• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo on sale for $39.99 until 5/11 (PS5 only)

fart town usa

Gold Member

Also got an update the other day that addressed a lot of concerns. As some of you know, I thoroughly enjoyed this game. First platinum I've ever got. Good time to take the plunge if you've been on the fence.

This update features new gameplay and quality of life improvements; numerous bug fixes; and even a festive new cosmetic item and emotes to use in Photo Mode! Read on for the full details.

Update Highlights
  • Performance Improvements: This update addresses some performance issues for PS5 and PC.
  • Silence, Tengu: There’ve been some noise complaints about the Tengu, so Ed has developed some noise-cancelling headphones for Akito and KK. (Tengu volume can now be adjusted.)
  • Children’s Day Cosmetic and Emotes: Two new emotes and a new headwear piece inspired by Golden Week.

Children’s Day
Held annually on May 5 in Japan, Children’s Day is one of four national holidays observed during Golden Week, to celebrate the health and happiness of children—typically by decorating with fish-shaped kites and wearing paper samurai helmets! Now you can get in on the festivities in Ghostwire: Tokyo:
  • Koinobori Emote – Akito displays koi-shaped streamers
  • "They Grow Up So Fast" Emote – Akito proudly dons a folded paper “Kabuto” samurai helmet
  • Paper Kabuto – Wear the origami samurai helmet from the emote

Changes and Improvements
  • Added “Yokai Volume” slider, allowing players to adjust the screeching of the Tengu
  • Added “Mouse Smoothing” option (Allows players to enable/disable mouse smoothing)
  • Fast travel is now available earlier in the game

Bug Fixes
All Platforms
  • Improved overall performance
  • Overhauled starting values for player camera options
  • Adjusted gamepad analog stick deadzone, and added options to adjust deadzone
  • Fixed collision issues in some environments
  • Spirit Perception Prayer Beads will no longer guide you towards spirits you have already absorbed
  • Fixed text for some menu items in French and German
PC Fixes
  • Improved mouse/keyboard input when weaving
  • Added “Movie Display Mode” option
    • If you are experiencing sound desync issues in cutscenes, setting “Movie Display Mode” to “Performance” will correct the issue
  • Fixed progression issue with certain cutscenes
  • Added a warning display when using too much VRAM
  • Fixed issue with windowed mode on the title screen
  • Fixed 5K resolution issue on the title screen
  • Fixed Sharpness option when using FSR 1.0
  • Fixed issue when selecting difficulty

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's the natural consequence of games subscriptions : less people buy the game, instead opting to wait for it to be available there.

I bet movies and music have seen similar trends.
Yea, look at any comment section when it comes to new releases, "I'll just wait for gamepass..."

it it what it is but yea, not sure if that's gonna be a total negative for studios in the future. We have enough of those threads though, hope I didn't just spawn another one, lol.

It's the natural consequence of games subscriptions : less people buy the game, instead opting to wait for it to be available there.

The best outcome I can hope for is that this inspires game devs to make their games even greater and more enticing so that people feel the need to want to buy them anyway due to their quality. The other outcome seems bleak.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How are the dualsense controls?

I can't comment on that, but based on the PC version (and the DF video) the controller scheme and analog stick usage in general is pretty bad.

The most floaty controls in a game I've played in recent memory, and deadzone tinkering only barely fixed it.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've seen a few others say this and it sets a dangerous precedent for a lot of devs. Not complaining, it is what it is I guess.

Not really, just don't want to pay upfront for a game that is under MS now.:messenger_sunglasses:

Haters Gonna Hate GIF

Last edited:

Arthimura

I bought it at full price and I have zero regrets.

I recommend playing it in a chill mood, looking to enjoy the Shibuya ambience at night, the rain, the DJ musics and the fun combat and exploration. Not every game needs to be the biggest hit in the industry and revolutionize it's genre, or have pretentious storylines. Sometimes the best experiences are from games that we don't even expect.

Last edited:

trikster40

Damn, was going to bite but I prefer physical copy, and it’s $50 on Amazon. See it cheaper used through a couple of other places, but prefer that new smell

Kerotan

Thankfully streaming services can't replicate the experience of going to the cinema. God I love my over priced popcorn and skittles!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Nothing wrong with the game, it's just it's the same with most horror games. Same as well with Elden Ring, won't touch it even if you pay me to play it. Personal preference.
Okay. Our boys in sacred symbols all really enjoyed it so I'm considering it but my backlog is stupid huge.

Haggard

Banned
That game`s available on the used market for ~30 bucks, in europe at least. If it continues deprecating at this speed it will be in the sub 20 region in a few weeks.
Guess this one flopped pretty hard.

wipeout364

Really enjoyed it. Fantastic game but I think your enjoyment may depend on how much you are into Japanese culture. The mechanics are good but not excellent.

Personally, I just really enjoyed listening to the lore, moving around Tokyo, and seeing the Japanese art and setting. The gameplay is B tier but the art and setting are A tier for me but this is highly subjective.

Really enjoyed it. Fantastic game but I think your enjoyment may depend on how much you are into Japanese culture. The mechanics are good but not excellent.

Personally, I just really enjoyed listening to the lore, moving around Tokyo, and seeing the Japanese art and setting. The gameplay is B tier but the art and setting are A tier for me but this is highly subjective.
BFjNdlb.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom