• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - February 2022 Official Showcase | PS5 [Feb. 3rd]

Sygma

Is this a Next gen only game? Minimum PC specs are pretty hefty for a last gen release (Rzen 2600 - 12 gb ram - RX 5500) This game is not a looker by any means...

I can't think of a single Japanese game ever being cutting edge graphics wise outside of Final fantasy series

GymWolf

The only risk i see for this game is to be more show than substance, hopefully the game is gonna be hard and with a lot of shit to unlock and with a good enemy variety.

Also add some damn ragdoll in a game where you kill stuff in first person, seeing that bit where he launch a granade and all the enemies fall down in the same moment with the exact same animation was ugh.

Last edited:
I think its more that Sony no longer cares about it since its a Microsoft game and so they're giving the bare minimum effort to fulfill contracts.
Possibly, but I think Sony doesn’t really care about it because it’s a niche Japanese game. The marketing has been seemingly nonexistent unlike Deathloop which seemed to be pushed much more.

Last edited:

amc

Looks pretty slow for what, after watching whats been released, looks like a game that boils down to being a first person shooter. I don't know what exploration it has cooked up but I hope it's more than what's been shown.

Slow elemental attacks can only suffice so far when you have shit like Ghost runner and Dishonored etc, etc out there.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
I can't think of a single Japanese game ever being cutting edge graphics wise outside of Final fantasy series
I mean, Resident Evil looks pretty good these days.

Re3demo_2020.03.19_-_23.01.07.10.mp4_snapshot_06.35.jpg

Resident-Evil-7.jpg

Devil May Cry too
DMC5_screens_12.jpg

Sygma

you said final fantasy is cutting edge and these games look better than FFXV and 7 remake smh... at least on PC

I never mentionned a game in particular I simply said final fantasy series, and its a bit silly to compare RE to it. Original point was that Japanese games aren't exactly known for cutting edge graphics in the vast majority. And what you brought up is just resident evil / dmc 5, the later absolutely isn't anything special

Edit : gran turismo qualifies I guess

Last edited:

iorek21

I hope enemies are more aggressive in the final version, combat felt a little off in the current state.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I love getting unique game like this, sure it’s risk and it doesn’t have mainstream appeal but god damn makes game industry interesting.

If we only get games thats mainstream and all about selling big numbers then its gonna be as boring as Hollywood becoming Marvel machines.
I might have to buy this for PS5. Was going to wait for Xbox, but it looks fun and completely original.

I wont pay $70, but I'll get it if it's $50 soon.

SkylineRKR

While Japan might not be cutting edge, their games are usually less broken.

I played through Lost Judgment, RE Village etc without issue. I can't say the same for lots of games developed in the west, with Cyberpunk leading the pack and now Dying Light being a piece of shit.

Ghostwire looks original, and it's probably going to function.

Sygma

How about Death Stranding?

RE Village and Cyberpunk 2077 are the best graphics on PS5 so far, imo. Can't think of anything that come closer to those (maybe Ratchet?).

Death stranding's engine isn't made by Kojima's crew

Also yes ratchet and demon's souls, RE engine is good stuff but again it's about the majority of Japanese games aren't exactly cutting edge, i'm not saying that they're not capable of delivering

Last edited:

Fbh

Hadn't been too interested in this but this showing really did a lot to sell me on the game, looks like a lot of fun.

And sticking to their "cutting edge visuals" reputation is the worst thing that has happened to modern Final Fantasy.
The best thing about the XVI reveal were the average graphics, maybe they can finally start focusing on making a complete feeling experience with a fun world instead of a pretty hallways like XIII or a pretty incomplete mess like XV.

Last edited:
Death stranding's engine isn't made by Kojima's crew

Also yes ratchet and demon's souls, RE engine is good stuff but again it's about the majority of Japanese games aren't exactly cutting edge, i'm not saying that they're not capable of delivering
Well, with UE being so common these days, it's not so much about who builds the tech from scratch but more about who can make good use of it. Besides, Kojima co-developed/updated the Decima engine with Guerrilla.

I agree that the vast majority of Japanese games these days is technically bad and on average western studios have better tech, but when the japanese invest in tech and production, they tend to create the best looking games.

Buggy Loop

$47.99 for steam version on green man gaming. Tempting… but I know i won’t be done with Elden ring by that time… hmmm what to do..

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I was on the fence with this one but that showcase sold me! Elden Ring and Horizon this month, Ghostwire, GT7 and Kirby next month!! Damn!!!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hadn't been too interested in this but this showing really did a lot to sell me on the game, looks like a lot of fun.

And sticking to their "cutting edge visuals" reputation is the worst thing that has happened to modern Final Fantasy.
The best thing about the XVI reveal were the average graphics, maybe they can finally start focusing on making a complete feeling experience with a fun world instead of a pretty hallways like XIII or a pretty incomplete mess like XV.
100% agree with this and even Final Fantasy’s “cutting edge” most of the time it doesn’t bring best results, I mean have you looked at NPCs in FFVIIR? Most of them are so damn ugly, now compare it to Dragon Quest XI’s NPC which is less cutting edge.

Good art direction always surpass cutting edge graphics any day.

G-Bus

Banned
I'll try this out just because it's really different. Can't help but think of Naruto with all the hand gestures and tags.

Sygma

Not the point

Mr Moose

Did you play it on PS5? The game has problems on last gen consoles, but I thought it was a consensus that it looks amazing on PC, PS5 and XSX.
Yes, it's a PS4 game, it looks ugly and blurry.
Unless something changed recently, it looks like this:

Last edited:
Yes, it's a PS4 game, it looks ugly and blurry.
Unless something changed recently, it looks like this:

You will be surprised by how it looks when you actually play it on PS5. This is a bad video. Cyberpunk runs with lots of optimization on new consoles and looks nothing like the PS4 version. Doesn't look blurry at all and I highly doubt someone would dare call it ugly.

Better video:

Mr Moose

You will be surprised by how it looks when you actually play it on PS5. This is a bad video. Cyberpunk runs with lots of optimization on new consoles and looks nothing like the PS4 version. Doesn't look blurry at all and I highly doubt someone would dare call it ugly.

Better video:

I've only ever played it on PS5, and it looks bad/blurry to me. It is literally a PS4 game in BC mode, there is no PS5 version (its just the PS4 Pro version with a 60fps cap).

Last edited:
How about Death Stranding?

RE Village and Cyberpunk 2077 are the best graphics on PS5 so far, imo. Can't think of anything that come closer to those (maybe Ratchet?).
Yup, Death Stranding looks so good, as well as Metal Gear Solid 5.
I remember The Evil Within 2 looking so damn good too.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The more I see if this game the more excited I get which is strange because I’m not fan of FPS but like original Bioshock there is something about this game that just intrigues me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom