• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GhostWire: Tokyo PS5 - First Hands-On Preview

faisalasif

I got a chance to play GhostWire: Tokyo on PS5 - First Hands-On Preview. I was able to show first 20 mins of gameplay.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is a stunning action-adventure game designed exclusively for the PlayStation 5 from Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks. Experience Tango’s unique vision of Tokyo – a stunning metropolis rich in tradition and history – as players face off against a supernatural threat.
A massive paranormal event causes the sudden disappearance of 99% of the population while spirits from Japanese folklore storm Tokyo. Players will harness paranormal abilities to solve the mystery of the disappearances and save the city.

Game Size: 19GB +

Modes : 4 Fidelity with RT, performance ( 2 more not sure what they do)

GhostWire: Tokyo (PS5) 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay - (PS5 Version)​

Special Thanks to Tango Gameworks & Bethesda for providing me early hands-On Preview.

rubhen925

To add on to this. There are High FPS modes and VRR modes. But since PS5 doesn't support VRR they recommend not using the last two modes with VRR. High FPS mode I'm guessing is for 120 fps but will have to confirm as I dont have a 120 fps monitor.

- game has in game HDR settings
- supports dualsense adaptive triggers as well. Feels different when using different elemental powers and the bow.
- ammo is elemental magic which you can gain by defeating enemies and breaking environmental stuff
- can pet dogs and cats and feed them. They lead to treasures
- can also purchase stuff from vendors that are cat yokais lol.
- lastly map gets opened up with more tori gates you purify.

Here's some Resolution mode gameplay 4K 30FPS mode:

I'll add more to this thread when i play more. So far all footage is limited to Chapter 2 of the game.

Last edited:

rubhen925

Please tell me, is the AI stupid? or actually challenging?
Some of the smaller enemies you can weave around easily. But the big ones need different elemental types and traps. I didn't die yet but got severely injured as enemies tend to go around and surround you. I hate the damn projectile enemies the most lol.

ElCasual

Please tell me, is the AI stupid? or actually challenging?
This a stupid AI ruins the game, thats the reason I quit Deathloop.
Another thing is the Dualsense work, its "feels"diferent in each enchantation? Nice to read the adaptative triggers.

Arioco

I got a chance to play GhostWire: Tokyo on PS5 - First Hands-On Preview. I was able to show first 20 mins of gameplay.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is a stunning action-adventure game designed exclusively for the PlayStation 5 from Shinji Mikami and Tango Gameworks. Experience Tango’s unique vision of Tokyo – a stunning metropolis rich in tradition and history – as players face off against a supernatural threat.
A massive paranormal event causes the sudden disappearance of 99% of the population while spirits from Japanese folklore storm Tokyo. Players will harness paranormal abilities to solve the mystery of the disappearances and save the city.

Special Thanks to Tango Gameworks & Bethesda for providing me early hands-On Preview.

Is that your channel? I've been a subscriber for a long time now, I really love your content dude. Thanks for so many great videos in HDR!

Topher

Gold Member

To add on to this. There are High FPS modes and VRR modes. But since PS5 doesn't support VRR they recommend not using the last two modes with VRR. High FPS mode I'm guessing is for 120 fps but will have to confirm as I dont have a 120 fps monitor.

- game has in game HDR settings
- supports dualsense adaptive triggers as well. Feels different when using different elemental powers and the bow.
- ammo is elemental magic which you can gain by defeating enemies and breaking environmental stuff
- can pet dogs and cats and feed them. They lead to treasures
- can also purchase stuff from vendors that are cat yokais lol.
- lastly map gets opened up with more tori gates you purify.

Here's some Resolution mode gameplay 4K 30FPS mode:

I'll add more to this thread when i play more. So far all footage is limited to Chapter 2 of the game.

Thanks for the info, guys. Does this game support keyboard/mouse on PS5?

Should have been a online game like Gantzo ? It was the perfect time for this, it's the evolution of the battleroyale/roguelike. You keep playing and getting better skills. You died you start over.

Look really empty and boring? I mean, it can be fun for some minutes but looks dead.But I laught when you went to get the first public phone and didn't jump, just got around walking

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Should have been a online game like Gantzo ? It was the perfect time for this, it's the evolution of the battleroyale/roguelike

I have no idea what Gantzo is but please god no more "evolutions of battle royale".

Edit - did you mean Gantz: 0 by any chance? Alltho I still never heard about an online Gantz game.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
There's a VRR mode selectable in game?

Confirmation it's coming Soony if true.
That would seem to be the case, from the post you quoted, but this screenshot from the graphics options isn't showing any VRR option.

yiAcA7I.png

HFR is probably a 120Hz mode like we got with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, not VRR.

Perhaps rubhen925 rubhen925 is willing to expand on that VRR comment, though.

Orta

Banned
Would it be better with a m&kb do you think? Are there many controller commands that would have to be mapped all over the keyboard?

IF VRR mode is presented in that game that probably means that VRR UPDATE will indeed launch with the next major system update at late March.Ghostwire also launches that time at 25th of March.HFR mode is also strange because it doesn't say 120fps mode like other games just uncapped framerate like the VRR mode of Dying light 2 Series X has!

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

It's not exclusive to the PS5, it's coming to XSX after a year

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That would seem to be the case, from the post you quoted, but this screenshot from the graphics options isn't showing any VRR option.

yiAcA7I.png

HFR is probably a 120Hz mode like we got with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, not VRR.

Perhaps rubhen925 rubhen925 is willing to expand on that VRR comment, though.

FUCKING CMON (sorry for awful rant, I am super pissed today for some reason :D )

again same shit.
Give us better description of the modes.
What does it maen HIGH FRAMERATE mode ?! So is it 60 all the time or is 60 the ceiling? Is high fps 45 fps? Is there no ray tracing? The don't say it's the mode without raytracing...
As usual - shitty cop out graphics modes with bad descriptions.

I think modes should ONLY differ in resolution and 30/40/60/vrr cap should be a separate toggle from the mode.
having to choose your newly bought game to either play with ray tracing or shit tracing 60fps is not a choice.
You are feeling cheated and you've not even started the game. I hate this.
And is the ray tracing mode 4k? Is high fidelity 4k or is high fidelity 1080p but... "high fidelity graphics"
No information, BAD choices. Would prefer to have no choice.. at least I wouldn't feel like someone slapped me in my face but asked me if I prefer left or right cheek...

edit: In short - I want console gaming to be plug and play again... but at the same time some choice (30/60 + uncapped for future consoles) is nice,. But dont make a presentation 30fps mode and then make no other mode look like that...

Last edited:

Banned
2 modes are with completely uncapped FPS WITH OUT VSYNC!
VRR IS ON THE WAY!

that means nothing. DMC5 also has uncapped modes (they didn't name them that but that's what they were)
also, there are 360 games that had these options.

the current beta PS5 update ahs no VRR and that means it will not come for at least another 1 or 2 months as this new update without VRR isn't even out yet

that means nothing. DMC5 also has uncapped modes (they didn't name them that but that's what they were)
also, there are 360 games that had these options.

the current beta PS5 update ahs no VRR and that means it will not come for at least another 1 or 2 months as this new update without VRR isn't even out yet
TRUE but remember DMC 5 was a multiplatform game released at the same time for Series X they had the same options.This time we are talking about a timed console exclusive,and it is the first Ps5 first party game which support uncapped framerates,i think that probably means something as these modes if you read the article have unstable framerates.Unstable fps is where VRR needed mostly!

ToTTenTranz

Banned
It appears Ghostwire Tokyo has 6 Graphical modes.Read here:
2 modes are with completely uncapped FPS WITH OUT VSYNC!
VRR IS ON THE WAY!

It's indeed weird that there are two modes using the 120Hz output and VSync like RC: Rift Apart, and another two using the 120Hz output and no VSync.
Especially considering the devs apparently answered them saying "yes we know there's tearing in that mode".

It could be just the devs presenting people with options, though..

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
19 GB is fantastic!

The game looks good. I am just looking forward to seeing how AI behaves during combat scenarios. At the moment, it seems like AI enemies just stand there as punching bags. I hope that was just for presentation purposes.

Banned
TRUE but remember DMC 5 was a multiplatform game released at the same time for Series X they had the same options.This time we are talking about a timed console exclusive,and it is the first Ps5 first party game which support uncapped framerates,i think that probably means something as these modes if you read the article have unstable framerates.Unstable fps is where VRR needed mostly!

well it could just be future proofing for the eventual VRR update, but it will not be there at launch that is for sure.

also also, there were games even on last gen that had options like these, and VRR was basically not even a thing people talked about back then (even tho the Xbox systems had it already) so this could just be that. (like I said, even 360 games had these sort of options sometimes, Bioshock 1-3 for example)

remember, this is made by Tango Softworks, and Evil Within 2 had an unlocked option on last gen as well

Last edited:
Did someone make a previews thread for the game? Dont want to drop a video in someone else op.
But the game does deserve to be talked about

I think its safe to discuss it here. Ill post your video if you dont feel good about it

I've seen yours,ops and one more and I'm partially sold on the game. The atmosphere looks really nice but the combat has yet to impress me.

TVexperto

Karak Karak after ubisofts shitty fov of far cry 6 on ps5 i want to know...does this game have a fov slider since you mentioned they have lots of settings ?

Top Bottom