• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint free weekend (21-25 Jan, all platforms)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/ghost-recon/breakpoint/free-weekend

MPdJi6.jpg

c5hNBK.jpg

3wAzcl.jpg

Also currently on sale on PSN/XB, gold edition until 3rd feb (looks like up till 26th Jan for MS). Gold for £15.99 and Std. for £8, and Xbox is like £1 more expensive

Last edited:

Aion002

Worth trying? Cause I didn't enjoy Wildlands
If you plan to play with friends it might be.

Almost everything on it is worse than Wildlands in my opinion.

The enemy Ai is non existent, the graphics are inconsistent, the story is garbage and the gameplay is almost the same of Wildlands.

The only new aspect is the class system that gives access to some new gameplay stuff compared to Wildlands, everything else is the same or worse.

I honestly just play it because my friends like the coop and I am a sucker for Ghost Recon, Wildlands is way better, so if you didn't enjoy that... Well, this game is way less polished than that.

cormack12

Gold Member

The enemy Ai is non existent, the graphics are inconsistent, the story is garbage and the gameplay is almost the same of Wildlands.

The only new aspect is the class system that gives access to some new gameplay stuff compared to Wildlands, everything else is the same or worse.

I honestly just play it because my friends like the coop and I am a sucker for Ghost Recon, Wildlands is way better, so if you didn't enjoy that... Well, this game is way less polished than that.

I stopped playing the division 2 a while back, just had my fill after chasing exotics and the missions/raids. I did consider whether this would be a good alternative but you kinda just pissed on me lol

SJRB

Gold Member

Have to agree with this. Breakpoint just isn't a very good game because weirdly enough it's a step back from Wildlands in so many ways.

Visually beautiful game though, truth be told.

Aion002

I stopped playing the division 2 a while back, just had my fill after chasing exotics and the missions/raids. I did consider whether this would be a good alternative but you kinda just pissed on me lol
The game has 2 ways to play it, one is the traditional Ghost Recon mode, the same as Wildlands, the other is basically The Division on Ghost Recon, you might enjoy it, it has weapons rarity and gears level. It's a plus for Division fans.

Stuart360

Been doing another run the past week. The game is awesome imo. Its so much better than at launch (although i still liked it at launch). Its also way better than Wildlands imo, but i know i'm in the minority with that view.

GymWolf

Call me when they make a "we pay you to try our mediocre game" weekend.
Division 2 shits on breakdown from great heights, especially the shooting and enemy ia.

D.Final

Banned
Source: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/ghost-recon/breakpoint/free-weekend

MPdJi6.jpg

c5hNBK.jpg

3wAzcl.jpg

Also currently on sale on PSN/XB, gold edition until 3rd feb (looks like up till 26th Jan for MS). Gold for £15.99 and Std. for £8, and Xbox is like £1 more expensive

A good point for try it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Best third person shooter on PS4 improved everything on Wildlands expect world building (Bolivian government), story (drug cartels) and is actually a good game I love Breakpoint.

CitizenZ

Banned
They need to get the fuck out of the same jungle environment and fck off with their "here is where this loot is" BS. I really, really, hate BP.

Top Bottom