is weak in TLOU2.

If you insist that it is, it means you either played the game on easy mode or you have never played the game at all.

Bryank75

Banned
Same thing for me, so I was glad I actually got the last physical copy because I was early in the store, the 10 or more people behind me didn't get the physical.
Yeah, I was asking how it was selling here locally in Ireland and the Gamestop guy said loads of people came in looking for a copy but they only order enough for their preorder list so......they went home empty handed.

Stores really should have more stock of these particular games, they are losing sales from it.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I think I’m halfway through chapter two and so far I agree with this guy. I’m even enjoying the side stories more than I thought I would.

Yeah I forgot about the main mission for awhile until my son told me to get back on track. I'm trying to understand ppls complaints about the side missions, they've been great for me and I like how thy don't over stay their welcome like some games I know out there and their quests.

Vroadstar

I'm a Tlou 2 fan, thought it was great! But I also am loving GOT as well. Two great games with beautiful graphics and great combat albeit different in their own ways.

Agree and you can only play both exclusively on the most dominant console this gen and nowhere else :messenger_beaming:

nXbfgYS.gif

Justin9mm

I think what he is trying to say is, they are not going to do that. There is not a conspiracy to everything in life mate.

Last edited:

Amiga

I think what he is trying to say is, they are not going to do that. There is not a conspiracy to everything in life mate.

I listed cases where these things actually happened. these are actual facts. not saying media are deceptive all the time. just that they aren't honest all the time. how do we know when though?

idrago01

Banned
What.

Nah man, GoT enemy AI is as basic as it comes.

Playing on Hard mode does not make the enemies smarter, it makes them become unfair as you'll just be attacked by 3 guys at once (out of 5 - 8 guys) and the games mechanics fall apart a little at that point.

You cannot compare the enemies in this game under the same level of TLOU2.

God of War? Yeah okay, to a certain extent. Don't recall the enemies being dumb, but maybe because their combat animations are more varied in the game.

But definitely can't say AI is weak in TLOU2.

If you insist that it is, it means you either played the game on easy mode or you have never played the game at all.
I think AI is different for shooting games since enemies go for cover, throw grendades, and try to outflank you etc. so I admit it's unfair to compare GOT and LOU2 enemy AI. I think a more apt comparison would be with the enemy AI's in god of war or the assassin's creed odyssey and I don't see much of a difference and I've played those games to death. AI is a problem across the board and there hasn't really been any major improvement over the past several generations, that's one of the things that needs to be addressed next generation, making enemies smarter and less predictable.

idrago01

Banned
You know I think people who have a problem with the combat probably aren't playing the game properly. Mashing triangle and wearing down the opponent's stun is out of the question if you want to get the most enjoyment. The basic tenet of its combat plays very similar to a fighting game, you have to focus on keeping proper spacing using your backdash or moving away, and than just bait an attack and whiff punish your opponents. It's also a must that you need that upgrade where you can hold down after your quick attack for a stronger follow up attack and you also probably need that double stab upgrade for swordsman and level up the water stance for shielded enemies. I space the opponent just inside the range of the oponnent's attack trying to bait them and than I back dash or move back slightly out of range to make their attack whiff and than hit them with the double stab, water stance shield buster combo, or the quick attack/hold down/follow up attack while they are recovering. If you want to play more aggressively there are also plenty of combo routes depending on if you dash in or are standing still. I'm still experimenting with everything and trying to create different combos but It's actually a lot of fun and helps if you have a background with fighting games.

Last edited:
I think AI is different for shooting games since enemies go for cover, throw grendades, and try to outflank you etc. so I admit it's unfair to compare GOT and LOU2 enemy AI. I think a more apt comparison would be with the enemy AI's in god of war or the assassin's creed odyssey and I don't see much of a difference and I've played those games to death. AI is a problem across the board and there hasn't really been any major improvement over the past several generations, that's one of the things that needs to be addressed next generation, making enemies smarter and less predictable.

Ah, okay. Then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with your comparison with Assassins Creed.

It is very similar AI wise, and it does get frustrating at times when you're surrounded.

Funny enough, I don't think it's a AI issue at times with this game.

Spiderman didn't have the best AI either, but I believe it's the mechanics in that game that allow you to work through a dozen enemies efficiently.

I think that's somewhat missing in GoT, but I'm led to believe the weapon wheel UI is just a nightmare to work with mid combat - because it gets confusing when you're knee deep with enemies.

Alas, all these things you and I can only hope improves in the next generation and in the sequel.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Ah, okay. Then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with your comparison with Assassins Creed.

It is very similar AI wise, and it does get frustrating at times when you're surrounded.

Funny enough, I don't think it's a AI issue at times with this game.

Spiderman didn't have the best AI either, but I believe it's the mechanics in that game that allow you to work through a dozen enemies efficiently.

I think that's somewhat missing in GoT, but I'm led to believe the weapon wheel UI is just a nightmare to work with mid combat - because it gets confusing when you're knee deep with enemies.

Alas, all these things you and I can only hope improves in the next generation and in the sequel.

Check my other post for the combat, I've been experimenting with the game a bit and if you try to play like it's assassin's creed or god of war, it's not going to be as satisfying. you have to bait out attacks and than punish, keeping proper spacing is also key, along with certain upgrades.

DarkBatman

I listed cases where these things actually happened. these are actual facts. not saying media are deceptive all the time. just that they aren't honest all the time. how do we know when though?

Because the world can't work like that. You can't distrust everyone just because there are some cases of reviewers clearly lying/getting their info from somewhere else without playing the actual game.
If there are hundreds of outlets worldwide and you can only show me 2-3 examples of "reviews gone wrong", were on a pretty good road, I'd say.

Why are you on this forum? How do you know the people discussing the game here aren't lying about having played it? They could've watched a walkthrough on Youtube?
You need a certain amount of trust or any kind of discussion, opinion or review won't work at all.

Top Bottom