• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
That tweet Lmao. Alex has been my fav during these discussions, I agree with him on a lot of stuff and he usually has been arguing his case well.

I'm glad he's there to pick up the slack, Dan and Jason may as well not be on the podcasts at all.

I don't think anyone was throwing shade, but here:

HQpPaXY.png

kai3345

Banned
The most Brad thing during these awards has been during his argument for Uncharted 4 for Best Story, talking up the "big, game-changing reveal" in Uncharted 4 that Nathan's name isn't actually Drake. Something that was already revealed in 3 lol

Meneses

Project BEAST 2 really ought to be My Summer Car finishing the car.

I'll be up for that if they install some mod to get rid of the mosquito noises, that shit's unbearable.

edit: so I don't know if i've been watching the premium version or what, but I don't remember any ads during the deliberations. Has there been any Small Business Man appearance?

Meguro

Banned
I can't believe Mass Effect 2 came from behind to win GOTY for all years including 2016.
Crazy.
(Actual) BEST GAME SPOILER:
Jeff immediately going with Hitman over DOOM is the most unexpected thing in 2016

thats because TF2 is a much better game. By friendly people mean it doesnt show your kda and eventually you get your ult and can get at least a few kills that way

The ults all felt terrible to me, unfortunately. They barely did anything.
It's friendly for a number of reason, not just hiding your stats. It-

-Shows recognition for things other than doing damage/kills. "Oh you blocked alot as reinhardt, have a medal. Oh you healed alot as mercy, have a medal." For a starting player, that's incredibly a good feeling. Like if you play call of duty for the first time, if you're not getting hair trigger kills or what not, you're not contributing.
-When you die, it gives you tips on what killed you. IE "Junkrats RIPtire can be shot before it reaches you." It gives you specific tips on what killed you, and whether it's pertinent to your character.

TF2 I'm sure is a good multiplayer game, but I don't see it giving you any tips like that. Sure you can kill AI and there are modes that let you do objectives that revolve around collecting cash from AI, but it is no where near Overwatch's level of friendliness to new players.
I felt like I was completely abandoned as a new player. I didn't get any helpful hints and never received a single bit of recognition.

Gurrry

Damn, cant believe that
Hitman
won GOTY. I really thought it would be
Doom or Overwatch
, but given how much time the guys spend with it was reminscent of Mario Maker last year. It really took them by storm and was a game that everyone universally enjoyed.

I still need to check out
Doom and Hitman
myself, but I still think that
Overwatch
is the best game this year. But considering its GB's list, its probably at the right spot considering their time spent with it was sporadic.

It was the right call to remove
Uncharted
in favor of the bottom 3.

Gerstmann batting for Mario Maker and now Hitman just continues the theory for me that Giant Bomb's number 2 will always be the true number 1.

The multiplayer argument is such bs to me especially since it's actually pretty good.

Phediuk

Gerstmann batting for Mario Maker and now Hitman just continues the theory for me that Giant Bomb's number 2 will always be the true number 1.

The multiplayer argument is such bs to me especially since it's actually pretty good.

And of course, last year, when others argued against Mario Maker for its terrible curation features, Jeff insisted that they didn't detract from the overall quality of the game.

Hjod

Banned
I know I'm late to the party, really late.

But I'm watching through the Mario Party Parties, and at the end of Mario Party 6, it's around the four hour mark(4:07:31), Dan is laying down after eating nacho cheese and Oreo's, he goes to sit up and lets out the weirdest sound a grown man can make, Jeff being quick on the draw comments with "That's the sound of your soul dying".

I was so not prepared for that, haven't laughed that hard in years. Send help.

Please continue with the GOTY discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom