• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, last year, when others argued against Mario Maker for its terrible curation features, Jeff insisted that they didn't detract from the overall quality of the game.

I mean it was going against another pillar of the genre that is MGSV but the Mother Base was a valid argument so I don't think that's entirely fair. But especially since I'm the mutant that really likes the MP in Doom is just....*shakes head*

Brad fails me again this year.

Hitman is silly, Doom is glorious.

Ya blew it, Giant Bomb.

oti

Banned
And of course, last year, when others argued against Mario Maker for its terrible curation features, Jeff insisted that they didn't detract from the overall quality of the game.

There's a difference between "this could be better but with little effort you can make the experience great" and "this multiplayer mode is garbage".

Xater

I only have one trophy left to get in Hitman and then I have all of them. It's doing a suit only and silent assassin run in one of the two summer bonus episodes. I think I'll tackle that tomorrow. Than I will let Hitman rest until the last bonus episode is out. Well I'll probably return for the elusive targets as well.

Speaking of MGSV, was that multiplayer mode bad or just dead on arrival?

It wasn't great and hampered on top of that by bad execution. Unless they patched it in way down the line it didn't even have host migration, so you can imagine how many games just ceased existing mid match.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh man

I can't wait till you get to the 5th boss. The 3rd boss is really annoying, but after that it's easy street.

I fought the 5th boss now. He seems fun actually. Got him down to his second to last bar on the first try. I like this game a lot. Those weird "now walk a bit while a rabbit talks to you" sequences I can take or leave.

Dineren

Banned
Isn't
Doom
gradually stealing more of my precious SSD space to add more
bad multiplayer content every patch
? That's reason enough for it to lose.

J_Viper

Dan's singing has tears streaming from my face

Isn't
Doom
gradually stealing more of my precious SSD space to add more
bad multiplayer content every patch
? That's reason enough for it to lose.

That's the worst part. It's mandatory terrible DLC. I'm surprised that specific example didn't make it into the Giant Patches talk

Catvoca

Banned
YouTube's Patrick Klepek posted his top 10 on Waypoint
DOOM's number 1
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/deans-list-patrick-klepeks-favorite-games-of-2016

I fought the 5th boss now. He seems fun actually. Got him down to his second to last bar on the first try. I like this game a lot. Those weird "now walk a bit while a rabbit talks to you" sequences I can take or leave.

That's how I felt about the walking sections but the payoff in the end is real good.

Personally I liked the walking sequences but I can see why theyre not for everyone.

Yeah, the 5th boss is so damn memorable. The main reason being
that he clearly spells it out that you are the bad guy.

And the fight itself is mechanically intense..

J_Viper

Brad's vibrato is killer

Someone please edit Alex's rendition of Sabotage onto that one part of Star Trek Beyond. I'd make that terrible scene infinitely better.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Personally I liked the walking sequences but I can see why theyre not for everyone.

Yeah, the 5th boss is so damn memorable. The main reason being
that he clearly spells it out that you are the bad guy.

And the fight itself is mechanically intense..

The last sequence with the 5th boss was intense. I only had 3 health on my last bar left when I beat him. Feels pretty good. (and bad)

tesqui

Not sure why I care so much, but Doom getting fucked over by Hitman hurts. I guess it's mostly because I don't understand the love for Hitman. I played a fair amount and thought it was a pretty fun standard Hitman game. I honestly didn't think it was that different from Absolution. Doom, however is so much more. A return to form that came out of no where. An exhilarating tour de force!

I also don't like the way #1 gets all the space in the article while 2-10 is just a bland numbered list without images or anything. I thought it was top 10 games of the year, not GOTY and here's 9 other games. I understand there trying to make the winner more special, but it also makes the 9 other games seem like nothing.

Catvoca

Banned
I also don't like the way #1 gets all the space in the article while 2-10 is just a bland numbered list without images or anything. I thought it was top 10 games of the year, not GOTY and here's 9 other games. I understand there trying to make the winner more special, but it also makes the 9 other games seem like nothing.

This had always bothered me. They go through so much effort arguing this stuff and then they go to no effort to actually present the top 10 list (or runners up in other categories). I feel like they could do a small blurb on each game or something to make it seem more worthwhile.

Jintor

Not sure why I care so much, but Doom getting fucked over by Hitman hurts. I guess it's mostly because I don't understand the love for Hitman. I played a fair amount and thought it was a pretty fun standard Hitman game. I honestly didn't think it was that different from Absolution. Doom, however is so much more. A return to form that came out of no where. An exhilarating tour de force!

Absolution was Kane and Lynch 3 dressed up in Hitman's skin that utterly failed to understand on a mechanical level what made Hitman Hitman.

I don't deny that Doom is a god damn fantastic game, but for my style of play it's a one and done kind of thrill-ride as compared to Hitman's world of assassination possibilities.

79fuF9G.gif

Rainmaker

Banned
What a great GOTY week. I didn't even miss the skits at all and I usually like them even though last year's had some misses.

Very excited to start on Brad'a Extra Life stream

Blade Runner is a beautifully produced piece of crap.

Cinematography and sets and music are top notch and get the respect they should but the actual movie as a entertainment experience? ZZZzzzzz......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom