• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
i got home and decided to look at brad's stream

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

The most Brad thing during these awards has been during his argument for Uncharted 4 for Best Story, talking up the "big, game-changing reveal" in Uncharted 4 that Nathan's name isn't actually Drake. Something that was already revealed in 3 lol

Yup. But no one else realized that as well. Also, they all got the whole thing wrong about 4. In 4
their real surname was Morgan (their mother's name was Cassandra). It was Sam, just after they escaped the police at the old woman's house, who suggested changing their surname to Drake, saying he knew someone who could forge documents for them. Then, a couple years later (in Uncharted 3), Nathan ends up in Cartagena, Colombia, where he meets Sully for the first time and tells him of his supposed relation to Francis Drake. Later in that game Katharine Marlowe reveals that she knows Nathan's secret.

Is it really revealed in 3 that Nathan is not a Drake? I have no recollection of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zznYGAm9rGg

In Uncharted 3, it's mentioned Cassandra Morgan (Nathan and Sam's mother (Morgan being their surname by birth)) committed suicide. That's casually mentioned in Uncharted 4, as young Nathan said that other children taunted him by saying his mom is in hell. In Christianity, it's said one who commits suicide goes to hell.

In Uncharted 3, it's mentioned his father sent him to the Saint Francis (as in Saint Francis of Assisi, Patron Saint of Animals, not Sir Francis Drake) orphanage. That was the name of the orphanage in Uncharted 4.

In Uncharted 3, Marlowe tells him she knows his last name is not Drake. That is also true. In Uncharted 4, Sam (not Cassandra Morgan, as Brad thought), suggests to Nathan that they change their surname to Drake, after they were forced on the run following their escape from the police at the dead woman's mansion. He said he knew someone that could forge documents. Then, going by Uncharted 3's beginning, a couple years later, Nathan finds himself in Cartagena, Colombia, where he first meets Sully and lies to him about his heritage.

neshcom

Banned
I haven't played enough of the series, but being descended from Drake
and there being a reveal that he isn't
sounds like some weak-ass characterization.

Blade Runner is a beautifully produced piece of crap.

Cinematography and sets and music are top notch and get the respect they should but the actual movie as a entertainment experience? ZZZzzzzz......

wAZu5Jl.gif

Depends on the cut, to be honest.

neshcom

Banned
Rocket League face-off is so good. The time code gives it away at some point, but it's a good set of games and lots of duders talking to each other.

[edit] Haha, just saw they didn't trim the end of the Rocket League match!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is that game actually good? It looked like another case of quirky streamer bait

I don't know. It's even harder to decide its quality to someone else than Deadly Premonition or Truck Simulator. It's way too tedious and slow to have any success as streamer bait past the first day though. It's like an inbetween of a janky european simulator and like.. hydlide. except instead of fighting monsters you're making a car.

They're talking shit about Blade Runner while playing DOTA. This is actual hell.

Criticizing anything whilst playing DOTA makes said criticism null. If anything it strengthens my adoration for Blade Runner.

Blade Runner is a beautifully produced piece of crap.

Cinematography and sets and music are top notch and get the respect they should but the actual movie as a entertainment experience? ZZZzzzzz......

That's an apt description for Inside. Maybe I should give it a second chance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan's singing is like The Room amazing. Because it's awful but you can tell he's not just doing it for goofs. Like he knows it's bad but he's not 'hey guys look at me being all bad'

So how does everyone feel about the format this year?

I thought most of the videos were really terrific and the beginnings had most of the goofy charm of the skits. Would've liked to see the old-style Award announcements integrated in some way but other than that I dug it.

Still have so much to catch up on, but what I've seen definitely reminded me why I love Giant Bomb in the first place in a year where I've had less and less time to keep up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom