• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE — Final Trailer "Hey, have you missed us?"

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
Hope someday an studio reboot this:

Joe Kosinski was going to make that after Tron: Legacy (which is why the original Black Hole poster is in that movie). But Tron underperformed so that was canned.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Feb 25, 2010
Joe Kosinski was going to make that after Tron: Legacy (which is why the original Black Hole poster is in that movie). But Tron underperformed so that was canned.
That is sad...Black Hole would be a great movie these days on the proper hands.

Wheeljack539

Jun 9, 2004
LA
Just got back - great movie. I wasn't sure at first but as it went on I really found myself enjoying it. Honestly I thought Trevor was more of the weak point but Phoebe was great (along with the dad jokes).

Only real part I wish they did better was
how the originals came in.

I also initially feared about it being Phoebe alone stopping Gozer until Egon slowly materialized and I couldn't help smiling.

Both of them edging close to the other 3 OG Ghostbusters so it looked like all four back together firing on Gozer was a great scene.

Really great movie in my opinion.

How did they do Ramis' face? CG or Deepfake? Since he was a ghost it was nowhere near as jarring for this effect so it looked really good.

Reactions: Lux R7

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
Yeah, they could have had him show up at the end, and Peter would say “Oscar!” or something, and he could be played by Jonah Hill or some shit.

I was thinking he was gonna come up when they were playing with cards as a quick cameo and said mom really or something that woulda been awesome.

VulcanRaven

Jan 7, 2018
This was great. I'm glad that we finally have Ghostbusters 3. The new characters were good and I liked the story.
How did they do Ramis' face? CG or Deepfake? Since he was a ghost it was nowhere near as jarring for this effect so it looked really good.
Probably cgi like Tarkin in Rogue One. I wish he had said something. One line would have been enough. I understand why he didn't but maybe they could have used some unused dialogue from the 2009 game.

Last edited:

WoodyStare

Mar 24, 2021
Jawnski, PA
So….was it a box office
flop?
Hard to say at the moment, but it’s doing well so far. It had a budget of $75 million (not including marketing/distribution) and needs to make around twice that amount in order to become profitable. It’s already at $90 million after a week and it’ll make plenty more this weekend, so it’s off to an excellent start. Also need to consider rentals/purchases once it leaves theaters (and toys).

For comparison, Ghostbusters 2016 had a $144 million budget but only made $229 million, so it lost the studio around $60 million.

Last edited:

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Just watched it tonight, also my first D-Box seat for a movie. Really enjoyed it. They focused too much on the kids for my liking, but the story was fun, the throwbacks were nice without being 90% of the movie, and the D-Box experience was really cool.

I went in with low expectations but had a great time.