• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - February 2022 Official Showcase | PS5 [Feb. 3rd]

CGiRanger

Banned
The rainy nighttime tokyo is already a huge selling point. Visually i'm sold but still a bit sceptical about the gameplay.
Yeah, I absolutely love the visuals with the setting in proper Tokyo Japan, and all the creatures from Japanese mythologies. But I am very concerned about the open-world/non-linear game design and the first-person combat. Hoping I'll be proved wrong of course, but for me non-linear game design always becomes a slog of "tick this box off" game design and lacks focus and care and crafting in really good moments and gameplay flow.

Still might pick up on PC depending on reviews and impressions from others.

Recorded Video up:

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah, I absolutely love the visuals with the setting in proper Tokyo Japan, and all the creatures from Japanese mythologies. But I am very concerned about the open-world/non-linear game design and the first-person combat. Hoping I'll be proved wrong of course, but for me non-linear game design always becomes a slog of "tick this box off" game design and lacks focus and care and crafting in really good moments and gameplay flow.

Still might pick up on PC depending on reviews and impressions from others.
Still doesn't look to fast in the overall movement. I hope the city is scaled appropriate and feels dense. I refuse to believe this will be an Ubisoft checklist. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
This was well edited. I like seeing the faces of the developers behind the game, and of course Shinji Mikami the GOAT

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
March
Triangle-Strategy-boxart-633x1024.jpg
114081_or.jpg
Relayer-2-1.jpg

tumblr_nsvul79Z9o1s3h43ko1_500.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm already bankrupt from February. 😖
Honestly the money is not even the biggest problem. Elden Ring coming out end of Feb and immediately after that Triangle Strategy coming out in March 4th and Replayer coming in March 24th and GhostWire coming 25th.

How the fuck I'm gonna have time to play all these games.

Bragr

Banned
Doctor Strange in Tokyo. It's hard to grasp how it's gonna play, are those hand-waving signals really gonna be fun to do throughout the entire game?

Arachnid

I'm sorry to say, but this looks kind of awful. Nothing about the gameplay loop has caught me so far. The monster designs are all kind of lame too. I hope this game doesn't end up killing Tango. I need Evil Within 3.

Tqaulity

Anyone else see how this game is a perfect showcase for the DualSense? I think that's what Sony saw in wanting to get it exclusive to PS5. All of the spells, enemy interactions, the wire squeeze attack etc just scream HAPTIC FEEDBACK and ADAPTIVE TRIGGERs :messenger_winking:. It almost looks as if the game was designed specifically to showcase the DualSense. Interested to see what they did with it.

Haggard

Banned
So basically it's a supernatural-themed first person open world(?) shooter with handsigns instead of guns.
I like the style, but I have my doubts about the fun factor of the minute to minute gameplay after this presentation.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why, oh why, did they wait to show something like this. The game was already visually intriguing but I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking "Yeah but what do you do!"

. . .everything in that video looked really good.
. . .I am very concerned about the open-world/non-linear game design and the first-person combat.

Nothing about what we've seen so far would suggest to me this an an Ubi-Openworld (which I don't have a problem with). The city layout (from the map and direct area design) reminds me of YAKUZA, trading wide and empty for narrow, tall and (hopefully) dense.

Ezekiel_

Banned
The visuals are beautiful and original, but the gameplay looked really flat to me. They didn't sell me on the combat or the exploration.

Style over substance?

Man, I was sorta looking past Ghostwire after my abysmal playthrough with Deathpoop, but I am relieved. Can't wait to play!

VN1X

Banned
So it's an open-world Naruto FPS? I'm in!

Even comes with its own Craig-esque meme apparently. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

l7w2lwR.png

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Surprisingly interested in this after this showcase, especially interested in the ghost designs and use of 3D audio.
There was a lot of talk of ray tracing toward the end of the video, do we know the modes and whether it’s 30fps RT or lower res RT.

VN1X

Banned
Loving that trailer music at the end as well, hoping it's in the final game.

Also, does this have any chance of ever appearing on XBOX? I don't have a PS5 (nor do I expect I'll be able to get one before March lol) so I'll probably get it on my old PC first with hopefully being able to double dip it later on XBOX.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Is this a Next gen only game? Minimum PC specs are pretty hefty for a last gen release (Rzen 2600 - 12 gb ram - RX 5500) This game is not a looker by any means...

YukiOnna

Loving that trailer music at the end as well, hoping it's in the final game.

Also, does this have any chance of ever appearing on XBOX? I don't have a PS5 (nor do I expect I'll be able to get one before March lol) so I'll probably get it on my old PC first with hopefully being able to double dip it later on XBOX.
Phil said it'll release about 1 year after the PS version IIRC.

Top Bottom