• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - February 2022 Official Showcase | PS5 [Feb. 3rd]

VN1X

Banned
Is this a Next gen only game? Minimum PC specs are pretty hefty for a last gen release (Rzen 2600 - 12 gb ram - RX 5500) This game is not a looker by any means...
Aside from my CPU (although I did do a tiny OC), does that mean I'll be somewhat fine? :lollipop_anguish:

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G
i5-8600K 3600 1151 - Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB - PC4-24000
Kingston A2000 1TB M.2

//DEVIL//

I mean with all respect .. I got bored 4 mins in watching the gameplay. How can I play this ?
Or even pay full price for it ?

Pass from me. If it hit game pass one day in the future on pc I’ll give it a try . Or maybe if it universally gets a higher score I’ll look at it again. So far from that video . Uh no

Thedtrain

Definitely not my type of game but I thought it looked pretty cool.

Art direction is neat, this feels unique to me

sircaw

Banned
Watched the video, here are my two cents.

Like the way the game looks, bright colorful environments.

However, to me something is off with the spell casting/weaving, The effects look great but it feels lifeless in its actual impact of the spells.

It's really hard to explain but I felt like you were just going through the motions, casting, destroying mobs and proceeding to the next. It felt kinda lifeless to me in the combat feel department.

Hope i am wrong.

Last edited:

spartan30gr

Finaly a propet dr strange game
e
Benedict Cumberbatch Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Banned
Is this a Next gen only game? Minimum PC specs are pretty hefty for a last gen release (Rzen 2600 - 12 gb ram - RX 5500) This game is not a looker by any means...

well let's be honest here. this is only a next gen only title because Sony wanted to have PS5 exclusives. same reason Deathloop is only on next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets ported to Xbox One after the Sony contract is over...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks fun, but kinda let down if it ends being a Far Cry kind of game.

CGiRanger

Banned
Looks boring. Mc doing all this shit magic against helpless enemies. Where's the fun?
This touches upon a point I'd not realized in the footage. The enemies, for how nice they look aesthetically to me, don't actually come off as "threatening" in how they've been presented. You'd think especially since they went with FPS view, these enemies should be things that you would be cautious of and not just rush in to attack. But I'm worried that the focus on "action" here too much has removed any "Horror" aspect they could have had. And on the gameplay side, I didn't see any interesting looking attacks or moves by the enemy characters either to take advantage of their unique appearances.

Also it feels like the overall Brightness and saturation to these enemies seems very high. I'd have preferred a much darker looking game lighting environment than what it is currently looking like.

YukiOnna

This touches upon a point I'd not realized in the footage. The enemies, for how nice they look aesthetically to me, don't actually come off as "threatening" in how they've been presented. You'd think especially since they went with FPS view, these enemies should be things that you would be cautious of and not just rush in to attack. But I'm worried that the focus on "action" here too much has removed any "Horror" aspect they could have had. And on the gameplay side, I didn't see any interesting looking attacks or moves by the enemy characters either to take advantage of their unique appearances.

Also it feels like the overall Brightness and saturation to these enemies seems very high. I'd have preferred a much darker looking game lighting environment than what it is currently looking like.
They have repeatedly said that it's not a horror game of any kind though, it's an action/adventure game with paranormal elements that might give it a spooky feel. Interviewers annoyingly were trying really hard to get something out of them to say it's got a bit of horror in it. I am glad they didn't go for anything dreary. Leave that for TEW.

Youkai doesn't necessarily mean it has to be horror.

lachesis

This reminds me of Kujaku-oh (Peacock King) manga that I used to read back in the days - especially the earlier episodes that focused on paranormal activities.
I like the fact that it doesn't seem to be focusing overly on precision "aiming" like other gun shooting games.

Environment looks really good - but the characters do look little rough... but good thing is that you don't really look at your character much in this genre ;)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Game looks amazing to me, AI doesnt look very threatening though

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Looks unique and intriguing, I always trust in Mikami to deliver with whatever he's involved in. My two concerns:

1. Something about the physics seems off, attacks lacking a kinetic feel and that certain "oomph".

2. As I wrote in another thread, why SONY is stacking so many exclusives so close to eachother is a mystery and makes very little sense in maximizing sales potential. This would have been a *perfect* summer release, June/July when things are slower, feel like it's just being sent out to die in light of M$ acquiring Bethesda.

Love the enemy designs and slick animations, "wire execution" animation in particular looks dope af. Exploring a vibrant, neon-lit Tokyo with with all manner of strange beast set loose is an exciting proposition but it will have to wait until much later, way too many other games coming out in Feb/March that will be taking my time and $$$, shame.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I had little hopes, but it doesn't look bad. Seems like a good 8/10 game.

Though I think it'd have made an excellent 10/10 game if it were on PSVR 2. The gameplay style lends to VR perfectly: different finger positions for different spells and attacks, blocking shields with hand gestures, etc. would have felt real good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Looks a bit too slow; For some reason, I imagined that the action would be more nervous/hectic. Mildly curious still...
Do you guys want it be fast as something like Doom or Quake? I personally like its current speed I dont want it to be super fast like those games if I'm perfectly honest.

This might be in first person but it doesn't exactly plays like shooter that needs to be fast. Last FPS I enjoyed was original Bioshock and that game wasn't fast either but I think thats what I like about it.

Sony not pushing this game because its JP based and not another third person cinematic adventure tails in the style of a american HBO show besides that the game looks great wish we got more unique and trippy games like this.

Elog

I had fairly low expectations going in watching the show - very positively surprised. Weird and cool at the same time. Looks suddenly like a likely buy for me. Did not expect that!

arvfab

Banned
Sony not pushing this game because its JP based and not another third person cinematic adventure tails in the style of a american HBO show besides that the game looks great wish we got more unique and trippy games like this.

Saying it under a dedicated SoP and after it was one of the games for the PS5 reveal...

I think I'm smelling a troll....

Basketball Wives Smell GIF by VH1

Hoppa

The way they were dodging enemy attacks then attacking like a Souls game seems a bit strange in first person.. don’t know if this game is for me. I like the hand animations and the abilities seem interesting though

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I always ignored this title and I'm glad I didn't do it now. It looks fun, game-y and super polished. Hopefully it delivers!

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Sony not pushing this game because its JP based and not another third person cinematic adventure tails in the style of a american netflix show besides that the game looks great wish we got more unique and trippy games like this.
Perfected it 👍

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I love getting unique game like this, sure it’s risk and it doesn’t have mainstream appeal but god damn makes game industry interesting.

If we only get games thats mainstream and all about selling big numbers then its gonna be as boring as Hollywood becoming Marvel machines.

drotahorror

Looks really cool! Not a day 1 for me, but definitely somewhere down the road.

People are trippin on the graphics. Awesome spell effects and the part where the environments are changing like an acid trip looked great.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

This is looking great and fun . Any game that you can parry enemies attack is fun to me . Would be getting this most likely , but just a little disappointed they didn't went all out horror .

Last edited:
Top Bottom