• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GI.Biz] Sony's third-party plan to make PlayStation the best place to play

Calverz

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF
For my use case scenario not at all. I got the ps5 day before launch. I sold it a few months ago and made profit.

fart town usa

Gold Member
PS5 really is the best place to play.

It's got all the 3rd party games, it's got the sony exclusives, the entire PS4 library and it's even got a plug and play VR solution.
Yea but PSVR has a cable....:messenger_grinning_sweat:

In all seriousness I agree 100%, I don't even play too many modern PS5 games but holy smokes, the system is an absolute beast for console gaming. I've actually been streaming PS3 titles of all things, Alone in the Dark: Inferno, yes please! :lollipop_beaming_smiling:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It’s going on 2.5 years and the value is still better to get a gaming console than building a gaming rig for 499.99.

Sony has complete BC with all ps4 games, and majority of the titles I have purchased were off psn.

The hardware value is the only value.

It’s not an apples to apples comparison in any way. PlayStation doesn’t offer a fraction of what PC does, so it’s simply not a viable replacement - unless new AAA games are literally the only thing you care about.

Even then you aren’t getting every new AAA release.

MikeM

The hardware value is the only value.

It’s not an apples to apples comparison in any way. PlayStation doesn’t offer a fraction of what PC does, so it’s simply not a viable replacement - unless new AAA games are literally the only thing you care about.

Even then you aren’t getting every new AAA release.
The buy in price for a lot of families can be the determining factor. Hence why Series S exists.

Buy a PS (or Series console), and you have more than an excessive amount of games to play available to purchase. So what PC has more- a lot of people don’t care or have the free time for that to matter.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The buy in price for a lot of families can be the determining factor. Hence why Series S exists.

Buy a PS (or Series console), and you have more than an excessive amount of games to play available to purchase. So what PC has more- a lot of people don’t care or have the free time for that to matter.

For families, kids, or the casual player, absolutely a console.
Although for those I usually recommend a Switch or Xbox. Depends on who it’s for/age range.

PC is only something I’d recommend to the adult that wants to go beyond a console.

Now is Sony's chance to match Microsoft's Rewards system because MS is starting to get greedy by giving less and less points that are harder to earn. Like yesterday I noticed the 2000 monthly bonus points now take 5 achievements and three weeklies in order to get those points. Used to be one weekly and three achievements.

They're also not giving out those 6000 points for pre-orders like in the past, so this is a perfect opportunity for Sony to implement a better rewards system.

Corndog

Banned

Some games will never go to console. Pc market also has exclusives

CobraAB

That would indeed suck. Sony should release Call of the Mountain on PC and Valve should give Sony Alyx. I mean, why not? You're just turning down money.
Probably should. VR mark=ket is just so small. While understandable they want big titles to promote their own platforms, they sort of just need to get VR to just take off no matter what.

Corndog

Banned
I’m aware but does the console market care? The ones that do have a PC.
Of course it does. That’s exactly why I bought a pc despite having a console.

Edit: it also allows you to play some first party games from Sony and Microsoft without having to buy both consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom