• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GIGATON: Zelda to be a playable character in Tears of The Kingdom

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
This would have been very interesting with the “asymmetrical gameplay” philosophy of the WiiU.
This game may have a few surprises up its sleeve, but I guess the “it’s just DLC“ narrative will be hard to shake off.

EruditeHobo

Not gonna get me to buy day 1... but it's a good idea. Will look forward to playing through this sometime next year, probably.

BlackTron

The preview in the cave from way back made it easy to speculate that BOTW 2 would get 2 player co op mode and add Zelda. Not having seen anything else to indicate Zelda, 2 player or even the dungeon-like area they were in got a bit concerning.

This one tweet made me more intrigued with the game than the more recent trailers. I just wish it was coming out on better hardware already

Kamina

Golden Boy
That image has been tweeted in Japan weeks ago.
It may be a hint, or it maybe isnt.

We will see.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Link will be dead and replaced by Zelda, Zelda going to save her lover Ganon and live happily after.

Last edited:

Pejo

In BotW Link used the Sheika slate as a gameplay device.
I know it's a gameplay device, I just don't see why the tweet indicates she's playable. She's not even using it in the pic, she's just holding it and looking at something up to the left.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I know it's a gameplay device, I just don't see why the tweet indicates she's playable. She's not even using it in the pic, she's just holding it and looking at something up to the left.
I didn't say I think she's playable, plus, she also used it in BotW in the cutscenes. So who knows.

She’s holding a Switch 2. You’ve heard it here first! But really it’s probably just marketing for a switch with a Zelda skin

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
She gets the tablet in the ending of botw (and has it first in the various flashback scenes of course) where she wasn't playable. Why wouldn't she have it still in the direct sequel?

Synless

They made sure to lop off half of her hair first because she couldn’t save the world and have long, feminine hair.

Link’s hair is longer at this point.

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom.png

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

I freaking called it from the first trailer!!! There were so many clues. Especially with Link taking to the Skies and Zelda always falling underneath. I suspected them both having asynchronous adventures opposite of each other. Plus Zelda is a very capable fighter and since her and Link were exploring together in the first trailer, I suspected it was an adventure they would BOTH be on.

I really hope I'm right.

if we can play as her then cool. if not then whatever. most likely we'll only get to play as her during at certain parts of the story. could be multiple times across the game or just the one time.

Reactions: Isa
Id bet £20 quid shes only playable through the main dungeons
thats a safe bet. if she is playable it'll only be at certain points in the game like dungeons for example.

there are rumors of zelda being a ghost (i don't know how much there is to back it up) so maybe Link can summon her ghost in dungeons or some shit?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom