• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE — Final Trailer "Hey, have you missed us?"

ManaByte

giphy.gif

Ionian

It gave me nightmares and got me banned from “scary movies” as a kid. I guess I could do the same for them.

Got to watch Robocop and Nightbreed as a child. It didn't bother me. Got nightmares though for other reasons.

Those films were advertised to kids with video games and toys.

If you like Barker check out his directors cut for Nightbreed. Claimed it was in their vault and they refused to return it, they had lost it. His assistant just asked and they gave him it.

It's much better, if you're into horror. Loads more in it. A far better film.

Last edited:

Burnttips

I watched the Exorcist with my DD when she was 9. She's 10 now. She got a little freaked out by the hospital scene but didn't think the rest was scary. She can handle this no problem.

Anyone else worried that Peter, Ray, and Winston's roles will be very small, almost a cameo? Maybe at the end?

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I watched the Exorcist with my DD when she was 9. She's 10 now. She got a little freaked out by the hospital scene but didn't think the rest was scary. She can handle this no problem.

wtf, ghostbusters with that fuck in the fridge gave me nightmares for months.

ManaByte

I think they're basically in it for the final battle so while it might not be a load of screen time, probably more than a slight cameo.
I think it’s something like 10 minutes of screen time based on the NYCC screening?

People say the final fight is
Peter, Ray, Winston, and Dana suited up along with Egon’s two grandkids.
They win because Egon is on the other side to keep the Gozer portal closed forever.

Last edited:

The Skull

I think it’s something like 10 minutes of screen time based on the NYCC screening?

They win because Egon is on the other side to keep the Gozer portal closed forever.
I had seen that as well. Also everyone stick around after the credits because apparently there are two post credit scenes. I unfortunately got them spoiled, if the spoiler was true.

I think they're basically in it for the final battle so while it might not be a load of screen time, probably more than a slight cameo.

Just what I feared, I'll still give it a watch but it just isn't Ghostbusters to me without the original cast in the spotlight. Almost have the feeling it would've been better if they just stopped after 2 if they can't have the OG Ghosbusters be the main characters. Of course we know why that'll never happen....money.

Ionian

That sounds weirdly fitting and kinda awesome.

ManaByte

That sounds weirdly fitting and kinda awesome.

Apparently
Peter and Dana are married and Winston and Janine are married.

Ray lives alone and has been in his book store for the last 30 years keeping an eye on things, but it's been quiet until the stuff starts happening in Oklahoma.

You can see Peter's wedding band in the trailer and gif above.

Last edited:

Ionian

Apparently
Peter and Dana are married and Winston and Janine are married.

Ray lives alone and has been in his book store for the last 30 years keeping an eye on things, but it's been quiet until the stuff starts happening in Oklahoma.

You can see Peter's wedding band in the trailer and gif above.

Wasn't going to but now i'm in for the cinema. Sounds great as a send off to the old crew. Hardly like they'll be in more. (notr a spoiler, age, etc).

Now, I guess I'll have to watch it to know if it sticks with me. I hope so. A new generation of fans would be amazing for anyone who grew up on it. to simply pass the torch.

ManaByte

Sounds great as a send off to the old crew. Hardly like they'll be in more. (notr a spoiler, age, etc).

Actually I could see Ray being in the next few movies. His idea for the third movie was always him and Egon training a new generation of Ghostbusters.

In Hellbent it would've been Chris Farley and Chris Rock as the two new ones, after Hellbent fell apart and around 2014 when they were working on the new GB3 (before Ramis died) it was Ben Stiller.

Ionian

Actually I could see Ray being in the next few movies. His idea for the third movie was always him and Egon training a new generation of Ghostbusters.

In Hellbent it would've been Chris Farley and Chris Rock as the two new ones, after Hellbent fell apart and around 2014 when they were working on the new GB3 (before Ramis died) it was Ben Stiller.

Read snippets alright, had no idea Ben Stiller was involved at all. Chris Farley and Chris Rock? That does seem off to me as being a good film. Chris Rock's comedy is just shouting like an old woman, in a cinema it would be very excruciating.

ManaByte

Read snippets alright, had no idea Ben Stiller was involved at all. Chris Farley and Chris Rock? That does seem off to me as being a good film. Chris Rock's comedy is just shouting like an old woman, in a cinema it would be very excruciating.

They were writing Hellbent during the 90s SNL era. So those two were big members of the cast in that era.

After Farley died the whole thing started to unravel, especially since Murray wouldn't come back (at one point Peter would've been a ghost).

So they shelved the Hellbent script and a lot of it was repurposed into the Ghostbusters game, which people claim is GB3, but this movie shows it's not canon.

After Hellbent fell apart, and after the game was made, Aykroyd and Ramis began writing ANOTHER Ghostbusters 3 and that's the one that would've had Ben Stiller as a new Ghostbuster. They had 2 scripts, one with Murray and one without. When Ramis died, that one fell apart.

Then we got the 2016 abortion. It was a flop due to how much money it cost to make. The cast each demanded so much money. It was like Amazing Spider-Man 2. They spent so much on the movie it wasn't profitable.

So then they went to the son of the original director (who was on set on GB1 and actually in GB2) to make a Ghostbusters 3 that's a sequel to the first two movies. It mostly references the first movie, but Ray has the toaster in his book store.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I was worried about Peter (Bill) after his performance in GB the Game and this confirms it.
We got Garfield instead of Venkman again.

Ionian

They were writing Hellbent during the 90s SNL era. So those two were big members of the cast in that era.

After Farley died the whole thing started to unravel, especially since Murray wouldn't come back (at one point Peter would've been a ghost).

So they shelved the Hellbent script and a lot of it was repurposed into the Ghostbusters game, which people claim is GB3, but this movie shows it's not canon.

After Hellbent fell apart, and after the game was made, Aykroyd and Ramis began writing ANOTHER Ghostbusters 3 and that's the one that would've had Ben Stiller as a new Ghostbuster. They had 2 scripts, one with Murray and one without. When Ramis died, that one fell apart.

Then we got the 2016 abortion. It was a flop due to how much money it cost to make. The cast each demanded so much money. It was like Amazing Spider-Man 2. They spent so much on the movie it wasn't profitable.

So then they went to the son of the original director (who was on set on GB1 and actually in GB2) to make a Ghostbusters 3 that's a sequel to the first two movies. It mostly references the first movie, but Ray has the toaster in his book store.

Cheers for clearing that up. Loved the game but never had the time (at the time) to do a full playthrough.

I didn't mind the SNL version but it wasn't really Ghostbusters at all. Was just to see the old places and then quickly forgot about it.

Much like newer Star Wars.

I really hope this is good to get it kicking again and I only like the first film really, was magical. BRB watching Ghostbusters songs.

The Skull

Apparently:

One of the post credit scenes is with Janine and Winston. Winston is a well off entrepreneur and is having a discussion with Janine about how he'll always be a Ghostbuster and talking about legacy. It then shows him opening up the firehouse and seeing Ecto 1 back. Camera then pans over to the light that goes off when they get a call and it starts glowing red

ManaByte

Apparently:

One of the post credit scenes is with Janine and Winston. Winston is a well off entrepreneur and is having a discussion with Janine about how he'll always be a Ghostbuster and talking about legacy. It then shows him opening up the firehouse and seeing Ecto 1 back. Camera then pans over to the light that goes off when they get a call and it starts glowing red

Yup there are photos of them filming the firehouse for that.

Last edited:

The Skull

I know it's impossible but it would be hilarious if this flopped harder than ghostbusters 2016. Funnily enough that 2016 trailer has become somewhat nostalgic to me.
That was the first time I'd ever seen an example of the "culture wars" where because a film looked bad, reviewed bad (with audiences) and tanked ( relative to budget and marketing) it was all down to "misogyny", not that it was a crap film. Now its par for the course nowadays if a film is crap, just blame someone else.

JCK75

I liked the 2016 version , it’s ghostbusters with girls .. ghostbusters was always cheesy .. but what ever . Just because the cast was female doesn’t make it a bad movie ..

woukd be hilarious if true , yes.

It was horrible.. I'm a fan of freaks and geeks so I thought Paul Feig was an awesome choice, the cast was incredible IMO except Leslie Jones who annoys the hell out of me, I really expected it to be a solid movie and was completely OK with them rebooting it as a Female ghostbusters.... but what we got was the most lazy writing I've ever seen, Leslie Jones ended up being the only cast member who seemed like she wanted to be there and put any effort at all into it, and the jokes.. not a single joke landed..

The Original Ghostbusters was fun and pretty much every joke landed perfectly, 2016 is an abomination.

ManaByte

I liked the 2016 version , it’s ghostbusters with girls .. ghostbusters was always cheesy .. but what ever . Just because the cast was female doesn’t make it a bad movie ..

woukd be hilarious if true , yes.
The movie was dog shit. They were killing ghosts in it, the originals just captured ghosts. The only ones they killed were the big bads who were banished.

Top Bottom