• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give an average overall review score of ALL the games you've played in your life..

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
A lot of AAA games in my life time, games like metro, hitman, assassins creed games but only so many 10s mainly Zelda’s.

fart town usa

Gold Member
10/10 because certain games exist.

RE 96, RE2, RE3, Super Mario World, OOT, TP, etc.

Doesn't matter how many turds I play, the classics exist and are easy to go back to.

Sojiro

Probably a 7/10, and that is really only tainted by my early years in playing games (NES/SNES/PS1 era) where I would take a chance on a stinker since I was renting it from the local rental store. Later on I would stick to mostly well reviewed (either by magazine at the time, or word of mouth) games and wouldn't try out the random licensed title that likely won't be good, but i'll give it a shot over the weekend. Nowadays I stick with the stuff I know I am going to like, and its really rare the game I buy doesn't live up to my expectation, and I don't have a good time with it, because I avoid the shit that still exists like the plague, and am better informed not to get stuck with that shit.

Fuz

Banned
3,1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679/1,61803398874989484820458683436563811

Kamina

Golden Boy
0/10 I could have used the money and time on hookers & cocaine
rick james cocaine GIF

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
My review is ongoing
Yeah I just can't do this. I'm 54 years old and Telstar in 1976 was my first videogame given as a gift from my uncle. Never stopped since.

Now if you ask me how many chicks I slept with I could probably answer you within 6 hours but that belongs in Off Topic.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yeah I just can't do this. I'm 54 years old and Telstar in 1976 was my first videogame given as a gift from my uncle. Never stopped since.

Now if you ask me how many chicks I slept with I could probably answer you within 6 hours but that belongs in Off Topic.
This is pretty close to my story. Been gaming since 1976 and have never stopped.

Uhh that's a hard one. Honestly no idea. Easy to remember the really good ones, but also lots of not so memorable ones, but still enjoyable. A few stinkers as well. Many unfinished ones....

Between 6 and 8?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Some of my fav games I played:

Remember Me
Sonic Unleashed
Crackdown series
Days Gone
The Saboteur

So...I have no idea....

Maybe 70's, 80's.

There are games that reviewed high that I never played, especially if they are exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

Ok, I missed this from the OP:

However if I were to look at each game, attribute a score to it, and give it an HONEST evaluation/review,

in that case, it would be 80's-90's. If I enjoy a game, its gonna be rated higher for me regardless of what game critics say.

My personal opinion will always outweigh what others think.

Last edited:
I've literally played tens of thousands of games at this point over the last 42+ years of my gaming life; most have been good, some excellent and the rest mediocre (or worse!). So I'd say 7.25 out 10 is a fair score.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
8/10

I would say I have played mostly great games. I am fairly selective. If I play a game it is probably good at least to me. And I don't really care what the critics say.

I've beat probably a couple hundred games at this point in my life, some good, some bad, some great. However if I were to look at each game, attribute a score to it, and give it an HONEST evaluation/review, and take the average for all those games... it would very likely be probably about a 7/10 for everything.
5/10. I've played good stuff, bad stuff and everything in between.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve had euphoric, almost religious like moments in my life with gaming. Some feelings I don’t know if I’ll ever feel again. I hope I do. The bad times were literally putting the game in the trash can because it either broke or it sucked. 9/10 on a good day, 8/10 on a bad one.

I’ve played since I first saw the Famicom at a neighbor’s house. I’ve played games from each generation, even some from earlier in time, and most of the well known games.

I’d rank my association of video games with other people lower than the actual experience. That includes mothers, teachers, and etc.

soulbait

7/10 - too much water.

Seriously. Water levels and swimming portions are probably the worse parts in many games.

Top Bottom