• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire Tokyo Features 6 Graphical Modes on PS5

S0ULZB0URNE

that is literally... what they are doing. they most likely could get out of the deal, especially since this doesn't seem to become a huge system seller or anything for PS5
Pe4PpU7.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Y’all asked for this.
I think there will be one day fist start to back to normal and become good again.

But to reach that day devs will put several useless half-assed options before realize when minus is better and focus in one or two killer modes.

S0ULZB0URNE

Why else is this game still PS5 console exclusive for a year ?

"Honor the agreements/deals" are the literal words Bloomberg used:

He downplayed the game AND foolishly said they could of got out of the deal.

Reading works best without a horse in the race.

Keihart

I generally wonder why that is not an option on the Consoles yet? I think there are a few that have done it, just can't remember.
FOV does affect performance, so it makes sense to not have it or have a very limited slider in most games on consoles.
It used to be the case at least, now games do whatever the fuck they want with modes and shit so who cares, at this point it should be an option ...or fuck it, make it 12 modes instead of 6. The fish mode, The horse mode, The quality horse mode, the performance horse mode, the quality fish mode and performance fish mode.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I think there will be one day fist start to back to normal and become good again.

But to reach that day devs will put several useless half-assed options before realize when minus is better and focus in one or two killer modes.
You have those two modes here. What’s the problem?
They’re future-proofing, we should hope that all devs do this now, lots of devs won’t return to their old games even if people cry on Twitter later when they realize two modes isn’t enough.

Dr Bass

Can you read or you are blind?I said it is a first party CONSOLE TIMED EXCLUSIVE.The deal for the timed exclusivity was signed long before Microsoft acquire ZeniMax Media and this game was presented in the first branch of PS5 games in PS5 console reveal.Microsoft has nothing to do with this.The developers are working with sony for very long time with this game.When the exclusivity deal passes it is another story probably for next year!Timed exclusives are not happening because Tango or every other dev likes Sony but because Sony paid them for marketing reasons!And when i mean first party i mean a AAA game with a big budget!
One of the core tenets of language is to have agreed upon definitions for words and phrases so we can actually communicate.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I still stand by this.
No mode is good again.
Just make one 4k mode and one 1440p. Offer fps cap/uncap for both. done.
I don't want to choose between graphics this or that on a console. Look here is how the game can look but you ain’t playing that mode. Such a bs. And again the names of modes are arbitrary and not clear. Is high fidelity actually 4k or just high quality with low res? Same goes for every mode. I just wished there was maximum of 2 modes or nine at all. For sure modes should not have any difference aside resolution. Maybe fps cap option to think about pro consoles

Banned
I still stand by this.
No mode is good again.
Just make one 4k mode and one 1440p. Offer fps cap/uncap for both. done.
I don't want to choose between graphics this or that on a console. Look here is how the game can look but you ain’t playing that mode. Such a bs. And again the names of modes are arbitrary and not clear. Is high fidelity actually 4k or just high quality with low res? Same goes for every mode. I just wished there was maximum of 2 modes or nine at all. For sure modes should not have any difference aside resolution. Maybe fps cap option to think about pro consoles

nah, give me a full PC like Menu where I can enable and disable graphics settings.

I want full access to Antialiasing settings, motion blur, FOV, shadow quality, RayTracing settings and resolution.

developers rarely make the correct choices, big recent example would be the performance mode in Horizon Forbidden West that they thought would be a great idea to use checkerboard rendering for instead of a dynamic 1440p, which would look 10x better with all the foliage on screen

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
nah, give me a full PC like Menu where I can enable and disable graphics settings.

I want full access to Antialiasing settings, motion blur, FOV, shadow quality, RayTracing settings and resolution.

developers rarely make the correct choices, big recent example would be the performance mode in Horizon Forbidden West that they thought would be a great idea to use checkerboard rendering for instead of a dynamic 1440p, which would look 10x better with all the foliage on screen
God no
Just get a pc.
I like the comfort of console gaming. Getting best possible experience out of the box. Straight after putting the disc in.

ZywyPL

Banned
Gamers: How many modes will Ghostwire have?
Dev: Yes.

But jokes aside, the more options the better, everyone will be able to pick exactly what he prefers, this is what I'd honestly like every game to have, no one is left behind that way. Good job from the dev team.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
He downplayed the game AND foolishly said they could of got out of the deal.

Reading works best without a horse in the race.

Who said that ? the poster you quoted ? I was directly referring to what Bloomberg said, not the post quote chain.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If you don't like the title "first party" change it to AAA game like Deathloop,but this doesn't change the fact that it is a console timed exclusive and microsoft has nothing to do with this at the very moment.The Game is being developed for PS5 and also PC right now as we speaking.It will come eventually to microsoft consoles but we will see it probably next year!
Mate.

I only just realized you are a NeoMember and I hope I havent come too harsh.
Welcome to NeoGAF.

But AAA and First party arent interchangeable terms.

Hell id go as far as to say Ghostwire Tokyo doesnt meet the requirements of either term.
Cant confirm but I doubt its budget got into the AAA range.
And we know.....and I mean we know it isnt a first party title....on Playstation.

So it seems you might just be uninformed about gaming terminology or greatly greatly misguided.

But either way, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Banned
God no
Just get a pc.
I like the comfort of console gaming. Getting best possible experience out of the box. Straight after putting the disc in.

I have all systems including a decent PC. some games are stuck on console tho and some games have terrible ports on PC...
also you almost never get the best experience out of the box, becaus, as I said, developers often make stupid ass decisions.

Elden Ring on current gen is a good example for this, they pushed the settings too high to hit a steady 60fps in performance mode. changing a few select settings that wouldn't have much of an impact on the overall look would most likely lock it to 60fps.

or as I said Horizon Forbidden West... where some idiot decided that dynamic 1800cb is a better option than dynamic 1440p in performance mode, even tho checkerboarding doesn't look good with too much vegetation on screen.

or Control on current gen. where they have the game run at 1440p in Low settings to hit 60fps somehow. and the RT mode is locked to 30fps even tho with a VRR screen it would look perfectly fine unlocked and would play 10x better than with the input lag inducing vsync they use.

you almost never get the best experience possible on the console you play on.
hell, nothing confirms this more than the anecdote the Digital Foundry team shared a few weeks ago on DF Direct, where they talked about missing texture filtering in some games even tho it basically has close to no impact on performance... and it turns out, speaking with developers they basically often said they forgot to turn it on... because they didn't notice it wasn't there...
the developers of the game didn't notice that their textures look like ass as soon as you look at them at an angle.

also offering these options doesn't mean the developers can't also include a standard setting or maybe 2 presets for the peasants that aren't used to settings menus, and then have an option for advanced users to tinker with settings.

maybe hide it with a cheat code even, to really make sure not to overwhelm the plebs

Last edited:
Dang, it's like these fools are completely unaware that you can run 40FPS vsynced on a 120hz display. Where's that option? Someone needs to start a petition.

mckmas8808

Banned
that is literally... what they are doing. they most likely could get out of the deal, especially since this doesn't seem to become a huge system seller or anything for PS5

How Sway? How could they get out of the deal? The only way would be to buy Sony out of the deal. By why would MS do something stupid like that? Some people are acting as if MS are being saints by "honoring the deal". NO MAN! You are following a contract and breaching said contract would result in Sony suing for $100s of millions of dollars. "Honoring the deal" was MS' only real option.

Why else is this game still PS5 console exclusive for a year ?

"Honor the agreements/deals" are the literal words Bloomberg used:

Read above. Some people are making it a big deal that MS did that. It ain't!

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Wow, so now Playstation owners gonna spend hours tinkering with settings in this game

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have all systems including a decent PC. some games are stuck on console tho and some games have terrible ports on PC...
also you almost never get the best experience out of the box, becaus, as I said, developers often make stupid ass decisions.

Elden Ring on current gen is a good example for this, they pushed the settings too high to hit a steady 60fps in performance mode. changing a few select settings that wouldn't have much of an impact on the overall look would most likely lock it to 60fps.

or as I said Horizon Forbidden West... where some idiot decided that dynamic 1800cb is a better option than dynamic 1440p in performance mode, even tho checkerboarding doesn't look good with too much vegetation on screen.

or Control on current gen. where they have the game run at 1440p in Low settings to hit 60fps somehow. and the RT mode is locked to 30fps even tho with a VRR screen it would look perfectly fine unlocked and would play 10x better than with the input lag inducing vsync they use.

you almost never get the best experience possible on the console you play on.
hell, nothing confirms this more than the anecdote the Digital Foundry team shared a few weeks ago on DF Direct, where they talked about missing texture filtering in some games even tho it basically has close to no impact on performance... and it turns out, speaking with developers they basically often said they forgot to turn it on... because they didn't notice it wasn't there...
the developers of the game didn't notice that their textures look like ass as soon as you look at them at an angle.

also offering these options doesn't mean the developers can't also include a standard setting or maybe 2 presets for the peasants that aren't used to settings menus, and then have an option for advanced users to tinker with settings.

maybe hide it with a cheat code even, to really make sure not to overwhelm the plebs
I dont want to do this. I also have 3080 pc and ps5. I sometimes choose ps5 just becaues I want to play the game and ignore all the other stuff.
I enjoy console experience.
I want to be give the best, prepped experience.

It is not about settings being hard or difficult to set up. Not about that at all.
I don't want to be bothered, it's a console. I want curated, perfect exeperience.
If there are all the options, we need framerate counter, vrr, fps limiters and detailed settings. You cant have settings without fps and gpu% counter

Last edited:

Fbh

I dont want to do this. I also have 3080 pc and ps5. I sometimes choose ps5 just becaues I want to play the game and ignore all the other stuff.
I enjoy console experience.
I want to be give the best, prepped experience.

It is not about settings being hard or difficult to set up. Not about that at all.
I don't want to be bothered, it's a console. I want curated, perfect exeperience.
If there are all the options, we need framerate counter, vrr, fps limiters and detailed settings. You cant have settings without fps and gpu% counter

I don't get the issue.
Can't you just start up the game and hit play? Most games default to a specific mode or at most it will ask you which one you want. It's no different than any initial options like difficulty or screen brightness.

There's not such thing as a curated perfect experience on console. With limited hardware devs will always have to make compromises, now they are just letting you choose which area you want to compromise.

This this this this this this this

Top Bottom